Tara, I'll take a ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like cafes too :yes:
If i didnt get a discount in starbucks I really wouldnt go there that often unless Im in a place where I really dont know anything and I have the choice between starbucks and a questionable looking coffee shop. At least with starbucks i know what im going to get. People like consistency, even if its consistently mediocre.
Then again, people bash starbucks all the time but it wins blind taste tests :shrug:
I have to say I made the most kick ass cappuccino ever :cute:

bammo2 said:
I miss the days when you could go into a coffee shop and just ask for a coffee :sad:

In fact, most places in the UK you still can. Unless you go into the american chain shops :down:

I'll stick with going to cafes or pubs and saying 'I'll have a coffee please'. And I get a cup of filter cofffee, with some milk in a little jugs and a few sachets of sugar in case I want them :up:

bollocks to all the fancy shit. It tastes like crap anyway :D

:yes:

When I was in London a couple of weeks ago, I tried to get a cup of coffee before I got my train back to Norwich. I went to one of the coffee shops in Liverpool Street Station, stood in the queue, and stared at the menu, unable to find the word "coffee" (or even "Americano") anywhere. So I just gave up and went to Millie's Cookies, since it actually sold coffee.

I don't know a latte from a lemon...I'm hopeless:sad: But, when I do go to Starbucks, I always end up with something with a lot of kick. My question to the experts is: what's the healiest drink to consume on a regular basis?

Angela Harlem said:
If someone refused to take my order because I didn't conform to the newest pseudo latte set language, I'd get them fired for abysmal failure of customer service :up:

I believe this to be normal at coffee shops, Angela. Tell the manager, they won't care. It's the sort of behaviour they encourage. :|

bammo2 said:
yeah but if you just walk into starbucks and ask for a coffee they say 'americano?'

and when you sigh and say 'I suppose' they then say 'tall? grande? so fucking huge you'll be peeing like a racehorse for a week???'

I JUST WANT COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

I was just going to say that and I work in a coffee shop. In the shop where I work, if someone asks for a cup of coffee, we give them a small cup of drip coffee. We don't ask if they mean a latte or an americano or anything else. I guess we just figure if they wanted one of those things, they'd ask for it.

I love Starbucks, but after the location closest to my work got closed for 3 days due to cockroach infestation.......I obviously had second thoughts about that place.:slant:
This Starbucks was located next to the chinese fast food on the food court....and the roaches traveled....the location was posted on the LA Times....

eww i think i know which one is closest to your work and I've been in there. Try the ones around me the service is fast they are wonderful and they'll remember your name and order if you've been in twice. Especially imperial and la palma

I :heart: my starbucks

Venti nonfat no whip mocha - I :heart: them so much

plus my Starbucks I go to has a drive-thru

but then again I love the Orange Mocha Frappuccino as well - there is even a gas station close by....... :wink:

ABOY_NYC_LARRY_COFFEE.jpg

betcha Larry drinks something really girly

Last edited:
angelordevil said:
I don't know a latte from a lemon...I'm hopeless:sad: But, when I do go to Starbucks, I always end up with something with a lot of kick. My question to the experts is: what's the healiest drink to consume on a regular basis?

It really depends on what you like actually. Because technically something without caffeine would be best for you :wink: But ruling that out you would want to not get any flavor syrups in your drink, if you want sweetener use the raw sugar :drool:
Of course no whip cream, all the lattes are made with whole milk unless otherwise instructed. Soy milk is great for you, as well as just an americano or a cup of tea.
A lot of people get sugar free vanilla skim lattes :shrug: But Im not exactly sure if its really that good for you yet.

starsgoblue said:
This picture....my two favorite things...together...how heavenly!
afg7qf.jpg
I've spent far too much time wondering whether he was drinking regular coffee or a latte or something. :shifty:

Dunkin Donuts owns my soul for my morning caffeine fix...right now I'm addicted to the blueberry iced coffee. But Starbucks is my afternoon snack/caffeine fix when I need it. My favorite coffee snack is a grande nonfat carmel macchiatto (no offense to any Starbucks baristas if I said that wrong). :drool:

u2bonogirl said:

It really depends on what you like actually. Because technically something without caffeine would be best for you :wink: But ruling that out you would want to not get any flavor syrups in your drink, if you want sweetener use the raw sugar :drool:
Of course no whip cream, all the lattes are made with whole milk unless otherwise instructed. Soy milk is great for you, as well as just an americano or a cup of tea.
A lot of people get sugar free vanilla skim lattes :shrug: But Im not exactly sure if its really that good for you yet.

Thanks for the info! I try to drink green tea because I hear it's good for me, and that I'll live forever if I drink it...but I wish it was tastier. :|

Im so spoiled, I had this really good chai when I lived in Oregon and now the starbucks chai tastes like shite to me :(
Unless I make it with soy and shake some cinnamon in it :D
Ive spent time trying to decipher what Bono was drinking too :reject: I wish there was no sleeve on it, we might be able to zoom in on the side of the cup :mac:

redkat said:
eww i think i know which one is closest to your work and I've been in there. Try the ones around me the service is fast they are wonderful and they'll remember your name and order if you've been in twice. Especially imperial and la palma

I :heart: my starbucks

Yorba Linda Blvd. @ Prospect is a good one too...and not just because my son works there :wink:

I'm headed over there right now as a matter of fact :D

starsgoblue said:

*starts blasting Wham!* :wink: :wink:

This picture....my two favorite things...together...how heavenly!
afg7qf.jpg

Now there's irony for you. Bono is pro-fair trade and helping Africa help itself etc etc and he's drinking Starbucks. :rolleyes:

Bono's American Wife said:

Yorba Linda Blvd. @ Prospect is a good one too...and not just because my son works there :wink:

I'm headed over there right now as a matter of fact :D

I go to that one maybe once a week. I have about 4 different locations I go to :reject: I'm only a regular at two though :uhoh:

is it DMP? I think i'd recognize him.

redkat said:

I go to that one maybe once a week. I have about 4 different locations I go to :reject: I'm only a regular at two though :uhoh:

is it DMP? I think i'd recognize him.

No, it's the youngest, Dan. On weekdays, he mainly works the evening till closing shift, weekends he works all different shifts..just look for the skinny kid with really, really big hair and a wrinkled apron :laugh:

RedrocksU2 said:
[B
I have a friend that is a manager at one location in Pasadena, California....she always gives me a pound of coffee when I see her...I guess you get that every week? [/B]

Which one? And can she pull some strings? I'm looking for work :wink:

karmic_postmark said:

Which one? And can she pull some strings? I'm looking for work :wink:

The one in Colorado Blvd, in Old Town Pas.....

Just go there and apply...they are always looking for good people...you will do fine.

karmic_postmark said:
Tara & Rebekah :hug:

It would be insane if the three of us worked together. :evil:

I'd sooooo be there in a heartbeat! :drool: :combust:

Hmm... maybe y'all should open up your own coffee shop :wink:

Back
Top Bottom