Tea, South Dakota Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Apparently it's being played in Tokyo. A desperate attempt at internationalism?

(No, I am aware the Japanese have equally as shitty sporting taste as Americans. Two countries does not an international sport make.)

we've opened the season (we as in MLB) in japan 3 times.

2 countries? we've got all of latin america on our side, SV

Varitek said:

i've wondered that too - why the hell else is he hanging out with people he's said he hates?

If he keeps going, I'm going to screenshot one of his longwinded one.

JOKES
If you need to explain it, it's not funny.

bono_man2002 said:

Speaking of Bowie. Well Kinda. What artists are you checking out these days?

Well I was meant to be spreading out... I got Pink Moon and Bryter Layter by Nick drake, Who's Next, but the other albums I want JB does not have. You wont believe how hard it is to find a copy of Born to Run.

Varitek said:

we've opened the season (we as in MLB) in japan 3 times.

2 countries? we've got all of latin america on our side, SV

Latin America? You've got, what, Puerto Rico? Everywhere else cares only about soccer, soccer, SOCCER.

COBL_04 said:

Well I was meant to be spreading out... I got Pink Moon and Bryter Layter by Nick drake, Who's Next, but the other albums I want JB does not have. You wont believe how hard it is to find a copy of Born to Run.

BIT TORRENT.

I could find you about 10,000 torrents of Born To Run, but it's not very good so I won't waste either your time or mine.

Axver said:

BIT TORRENT.

I could find you about 10,000 torrents of Born To Run, but it's not very good so I won't waste either your time or mine.

Woudln't be interested anyway. I want hard copies. Cds. Teh full experience. Coming to u23d?

COBL_04 said:

Well if youre coming to u23d youre getting a mix as well

*awaveofexcitementhasrushedovermeimightbeoneofthefewpeopleonheretointroduceaxvertoanaritst*

Pee Fan's been trying to get me to download more Bowie. He's the one who got me to download Ziggy Stardust. I think he said I'd enjoy Low. I'd download more but my computers are being shitty with me.

Axver said:

Latin America? You've got, what, Puerto Rico? Everywhere else cares only about soccer, soccer, SOCCER.

Try the Dominican Republic as well. Baseball is bigger there than soccer.

And further south, you've got Venezuela and Columbia in South America with quite the baseball following.

COBL_04 said:

Try Virgin or Sanity? Leading Edge even, I don't know if they have those around Melbourne and surrounds or not.

I've seen plenty of Born To Run's for $9 around local cd stores.

There's some independent stores around that city that would probably have it. Although If you wanna get into Bruce you could also try "The Rising", "Magic" "Born In The USA", and well the list could go on.

For Me Personally. It's Tori Amos. :love:

Dan, surely you can find Born to Run somewhere. There must be a bunch of different JB's in Melbourne, have you checked out different ones other than your local? Plus, second hand CD stores. If I can find a copy of Moose's XYZ at a second hand CD store otherwise filled with unpopular singles by the Backstreet Boys and East 17, then you can certainly find Born to Run.

COBL_04 said:

Woudln't be interested anyway. I want hard copies. Cds. Teh full experience. Coming to u23d?

Hard copies are a waste of time. I don't want artwork, and all I do with the CD is rip it to my computer and never look at it again.

Yeah, I'll be at the midnight showing. Ali got my ticket when they first went on sale.

Speaking of Ali, where's she got to?

phanan said:

I officially disown you for that remark.

Frankly, I don't think Bruce has recorded a single good studio album, at least of the five or six I've heard.

What I've heard live is rather good though. In other words, I wouldn't walk across the street to pick up his entire discography for free, but I'd pay to see him live.

Axver said:
What I've heard live is rather good though. In other words, I wouldn't walk across the street to pick up his entire discography for free, but I'd pay to see him live.

I just hope he tours downunder.

Axver said:

Pee Fan's been trying to get me to download more Bowie. He's the one who got me to download Ziggy Stardust. I think he said I'd enjoy Low. I'd download more but my computers are being shitty with me.

I think you would. It's weird at first, but you'd enjoy the instrumentals I dare say. Brian Eno was his major collaborator.

Varitek said:

not just puerto rico! panama, mexico, DR, cuba, venezuela. in particular.

Mexico? Venezuela? You may have a case with the others, but those two are clearly soccer countries.

And really, it seems to me that rather than being an international sport, those countries just feed players into the US.

Axver said:

Hard copies are a waste of time. I don't want artwork, and all I do with the CD is rip it to my computer and never look at it again.

Yeah, I'll be at the midnight showing. Ali got my ticket when they first went on sale.

Speaking of Ali, where's she got to?

you got yourself a bowie mix.

I';lll find born to run. trust me.

phanan said:

I think I'm gonna watch the rest of the game while running on the treadmill. That will keep me awake.

I love how both of you need to do things to keep yourselves awake.

Personally, I just switch to a sport that keeps me awake without me having to actually do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom