Swampy Summit, Otago Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On an unexpected U2 note, I cannot believe ever I saw the show in Nashville.

Open with Even Better and The Fly? Apart from the One Tree Hill performance in Auckland where I lost it. Couldn't be better.

I can't believe the only decent leg of 360 was the last one, when normally the final leg of a tour is the shittest. And normally the final leg is the one that comes here.

But nooo, we still got the shittest leg. Just in the middle this time!

hey i liked Chicago show I went to, which was during their last leg. sure it kinda felt stagnant and audience was somehow bored (i can't fucking believe they were), but i thoroughly enjoyed it. also U2 performed One Tree Hill, which was apparently a rarity in US.

hey i liked Chicago show I went to, which was during their last leg. sure it kinda felt stagnant and audience was somehow bored (i can't fucking believe they were), but i thoroughly enjoyed it. also U2 performed One Tree Hill, which was apparently a rarity in US.

A rarity everywhere: U2 One Tree Hill - U2 on tour

I consider myself fortunate to have seen it twice in 2006.

The Vertigo shows I saw kicked the shit out of the 360 shows. But if I'd been able to catch that final leg in 2011 - those shows look like they might've competed with most of the Vertigo gigs I saw. But not the three in Boston in May 2005. Fuck those were incredible.

My word that Deafheaven gig was immense. The whole lineup was incredible, with Hope Drone and High Tension supporting. The frontwoman of High Tension is insanely energetic - and chucked out a guy who was trying to grope somebody in the crowd. That was great.

It's going to take me a while to get over this incredible week of gigs. I'm still a bit emotionally drained from Turnover, to tell the truth.

The timing of our 360 leg couldn't have been worse. If only the started the AB celebrations a little earlier. Even the lack of NLOTH was disappointing.

Now I see why she's the ex. I wouldn't stand for that shit.

I even have some space cake in the freezer but I plan on being capable of gainful employment tomorrow. I can sleep off some wine but fuck me this cake is potent.
haha oh shit this is the last thing i was expecting to read
while also having done this very same thing hahaha

and exactly...making the butter means no smell (aside from when you initially make it anyway) and no smoking anyway which is better for me

My fucking supplier got a job at an American uni so she's moved and now what's left in the freezer is all I have and I need to find a new source. Goddamn.

Also I just sucked it up and bought a ticket to The Cure. It's both expensive and shit, but all these damn setlists persuaded me I might as well rock up. At least I'm in the building?

there's no way it's easier for me to find some in huntsville than it would be in freaking melbourne.

it's great because we went to see com truise in memphis this monday (side note, it felt weird being in memphis, where i technically do still live, for such a short period of time without seeing anyone i knew, going to my house, or anything like that) and we knew it'd be more enjoyable on something. so i was like hey...i'll make two cookies. i accidentally put in way too much brown sugar so they were the consistency of fudge (and you could really only taste sugar, nothing else not even chocolate) but it made the show way more awesome.

that's awesome. if i liked more than just three of their albums i'd be more tempted to see them, but i know so much of what they'd play would be stuff i wouldn't like.

Of course I should've just asked my friends in bands, as I realised last night. So that's one problem solved.

I'm fully expecting that The Cure will play all the songs I love the next night in Adelaide.

My fucking supplier got a job at an American uni so she's moved and now what's left in the freezer is all I have and I need to find a new source. Goddamn.

I've been stopped on the street and asked if I knew where to get some :lol: If I wanted a supplier I don't think I'd struggle. Since I don't really have a private kitchen and I only like smoking when I'm drinking socially, there's no point for now.

Best story I have is I was at a Warriors game earlier this year, they got smashed and I was stuck next a an obnoxious fan of the away team.

While I waited for the girlfriend to go to the bathroom I just happened to look down at his seat. Guess who'd left an impressive amount of weed behind?

It gave me great amusement to give it away to one of my girlfriend's friends for nothing more than an "OMG thank you".

Here I was thinking I was doing pretty well when I found ten bucks in the library.

I thought SOI and the IE tour would rekindle some life, in the same way that NLOTH and the start of 360 gave the place a kick along after being pretty quiet in 2007 after Vertigo finished up.

Nope.

Wasn't that just about what it was for us back in the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom