Strathewen, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed, btw. I'm probably going to have to listen to it again, and I might as well, it's so freaking short, but...it was interesting on a first listen, though it reminded me a hell of a lot of Arcade Fire.

I don't hear much AF in Los Campesinos. I do hear some Stroke sounds there, though (like 12:51 in the intro to We Are Beautiful...). It's a great album in any case.

have you guys heard the new animal collective? i downloaded it, but haven't had time to hear it-

have you guys heard the new animal collective? i downloaded it, but haven't had time to hear it-

I have. It's my first experience with Animal Collective, ever, and it was ... interesting. I still feel like I need to listen to it more to get it.

HOWEVER, My Girls is a fantastic track and insanely catchy.

It was...not my thing...

But LemonMelon loves it, and, his previous opinions of AC have not been very positive.

did everyone see that? he just called my ass broad. fucking dickhead.

Listen dickhead, we are the true U2 fans. We were their from the beginning and we are the ones who made U2 the band they are today. Without us oldtimers, Bono would be sweeping floors, so shut the f##k up.

People like you are just the band wagon losers who wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face. people like me, recognized U2's greatness when no one knew who they were and they were playing 100 people gigs. Now that they are famous and rich , do the little idiots like you tell us that we don't know shit. It was the real old time fans who U2 owe their gratitude not the little idiot newcomers who are telling us the new stuff is great when if this crap was released when they started out they would have never been a successful band

:)

I have. It's my first experience with Animal Collective, ever, and it was ... interesting. I still feel like I need to listen to it more to get it.

HOWEVER, My Girls is a fantastic track and insanely catchy.

I can't say I'm familiar with them, but the Pitchfork review actually got me excited about the album... maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I take it is a challenging record?

wait, if you assholes talk about lost i'll hunt you down and kill you.

it's easier than you think at the moment.

The same goes for you. I still have that Aussie/NZ aggression I was planning on taking out on your ass.

You're 7 hours away, buddy. Don't you forget it.

I can't say I'm familiar with them, but the Pitchfork review actually got me excited about the album... maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I take it is a challenging record?

It's not THAT challenging, but as compared to mainstream fare, yes, it's challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom