Swampy Summit, Otago Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually a bit less blunt. At least in there. I did also ask if the resident delusional Trump fan was on drugs. Again, poor debating strategy. Also probably an accurate characterisation though.

All the other saints won't be happy having you added to their company, what with their lives of monasticism and self-denial. You'll lower the standards of sainthood sufficiently far that even I could petition for admittance.

Also, about fucking time we had an evening cold enough to justify putting on my electric blanket.

All the other saints won't be happy having you added to their company, what with their lives of monasticism and self-denial. You'll lower the standards of sainthood sufficiently far that even I could petition for admittance.

I should never join a club that would have the likes of me as a member.

Also, about fucking time we had an evening cold enough to justify putting on my electric blanket.

I'm in bed in a hoodie right now. I just hope we don't get a repeat of last winter where some nights I was sleeping in track pants, a t-shirt, hoodie, puffer jacket, gloves, beanie and socks.

I mean it was possibly excessive but I didn't get sick.

Sounds like a good winter. I don't expect to even need my gloves here. Given how our autumn has done a fine impression of summer, I'm expecting this winter to have consistently higher temperatures than most of Europe does at the same time.

Well I'm feeling pretty pleased, because I left a semi-joking request to Hideous Towns for my favourite song for tonight's show. Not only did they play it, they also covered Don't Dream It's Over and then plied me with free merch afterwards.

Fuck I love Melbourne's shoegaze-and-similar scene.

Should I base that on the principle of me not liking it? :wink:

There are so many fucking great bands in this city right now but not sure how much you'd dig most of my favourites.

Oh my god so many emotions all at once during Turnover's set. I can't even describe. They did basically all the songs that get me right in the chest. I even kind of choked up during one song and that never happens to me.

I just wish they weren't doing only support sets this tour for Basement. Why come all this way and not do any headline shows?

Wow I'm completely emotionally spent and Basement are still to come. Oh boy. If I don't emerge from the Corner I died of emotions.

My nose is still a little swollen. Christ, so much crowdsurfing during Basement, it was nuts.

I was interested by that proposal to turn Western Springs into a boutique Test ground. I cannot believe that Auckland is now the only major city in New Zealand that doesn't have a proper, purpose-built stadium for cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom