So I'm not the only one confused about the new Rancid album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
Rancid / Warner Deal Details
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 @ 12:24:04 EDT
Lars Frederiksen and a spokesperson for Rancid have discussed the details of their label situation with Billboard. The upcoming album will not carry any mention of the Warner Bros name, the spokesperson stated "It's a unique deal that doesn't play by the traditional record biz rules... It's Rancid putting out an album on Hellcat, with the possibility of additional support from [Warner Bros.]."

Epitaph will keep the rights to Rancid's catalog and the Hellcat label is unchanged by this deal. Epitaph will also release the LP version of "Indestructible." Lars commented to Billboard: "We have absolutely no complaints with Hellcat. Yes, we are considering additional support that Warner Bros. might be able to provide, but whatever happens, we're sticking with Brett Gurewitz. All I care about and all I have is my music, my bandmates and my band. We are going to do whatever we need to do to survive." The cover art can be found on Rancid's website. Click below for the tracklist.

"Indestructible"
"Fall Back Down"
"Red Hot Moon"
"David Courtney"
"Start Now"
"Out of Control"
"Django"
"Arrested in Shanghai"
"Travis Bickle"
"Memphis"
"Spirit of '87"
"Ghost Band"
"Tropical London"
"Roadblock"
"Born Frustrated"
"Back Up Against the Wall"
"Ivory Coast"
"Stand Your Ground"
"Otherwise"

and it also looks like it comes out august 26th, not july 22nd or june 8th. new bouncing souls on the 26th, too. :up:

wait...

This does not bode well. The last thing we need is some major label "supporting" hellcat. What the fuck are they talking about? Like people aren't going to buy the album off of hellcat. Scary...

yesterday during rancid's warped tour set they said the album is out on august 19th.

rancid just scared the fuck out of me

i downloaded a chunk of rancid from amazon's site

but haven't really listened to it

so i randomly clicked on 'poison' just now

and you know how that opens now do you...

:huh:

I don't know.

I was more confused by the new rancid video than the album release date... certain cameos.

:shifty:

Charlotte and Kelly are friends. That is not 'good'. It's even worse that I found this out by watching Rancid.

do you not know of what he speaks?

were you distracted by his manly gunnery?

take thee to a gunnery.

what are you guys talking about?

oh great..i'm confused in my own thread...

IWasBored said:
what are you guys talking about?

oh great..i'm confused in my own thread...

See your journal entry, it will make you happy.

Well, the opposite.

being the impatient person that i am, i went to great lengths to get the sound on this computer to work in order to listen to the 3 tracks (4 if you count 'fall back down') on the rancid site

:up: can't wait for tomorrow :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom