Shuttlecock VII: Journeys to The Edge of the catwalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous. I should have made more of an effort to get to night 1. It was the guys I'm going with that picked night 2.

...and damn that was a long drive. I've made it several times before, but it was too exhausting this time.
I'm flying from now on. (I mainly drove so I can hit Vegas on the way home)

I can only assume cori is pretty stoked with her last-minute decision to splurge on her trip!

Has Axver confirmed this? I feel like I've seen it pop up more recently than that.

You're thinking of snippets of IGC, which have been done at Arizona shows since the first leg of Elevation - except, oddly enough, for 360, when IGC was snippeted in Las Vegas and Pasadena but not Phoenix.

The only time IGC has been performed in Arizona between 1987 and today was on 23 November 2001 (which was then followed by performances in Dallas and Miami, so maybe it might crop up elsewhere this time too).

we're talking delightfully sloppy with crazy dude from the audience playing guitar badly and everyone having fun

But the full band were indeed playing.

Directly in front of me.

I had the douche-baggiest seats of my life, and it was glorious.

I had the douche-baggiest seats of my life, and it was glorious.

You did! I was on the aisle so I ran down close when they were on the b stage. I could see the band and you on the other side of the band. So cool.

The new songs sounded amazing - better than many of the old ones, I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's still pretty damn cool. Which is more than can be said for the bloke they got from the crowd who seemed unhinged, but, all in all that looks like good fun and I wasn't there anyways.

The fact that no two sets have been the same is pretty cool. I'm enjoying following this tour so far.

I randomly remembered U23D for some reason just now. I have to say, I do recall really loving the acoustic version of Yahweh at the end of that. Not that I ever want them to play that song again but that was U2 doing acoustic well. Muuuuuuch better than the album version.

Ax didn't we see U23D like three times together? With mysterious_jen and cin?

I randomly remembered U23D for some reason just now. I have to say, I do recall really loving the acoustic version of Yahweh at the end of that. Not that I ever want them to play that song again but that was U2 doing acoustic well. Muuuuuuch better than the album version.

The only thing I really remember from U23D was that the sound was incredible. The detail and the fact that they didn't mix out things like Bono beating his chest made it way better.

Hah that's right. I don't know why on earth I saw it multiple times, especially since the 3D didn't actually work with my shitty eyes so all I got with the glasses on was U2 2D. I don't remember much of note outside of The Fly.

Best part of In God's Country was when the dude finished hugging Adam and started to head to Larry and Adam corralled him and walked him the other way, I'm sure Adam whispered "If you don't want Larry to punch you in the face, don't go near him".

No offense to those who were there, but In God's Country without the electric guitar is pretty worthless.

I am more excited that they were willing to try it - opens up the possibility that they will play different songs throughout the tour.

The guy annoying Bono reminded me of the Bank Robbers playing ISHF on the Vertigo tour. Bono tried to get them off stage multiple times without success. Larry just kept playing.

There's a line between being excited and being a flog (no offence to joyful et al if you know him!)

Hah that's right. I don't know why on earth I saw it multiple times, especially since the 3D didn't actually work with my shitty eyes so all I got with the glasses on was U2 2D. I don't remember much of note outside of The Fly.

Yeah I don't remember anything aside from The Fly, which fucking ruled, and Yahweh. Jen thought it was cute that we both were rocking out in our seats to former.

There's a line between being excited and being a flog (no offence to joyful et al if you know him!)

Hell no I don't know him. They should have gotten him off the stage immediately but it was still entertaining. Of course we'd all have preferred a better performance of that song but what can you do. It was a risk, they went for it, and I'm glad they did.

No offense to whomever this applies, but wet blankets are boring as hell.

The new songs sounded amazing - better than many of the old ones, I thought.

For as much as I know some here have said they don't care for Iris or Sonf for Someone, I thought both were fantastic live.

Miracle was even more rocking than I expected, I really wish the album version would have been that guitar centric.

Cedarwood Road is probably my fav song from the album, it was everything I'd hoped it would be and more live. So great.

Raised by Wolves was really cool too, and it admittedly is a song I sometimes can be a little annoyed by on the album.

Though I certainly would have preferred an electric version, I even thought Every Breaking Wave sounded great.

I didn't even think they were actually playing Invisible until they magically appeared in the screen.

Agree with every bit of that, mofo!

I like Raised by Wolves ok
except for the part where he sings "raised by wolves"

That whole Ireland section was freaking amazing.

Instead of hoping for them to pull out more old songs, I find myself focusing much more on the new songs today because that's clearly where their heart and passion is right now and it damn sure shows, although I will also say that WOWY sounded better last night than on the last tour.

Streets and Bad were both kinda weak for me. I can't believe I just said that but the old stuff just paled in comparison to how great the new songs sounded. Iris in particular was a huge surprise in how gorgeous it was. Cedarwood I fully expected to love but it exceeded expectations brilliantly.

I'm excited to see the Cedarwood Road thing on the screens. I'm thinking I want to be back far enough I'm GA to see the what's going on.

We probably won't get there early anyways to get a close spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom