Te Puke, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys we're listening to the beach clips for the first time...honestly what's the big deal? we barely hear anything

Headphones definitely help!

Though I still can't hear what some people on WTAHNN claim to be able to discern ... I imagine some of them are full of shit or hearing what they want to hear! It happened last time.

Headphones definitely help!

Though I still can't hear what some people on WTAHNN claim to be able to discern ... I imagine some of them are full of shit or hearing what they want to hear! It happened last time.

We don't have any headphones; all we hear is some cool guitar sound that isn't really clear and Bono sounding pretty good but with no lyrics audible

I guess people just seem to hear what they want to hear

Khan, did you see my updated score for the master list? I posted it this morning.

Dear Superthreaders and friends,

Stop being sick and get well. All of you. Self included.

:hands out medicines:

Regards,
Ax

thanks, ax. i echo this. i'm getting either really rundown, or have glandular fever again. i'm awful when im sick. :uhoh: and im getting carpal tunnel surgery on the 3rd sept.
:sigh:

We don't have any headphones; all we hear is some cool guitar sound that isn't really clear and Bono sounding pretty good but with no lyrics audible

I guess people just seem to hear what they want to hear

Yeah, even on my headphones I can barely decipher any lyrics, and honestly, lyrics can make or break this stuff so I'm not willing to pass much judgement on these songs yet. Some of the guitar is promising, though, for sure.

It just cracks me up that people are talking about hearing atmosphere from Eno or Larry being dominant or Edge providing strong backing vocals ...

Yeah, even on my headphones I can barely decipher any lyrics, and honestly, lyrics can make or break this stuff so I'm not willing to pass much judgement on these songs yet. Some of the guitar is promising, though, for sure.

It just cracks me up that people are talking about hearing atmosphere from Eno or Larry being dominant or Edge providing strong backing vocals ...
oh, it's easy. song 2 just talks about bono's obsession with the superthreads.

(pfan's really bono, don't forget.)

Larry was in those recordings...?

oh, i've got fucked up feet. i've got tarsal tunnel (the same as carpal tunnel, just it's in your feet) in both my feet, tendonitis, and heel spurs. i got surgery on the right foot about a month ago, and now i get the left one done monday.

Lame. :hug: I hope that surgery goes well!

that sucks :hug: do you have to get it done in both wrists?

yeah both, but my dr is doing them seperately. i'll get the left done about 3 months after the first.

tarsal tunnel? :yikes: if the pain/numbness/weird feeling is anything similar, then i feel for you! and ive heArd awful things about heel spurs being spectacularly awful or painful? i hope you're 'back on your feet' before too long.

scuse typing.. lard boy asleep on other arm.. it's taken 4.20 mins to type this.
:doh:

thanks, ax. i echo this. i'm getting either really rundown, or have glandular fever again. i'm awful when im sick. :uhoh: and im getting carpal tunnel surgery on the 3rd sept.
:sigh:

Oh, but that sounds like bucketloads of fun. :hug:

my god, this is eerily reminiscent of dalkey beach..

i dont know whether :yikes: or :lol: is most suitable.

oh, it's easy. song 2 just talks about bono's obsession with the superthreads.

(pfan's really bono, don't forget.)

Oh, of course. And these recordings are really from him blasting the album on the Jersey Shore, not from Eze, right?

Lame. :hug: I hope that surgery goes well!

yeah both, but my dr is doing them seperately. i'll get the left done about 3 months after the first.

tarsal tunnel? :yikes: if the pain/numbness/weird feeling is anything similar, then i feel for you! and ive heArd awful things about heel spurs being spectacularly awful or painful? i hope you're 'back on your feet' before too long.

scuse typing.. lard boy asleep on other arm.. it's taken 4.20 mins to type this.
:doh:
yeah, that's what they had to do with mine too, because otherwise i wouldn't have a foot to put weight on. i thought he was crazy for not doing both at once but now i see why!

and yeah, it is! it's amazing how they could tell just from x-rays and tapping various spots on my foot. the heel spur was a little painful, but not too bad. and thanks :) it sounds like i've still got 6-7 weeks to go before i'm back to normal.

:cute: in my case, it took me forever to reply because my mom called and was being extra chatty, even though she just saw me 30 minutes ago. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom