Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Breathe
2. No Line on the Horizon
3. Get on Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day / Here Comes the Sun (snippet)
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Moving on Up (snippet)
7. Desire / Billie Jean (snippet) / Don't Stop Till You Get Enough (snippet)
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of [acoustic]
9. Electrical Storm
10. Unknown Caller
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. City of Blinding Lights
13. Vertigo

The remix is way better, he's dead on with that one.

Actually seeing it live would admittedly be more "fun" than the album version, but just listening to the performances of that "remix" version on speakers or headphones is painful. It could end up cool, and maybe is already improved, but that one video I watched was a mess.

Speaking of Electrical Storm, please let me post what that piece of garbage NSW wrote me in response to me asking him if he soiled himself during Ultraviolet, Unforgettable Fire, and Electrical Storm:

Ultraviolet made me smile, and so did Electrical Storm. That sounds like it's not a big deal but it was. UF, however, is a lot more impactful. I've heard it 3x now and it resonates more each time. At this point, I'd go to see them just to hear that song....been listening to it for 25 years now, you know? And while ASOH is my #1, UF is top 10 with ease, top 5 depending on my mood....so, getting to hear it is beyond special. Watch them stop playing it in the States.

In case there is interference debate, the Crazy Tonight remix >>>>>>>> the album version, and I like the album version.

They "made him smile"? Remix is better? In summary, any hate of NSW for being at these shows is completely justified.

What a fucking douchebag. :down:

It is only the 4th show of the tour but, I agree, if they keep up that trend it will be disappointing.

I should amend this. It wouldn't be disappointing for me, personally. Hell...I'm not even at these shows. Maybe when they get to Chicago they'll start tossing a bunch of crazy shit in the set list. I guess it's just unfortunate for all the crazies in the tour forum who live their whole lives to see a ZOMG! SURPRIZE! in the set list.

Also, this show isn't even over yet. They could bust out Bad or something in one of the encores.

It pleases me to know NSW is getting copies of shows he's already seen, so he can't brag too much when he returns. :wink:

UF is top 10 with ease, top 5 depending on my mood....so, getting to hear it is beyond special. Watch them stop playing it in the States.

They "made him smile"? Remix is better? In summary, any hate of NSW for being at these shows is completely justified.

I hate him for suggesting UF might not be played in the States. We don't need that kind of thing floating around in the ethers, making its way into Bono's dreams at night. :angry:

I've heard comments from several people who have heard the Crazy remix in person, and they said the tinny little videos do not do it justice, that in person it was super fantastico awesome, crazy energy. So, yay.

The rainforest, I am pleased to report, was beautiful. And wet.

I also just realized they haven't been doing Mysterious Ways. I'm completely and utterly fine with that. And also a little pleased about it.

:lol: I dunno, why were you guys using them all day?

I'll unspoil it in fewer words: YAY, MYSTERIOUS WAYS HAS DISAPPEARED!

I like that in here, there might be a comment or two expressing mild disappointment over the setlist variation and lack thereof, but it doesn't go on for 18 pages.

I'm thankful for this thread. It's nice only glancing at threads over there and finding the willpower to not get sucked into pages and pages of whining. :)

Okay, now I'm tired. I've been driving all over the damn penninsula today. Cori out!

A majority of the 360 forum has devolved into people complaining about setlists and then people complaining about people complaining about the setlists.

I fall into the former category, but I rarely get involved over there because everyone's nuts.

A majority of the 360 forum has devolved into people complaining about setlists and then people complaining about people complaining about the setlists.

I fall into the former category, but I rarely get involved over there because everyone's nuts.

Not only that, but it makes no sense to hang out in a setlist thread and complain about the setlists, because you know they will hardly change anyway, so what's the point...

This whole "theater" thing is pissing me off, too. MacPhisto was theater. Bono putting on a hat or a shiny jacket is not theater. U2 hasn't done theater since ZooTV.

This whole "theater" thing is pissing me off, too. MacPhisto was theater. Bono putting on a hat or a shiny jacket is not theater. U2 hasn't done theater since ZooTV.

Again, people are dumb.

Bono putting on an LCD jacket is hilarious.

There's "theater" in this tour?

I've only seen a few still pictures of the jacket, and in pictures it looks awfully keen.

One of the two 7/2 Milan recordings is apparently a stellar recording. I may have to finally give in and listen to a show.

There's "theater" in this tour?

I've only seen a few still pictures of the jacket, and in pictures it looks awfully keen.

One of the two 7/2 Milan recordings is apparently a stellar recording. I may have to finally give in and listen to a show.

Let me know which one it is. I don't want to download every show on the tour.

Does it sustain you?

I thrive off of it.

They stop the show halfway through so Larry can do a 10-minute interpretive dance number set to "Hello" by Lionel Ritchie...

So Larry is responsible for this?

lionel11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom