Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all up for a Springsteen Superbowl party ...... as long as we don't have to do it at Mary's place. ;)

Well, it's been rumored for a while, but not officially announced until last night.

Just like it is rumored that it will coincide with another new album, consisting of material that didn't make it onto Magic.

at last year's super bowl i remember discussing with someone how springsteen would be great for the super bowl but it would never work because his songs are too long, and i still hold to that. i don't know how he's gonna do it without butchering some live performances.

I think he'll probably play samples of several songs like Prince. Worked for Prince not sure about Bruce.

Glory Days would be an obvious choice, I'm afraid.

There's plenty of time for him to do three full songs, I'd say. Born To Run is obvious. The other two could be Glory Days and Badlands, or perhaps a new song will be featured if he does indeed have a new release coming. In any event, three songs is not out of the question.

And I doubt you'll see a medley of his songs. That's not his style.

He can't play Glory Days at a football game :tsk: it's a baseball song. It's like sacrilege of some sort

:wink:

I could live with Dancing In the Dark.

I could not live with Glory Days. I just really don't like it, live, studio, or played by a horse with a magic banjo.

From Backstreets:

ON THE STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA
Free acoustic show at Obama rally in Philly, October 4
The "Change Rocks" concert announced earlier today (Bruce teams up with Billy Joel, see below) is a fundraiser, so it don't come cheap. But Springsteen is playing a different kind of show for Obama this weekend -- and this one's free. On Saturday afternoon, Bruce will perform an acoustic set at a rally on the streets of Philadelphia. With Pennsylvania's voter registration deadline looming on Monday, the event is an effort to both to register voters and recruit volunteers.

Craig Schirmer, Pennsylvania State Director of the Obama-Biden campaign: "Senator Obama is a great fan of Bruce Springsteen and is honored to have his support. This will be a great opportunity to gather tens of thousands of our supporters together in one place as we register new voters and bring new volunteers into this campaign for change."

Where: Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th and 22nd Streets
When: Saturday, October 4. Gates open at 2:00, showtime is 3:30
How: For access to the best viewing area, preferred tickets will be distributed to those who sign up to volunteer -- beginning at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday at the Obama-Biden campaign office. General admission tickets can be secured online at pa.barackobama.com/springsteen.
- September 30, 2008

VOTE FOR CHANGE:
THIS YEAR'S MODEL
Ticket alert: Bruce Springsteen will be performing October 16 at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, joining Barack Obama, Billy Joel "and friends" for a "Change Rocks" concert to benefit the Obama Victory Fund. Springsteen endorsed Obama back in April; this is his first benefit performance for the campaign. Tickets are available at three donation levels, starting at $500 for a balcony seat. For more information, download this PDF, or click here to purchase tickets online.

:up:

The Super Bruce! This will definitely be the best halftime show since the U2ers. Can't wait. As for the set-list...like you guys said Born to Run is the easy one. But I honestly don't see him doing Glory Days. Something off of Magic? Radio Nowhere perhaps?

The Rising maybe? Should be interesting.

For anyone else in this thread who's in or near Michigan, Bruce is coming to Eastern Michigan University on Monday to play an acoustic set at an Obama campaign rally/register to vote rally. :D

No ticket details yet, not according to either my local Democratic campaign office or the Michigan state Obama Web site. Except that the gates open at 3 p.m. and the fun starts at 4:30 ...

So, can anyone help me figure out how to take the time off work to go?

I was just gonna post that :lol:!
Will watch it after the Brewers hopefully beat Philly tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom