Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first concert was The Monkees, on their big "comeback" tour after MTV created their big resurgence.

It was the summer after 7th grade, and my mom took me to see them at the Wisconsin State Fair. I was in heaven.

It was the summer after 7th grade, and my mom took me to see them at the Wisconsin State Fair. I was in heaven.

GC%20Steer%20WI%20State%20Fair.jpg

Is that you second from the left? The Dairy Princess?

my first "real" concert was R.E.M.

Radiohead opened.

so suck it.

though i'm told i did see John Denver in utero.

i also want to thank that hip-hop thread for reminding me that i was into MC Solaar for a brief time in high school, and i'm glad to remake his acquaintance.

I think my first concert was more embarrasing looking back now. :silent: And the guy is dead now too. Hey I was 14! :shifty: So to make amends, I made sure Maddy's first show was not an embarrassment at any point in her life: Paul McCartney. :D

My three regular concerts were The Who and Springsteen twice, so it's hard to argue with that. I have seen Smashmouth in concert, but that was because they played after a Pirates game in Pittsburgh, so I was already there. Kind of nice to experience the hit songs of elementary school again. I still know all the lyrics to "All Star." Everyone does.

whichever Richard prefers ... i'll be right here waiting.

I really deserve an assist for that one.

I have seen Smashmouth in concert, but that was because they played after a Pirates game in Pittsburgh, so I was already there. Kind of nice to experience the hit songs of elementary school again. I still know all the lyrics to "All Star." Everyone does.

Hey now, you're a douchebag!

Scumbo and Laz, are you two going to do DI6? Both me and YLB demand this of you. Impy probably does too.

Yeah, I guess that's the Cliff's Notes version of it.

I slept in until 8:30 this morning - that's super late for me. Then I went to Target and dropped way too much money. It was mostly stuff I needed, but still. Yikes.

I looooooove when choir is done for the season, and I have my Saturday mornings back again. :drool:

Yeah, I guess that's the Cliff's Notes version of it.

Which is never as good as the real thing. I'll guess that it included some combination of your baseball pong game, Cope, and you looking like a fucking ridiculous idiot.

I slept in until noon, but then again, I passed out drunk in my bed at 1 AM last night. My timing's a little more apt than Impy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom