Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, there are four staples they need to play every night: New Year's Day, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, and Until the End of the World. Those are the only four universally enjoyed songs where U2 still brings it on a night-to-night basis, no matter what.

Is NSW still in Europe? If so, someone needs to photoshop a picture of him in some sort of sissy French beret.

I'm going to Public Enemies in a few. So there and stuff.

Is NSW still in Europe? If so, someone needs to photoshop a picture of him in some sort of sissy French beret.

He is. I believe he's leaving after the two Paris shows, though I'm not certain.

NSW ->
french-beret.jpg

As I've said before, there are four staples they need to play every night: New Year's Day, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, and Until the End of the World.

That would make me happy, although I've seen total insane-os other people wish they'd drop Streets. I am bummed they appear to have dropped NYD, but oh well.

Hey Cori, what do you know about the UK pop band The Saturdays?

I have MP3s of their album "Chasing Lights," but there's only one song that I can name off the top of my head that I love, and that's "Lies."

I have MP3s of their album "Chasing Lights," but there's only one song that I can name off the top of my head that I love, and that's "Lies."

Word. Their singles are awesome, too. If This Is Love, Up (my personal favorite Saturdays jam), Issues, etc.

I think they are absolutely adorable and five very sweet and talented young girls. Not unlike another band that you may or may not know about.

I only have the Brokeback Mtn. cowboy hat photo. I don't know how to photoshop the beret into photos...

They have movies in Utah? Who woulda thunkit?

Hope you're having a good time Diemen. Sad to say, I finally had to change one of your scenic desktop photos to a U2360 one.

Attachments

• The Claw - Rainbow.jpg
    The Claw - Rainbow.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 20
Is there a humongous version of that picture, Lila? If so, I may have to change my desktop photo as well...

Very cool pics, thanks for the link. Still looks good stretched to 1920x1200.

OH MY GOD.

So I'm watching the Suze Orman show, and in the "Can I Afford It" segment, a 44 year old guy named Milton just called and said he wanted to go see 4 U2 concerts (about $2,000). He's already seen them 36 times, 9 times on the last tour.

He was denied, and she looked and sounded pretty damned appalled.

It was awesome. :lol: Do we know anyone on this site named Milton?

Hi, RavenBlue!

I quite enjoyed it.. and may head out that way eventually.. to save up money. But I want to make sure we can get jobs first since the ecomonic downturn. Aww.. crap. I have had two and a half Rickards and I'm buzzed. Slow down RB, slow down.

Anyway, yea. I enjoyed it. We went for a drive through the Icefield Parkway and Banff and the like. What a place.

Holy crap - a guy I know at work just posted on his Facebook that his wife gave birth in the car on the freeway on the way to the hospital. Yikes!

Yellowstone is amazing - I want to go back and spend more time there. I'd even consider camping to see more of it. I only saw it once when I drove through it on a road trip.

Diemen, have you been to Glacier National Park? That's another one on my list.

I've been to yellowstone once before but only spent a day there. I'll be spending two nights in the Tetons and three in yellowstone, but i'm actually with my sister's family in a rented rv (8mpg woooo!), so I'm not as autonomous as I'd like to be as far as exploring goes, but it should still be a fun trip. Would be even better if the mosquitos weren't so damn persistent.

I've never been to Glacier, but it is definitely on my list - I've seen some pretty incredible pics from there, and it seems like a good hiking/camping park.

Popmofo, I have a soft spot in my heart for Utah, if only for the state/national parks. Only been to Zion and Bryce Canyon so far, but both are amazing. canyonlands and arches are on my list for next trip out that way.

Next time my parents hit the national parks in Utah (they love it out there), I might join them. We'll see.

*sigh* Last day of my vacation. :sad:

Huh, my local "adult alternative" radio station is playing Crazy Tonight. First I've heard it on the radio - although I haven't listened to much radio lately.

In other radio excitement, the weekday morning DJ on KEXP (non-commercial, actual "alternative" radio) continues to play the occasional U2 song. I heard "Seconds" last week. This pleases me greatly. I can only imagine the scathing hate emails he gets for daring to play U2 on the oh-so-indie station.

The Blackberry commercial played before the movie I saw today, and I actually kind of dug the instrumentation to this one as opposed to the album cut. Maybe because I could actually hear what Boner was spewing out.

Either way, Cori, get rid of the Seaward.

Maybe someone'll put it in my brownie.

Hey, Mysterious Ways got played today. Full band, I think? And no girl onstage, which = yay. But no Edge solo at the end either, which is bad, although maybe that would lead to girls onstage, which I am fine with being "dropped," as it were.

.... oh my god, is Bono okay?

UPI10.jpg

I don't think he's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom