Random Music Talk LXXXIX: This, That, and The Other Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent about $45 and drew on my clothes going as Big Papi for a Halloween party last night. No one got it and it was poorly received. So I just drank heavily.

Heh, thankfully I am self-aware enough not to have done something stupid like that. Unlike my friend who went as the Fresh Prince complete with blackface.

I'd like to tell you guys a story:

Toledo was just another good stop
Along the good king's highway
My fortification took me by surprise
And hit me, sending me sideways
Spellbound, roundly, good for sunshine
Can't help thinking

Singing the rule Britannia
And this is where it grabs you
There's method in the key of C
Toledo's got to be the silver city in this good country

Our song, it gives us a reason
Our song, that good remedy
Music has magic
That stuff of syncopation

Ever tried driving it to golden heights, just simply jiving it
My mystification it got a jewel sky crazy spacing it
Hot sun, crowded screams high voices
Singing speechless

Touching of the healing heart
So this is where we really start
Music is a shout of foregone conclusions
As long as music plays it's part, good good part

Our song, it gives us a reason
Our song, that good remedy
Music and magic
It's good clear syncopation

Treat it good, treat it rightly
And if you get it flowing
The harmony is glowing
So get ready, so get ready

Don't go Toledo, Toledo don't go
Music, good to you
Music, good to you

I don't even know where this goes (TV? Movie? Music?) so since its random and about music..

Really enjoyed TLC's biopic CrazySexyCool, finally got around to watching it.

Yeah, the story's been told a few times but the casting was excellent and the recreation of the videos was nicely done. Worth a watch for sure if you ever liked their music. :up:

Bitstrips are the worst thing to happen on the internet since Grumppuccino.

vthNlB3.jpg

The worst thing is that a couple of my friends have been on the Bitstrips thing for months, so I was already fed up with it. Now I've got like 20 more people posting them.

My problem with them is that they're almost entirely in jokes, or mental commentary that really only make sense to the OP.

I realize a lot of Facebook statuses are like that as well, but I don't care nearly as much. First, because text doesn't take up half the feed and second because, there is usually at least an attempt to explain the though process in posts like that.

Bitstrips are the worst thing to happen on the internet since Grumppuccino.

I'm sure I'm a lot better off having no idea what this sentence even means. I assume the second has something to do with grumpy cat. But as I am a 75 year old in disguise, I have no idea what these bitstrips things are.

As someone with only the smallest degree of fluency in Spanish, I find these two Bitstrips equally comprehensible:

486219_406707349407751_524994169_n.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-03-11-at-2.17.10-PM-24nm7hd.png

Sadly, there aren't any Bitstrips out there that are any more or less comprehensible than these. They're mostly non sequiturs with awful animation, as handled with people with no concept of non sequitur.

It doesn't seem to matter who makes them. My best friend uses them and I still find them entirely nonsensical. He's a pretty funny guy, normally

I was just out to dinner, and the place was playing a 90s alternative blend. Candlebox, Silverchair, Filter, Soul Asylum, Cracker, etc. I felt like I was back in middle school. The server was opining that Silverchair has actually had a long and varied career. For some reason I have a hard time believing that.

Back
Top Bottom