Shitterton, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, what fun times. :slant: Hope the tension blows over quickly.

God, that sounds a lot like with how things were for me on the verge of my ast year of school. I don't know what advice to give you except that it's hopefully only one more year. And even that is hard to take, because that can seem like the longest eternity.

I'm not all that worried about it, really. We love each other, and things will eventually get better, whether it be 5 days from now or 10. I've been down through this with them literally hundreds of times, but it still bothers me. And it probably should.

Regardless, this doesn't have shit on fall 2005, when the whole family was literally one fight away from a split for about a month straight. That was really scary.

I'm not all that worried about it, really. We love each other, and things will eventually get better, whether it be 5 days from now or 10. I've been down through this with them literally hundreds of times, but it still bothers me. And it probably should.

Regardless, this doesn't have shit on fall 2005, when the whole family was literally one fight away from a split for about a month straight. That was really scary.

Well I am certainly glad you have the right attitude about it. Sometimes its hard to see things getting better, but you seem to be quite alright.

I hate the idea of families splitting, it's so hard.

I never really got into the bug catching, but I got a good number of Poe spirits

The bugs are so pretty. I liked catching bugs as a child, so it appeals to me. I caught them all.
I never got into the Poe thing. We'd really own up a joint effort file, wouldn't we? :hmm:

See, this is why I'm glad I'm on Cymbalta. Without it, I get so irritable that my dad and I would fight all the time over the stupidest stuff.

Families suck. We should all just be raised by robots.

The bugs are so pretty. I liked catching bugs as a child, so it appeals to me. I caught them all.
I never got into the Poe thing. We'd really own up a joint effort file, wouldn't we? :hmm:

:lol: well I don't know about that. I rarely if ever get even 90% completions on games XD. Though Jak and Daxter :scream: I had NINETY NINE Percent completion on that, had beat the game, was going to see the super important cut scene that explained J&D 2, adn then my step dad erased my game to free up space for one of his :scream:

Oddly enough, my family splitting is probably one of the best things that's happened to me. It's a good thing that my father and I are separated by the Tasman Sea. My teenage years would've been hell if I'd had to spend more than a couple of weeks a year with him.

Well I am certainly glad you have the right attitude about it. Sometimes its hard to see things getting better, but you seem to be quite alright.

Yeah, you kind of have to find the right perspective at some point, or you would just lose it completely. Compared to some past issue, this is nothing. I'm just lying low for a while is all. Let's just say that my sharp wit will not help matters for quite some time. :wink:

:lol: well I don't know about that. I rarely if ever get even 90% completions on games XD. Though Jak and Daxter :scream: I had NINETY NINE Percent completion on that, had beat the game, was going to see the super important cut scene that explained J&D 2, adn then my step dad erased my game to free up space for one of his :scream:
Hence why I said a joint effort. I almost always complete every game I play, so even if you gave up, I'd go and own it up.
And when it comes to FF, you'd never have a problem again with my compulsive leveling. :drool:

Oddly enough, my family splitting is probably one of the best things that's happened to me. It's a good thing that my father and I are separated by the Tasman Sea. My teenage years would've been hell if I'd had to spend more than a couple of weeks a year with him.

Long divorce proceeds ftl is all I can really say about that for me.

Hence why I said a joint effort. I almost always complete every game I play, so even if you gave up, I'd go and own it up.
And when it comes to FF, you'd never have a problem again with my compulsive leveling. :drool:

hee hee. The few times I've attempted a joint venture I've always felt like such a loser because I do little to NONE of the work XD

See, this is where I agree.
Yes, a lot of the crap that has gone wrong in my life is a direct result of my dad leaving, after living with him for a couple years now and knowing what it's like, I would've gone insane if he hadn't left.

Long divorce proceeds ftl is all I can really say about that for me.

I was bloody lucky that both of my parents don't have the patience to arse around with a long or bitter process and were quite happy to get things out of the way as swiftly and amicably as possible.

I've noticed one thing about my close family: we don't seem to do marriages very well (most haven't lasted), but we at least get divorces done amicably!

hee hee. The few times I've attempted a joint venture I've always felt like such a loser because I do little to NONE of the work XD

That's what happens when people do joint files with me. I wind up doing most of the work - not out of the partner not wanting to, but out of my compulsiveness to have everything right. :lol:

I go seriously batshit insane on FF games. A lot of people just can't believe how good I am at it. Emerald and Ruby Weapon arse kicking in FF7 ftw. :drool:

I don't feel that way about my father, but we definitely are going in different directions in certain areas. There are certainly things that I love about him and wish to one day be able to boast about for myself, but other things are infuriating. Furthermore, we're two entirely different people, jammed into a house together, so tensions are unsurprising.

I don't feel that way about my father, but we definitely are going in different directions in certain areas. There are certainly things that I love about him and wish to one day be able to boast about for myself, but other things are infuriating. Furthermore, we're two entirely different people, jammed into a house together, so tensions are unsurprising.

Honestly, I think the problem my father and I have is that we're just too much alike, and too often there's only room for one of us. Especially if we happen to disagree - if you think I can be stubborn, you haven't met my father, and he always has this attitude of "I'm your father and I'm older, so I have to be right." It doesn't help that I've never really forgiven him for leaving Mum. Sure, I've been better off not living with him, but the first few years after he left were very economically difficult on Mum and I resent that a lot. Nobody fucks with my mother. Nobody.

I don't know what's happening with my dad and I anymore, I hardly see him. I don't go to his house, I just...I don't know.

Honestly, I think the problem my father and I have is that we're just too much alike, and too often there's only room for one of us. Especially if we happen to disagree - if you think I can be stubborn, you haven't met my father, and he always has this attitude of "I'm your father and I'm older, so I have to be right." It doesn't help that I've never really forgiven him for leaving Mum. Sure, I've been better off not living with him, but the first few years after he left were very economically difficult on Mum and I resent that a lot. Nobody fucks with my mother. Nobody.
Sometimes you can't make it on your own, Ax's dad.

It's interesting...I never seem to be able to keep things in order with both of my parents at the same time. Either I'm battling with one or the other, and that's very tiring. However, it's also pretty comforting because the other is always going to be there for me. You can tell it's pretty divided here, and that's because the three of us couldn't be any different if we tried. I can't remember the last time we all agreed on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom