Texas, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curse semi-normal sleeping habits cutting my time short!
I'd better get some sleep, I am pretty tired.

Have a good one everyone! :wave:

Ebay...WTF is this

350088511572.jpg

and what did it have to do with anything at all in Lemonade Stand?

And this GE commercial that just came on seems to insinuate that in Rural Chinese hospitals there are goats running about. Way to not be racist

And this GE commercial that just came on seems to insinuate that in Rural Chinese hospitals there are goats running about. Way to not be racist

Channel 7 has done these stupid "interest" stories about China that, quite frankly, are patronising and implicitly racist. But then 7 tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator, so I'm not really surprised that they'd stoop so low.

Channel 7 has done these stupid "interest" stories about China that, quite frankly, are patronising and implicitly racist. But then 7 tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator, so I'm not really surprised that they'd stoop so low.

I'm not in my right mind atm so I might've intpretted the commercial wrong, but that looks like what was happening.

:hyper: HAMMER THROW!

Oooh, I wish they'd show that here.

I'm pissed they didn't show the women's shot put, both because I like shot put and because New Zealand's Valerie Vili fucking owned it.

I hope I get to see the pole vault ...

Oooh, I wish they'd show that here.

I'm pissed they didn't show the women's shot put, both because I like shot put and because New Zealand's Valerie Vili fucking owned it.

I hope I get to see the pole vault ...

Even if I only competed for a short time, Shot Put was my event. I was actually pretty good.

Seriously, the only Olympic events I WANT to watch are Baseball, (soccer), Pole Vault, Shot Put, Javelin, Hammer Throw, and Uneven Bars. These happen to be the events I have yet to see.

Even if I only competed for a short time, Shot Put was my event. I was actually pretty good.

Seriously, the only Olympic events I WANT to watch are Baseball, (soccer), Pole Vault, Shot Put, Javelin, Hammer Throw, and Uneven Bars. These happen to be the events I have yet to see.

Ooh, you did shot put? I tried it a couple of times and embarrassed myself. Though I was even more humiliatingly bad at discus.

I'm not having too much luck seeing events I want to watch either. I'd love to see some fencing, but nooo, none of that has been shown. I would have liked more weightlifting and archery than dodgy quick summaries. And I don't think I've seen a single field event, just some track.

But hey, at least every bloody swimming race was shown twenty times. :|

So, that ranking top fifty U2 songs thread on EYKIW is fucking difficult. I keep forgetting tracks I want to include. I'm tempted to just do it methodically and rank every album, then merge those together. Sure, it'd take time, but I need a timewaster right now to distract me from the fucking ringing in my right ear!

Ooh, you did shot put? I tried it a couple of times and embarrassed myself. Though I was even more humiliatingly bad at discus.

I'm not having too much luck seeing events I want to watch either. I'd love to see some fencing, but nooo, none of that has been shown. I would have liked more weightlifting and archery than dodgy quick summaries. And I don't think I've seen a single field event, just some track.

But hey, at least every bloody swimming race was shown twenty times. :|

Yeah, I wasn't too bad, but I was wicked bad at Discus. Almost killed someone :crack:

Oh God, yeah, I wanna see those events too. And now apparently, even though the events are happening in China right now, NBC's not showing anymore live events? I can watch waterpolo and basketball on USA though if I want :|

Yeah the NBC programming n right now is a look back at Phelps' "Historic week"

Yeah, I wasn't too bad, but I was wicked bad at Discus. Almost killed someone :crack:

Oh God, yeah, I wanna see those events too. And now apparently, even though the events are happening in China right now, NBC's not showing anymore live events? I can watch waterpolo and basketball on USA though if I want :|

Yeah the NBC programming n right now is a look back at Phelps' "Historic week"

I was terrified somebody would end up very hurt if I kept trying my hand at field events.

WTF. At the moment, 7 is jumping around between things Australia's doing well at - some basketball game against Lithuania and highlights of sailing. SBS is just showing some men's volleyball match that doesn't interest me. The way 7's hopping around, I figure I'll at least see SOMETHING I want to see sooner or later, even if it's just five seconds before they move on to some Australian winning some medal I don't care about.

I'd love some sort of custom channel where you can pick and choose what events you want to see and when. That would be really cool.

We've had news pieces on "Phelps or Bolt, who's the greatest?"

I'd love some sort of custom channel where you can pick and choose what events you want to see and when. That would be really cool.

Seriously, the fact that this doesn't exist is baffling.

And the 30-40 seconds of Hammer Throw I just saw was the most entertained I've been by the Olympics so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom