Sumgayit, Azerbaijan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax posted a photo without a train/tram in it :ohmy:

I have more! Like a foggy scene in Royal Park:

s640x480

Yours, if that's not going to be a problem.

No, it's not. I just needed to know whether or not to add the links to the notepad in the folder or not. I don't usually let people use mine since I had problems with people hotlinking my stuff and running up my bandwidth, but since we'll be the only two using it (Unless I decide to distribute it, at which point I won't provide the links to my Photobucket and make people upload it to their own.) I don't think that'll be much of a problem. And you won't really have to worry about it going bye-bye on you since I never delete anything I put in there! Considering it's well over half full! :laugh:

No, because that's the subject of my essay, hee. The only reason European (i.e. Pakeha) settlement of the King Country region ever took place is because the Maori chiefs permitted the construction of a railway through the area to link Auckland and Wellington directly rather than going around the long way.

Only problem was, the chiefs' strict agreement that "you run your trains through the King Country and do nothing else" wasn't adhered to, as towns cropped up to serve the railway ... then farm the land ...

Isn't that always how it goes in these historic stories? You give em a finger, they take your whole hand..

Isn't that always how it goes in these historic stories? You give em a finger, they take your whole hand..

Yep, absolutely.

It didn't help that some Maori chiefs were quite attracted by how much money they could make by selling land to Pakeha. Those who didn't want to sell pretty much got fucked both by their fellow Maori and especially by Pakeha.

The News are showing the "Joe The Plummer" footage :lmao:

I saw the start of the debate and it was hilarious when he first mentioned Joe the Plumber. I had to go to uni though, and I cannot believe he KEPT MENTIONING JOE! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom