Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They call themselves that, much like they refer to white people as 'whitefellas.'

White people don't use that term as far as I know.

Although simply a contraction of 'aborigine', 'abo' has always in practice tended to have the casual contempt that the n-word does elsewhere.

Actually, maybe it's an older generation thing, but some white Australians definitely do reach for the 'black fella' tag in conversation.

I can't believe I haven't read the Mandela song thread from start to finish yet. Maybe my thirst for masochism is finally slaked after the McGuinness thread.

Bono Just A Poor Little White Mandela: Sources

Although simply a contraction of 'aborigine', 'abo' has always in practice tended to have the casual contempt that the n-word does elsewhere.

There's a similar contraction of Pakistani used as a slur here and in the UK. Also Japanese. I suppose it's fairly common

You'll be hearing very sparingly, if it all, from me for the next eight days, off on that youth leadership camp I've talked about before. Enjoy the week :wave:

Front cover will be a photo of Thom Yorke taking a shit, with the headline

"Thom Yorke drops his greatest recordings since Kid A"

Finally managed to listen to Ordinary Love. The melody is pretty catchy but there's something missing and Bono's voice is definitely too high in the mix. It's good but I hope for better songs on the album. Otherwise I won't listen to it very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom