post the name and/or cover of an album you find horridly underrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Animals.jpg

magicalmysteytour.jpg

zooropa.jpg

the_flaming_lips-at_war_with_the_mystics.jpg

d79460i6cr4.jpg

:cute:

Please... I don't think ATYCLB is underrated at all. It's pretty much considered U2's third masterpiece and "comeback album" by many!

can't get enough of "the wild, the innocent..."
before bruce went on to write cinematic, storytelling, restrained and solid rock and roll songs...he wrote jazzy, funky, mumble jumble, fluid songs that kicked as much ass as his latter albums
wild.jpg

the critics always disregard Adams for being too "prolific" and his albums always "need pruning and editing"... fuck, they don't know talent when it hits them in the face. Adams released not just one but three solid, great pieces of art all within one year. Each album showed his growth as a songwriter and each one seemed for intense and more honest than anything before. I don't think I ever saw any on a list of best 2005 albums.
jcn.jpg
704796_170x170.jpg
29.jpg

Everyone always talks about Yoshimi (which I very much love) but my personal favorite is :
fl.jpg

weird & solid and sounds just as fresh as when it was first released.

elevation2u said:

Everyone always talks about Yoshimi (which I very much love) but my personal favorite is :
fl.jpg

weird & solid and sounds just as fresh as when it was first released.

:drool:

:reject: Be nice.

6a00b8ea071b9d1bc000c11413f0c3819d-320pi

Once you get past all the stuff that surrounds this record about how they looked/sounded(though I think only the youngest one sounded) like girls and all that kind of thing...that's all bullshit, it has nothing to do with the music. Is this the greatest pop record ever recorded? Of course not. But there are some damn good pop songs here....'Man From Milwaukee', 'Where's The Love', 'Yearbook', 'Madeline', 'Minute Without You', 'I Will Come To You, Weird', and of course, 'MMMBop', among others.

They are GOOD pop songs. IONS above, say, what Justin Timberlake is doing now. And lyrically, don't just judge based on MMMBop(although those lyrics are actually a bit deeper than meets the eye as well...not the chorus though :wink: ). Take these lyrics from 'Weird'...not bad for three 17/15/12(at the time) year old guys:

Sitting on the side waiting for a sign/Hoping that my luck will change
Reaching for a hand that can understand/someone who feels the same
When you live in a cookie cutter world/being different is a sin
So you don't stand out/And you don't fit in/Weird
When you live in a cookie cutter world/if you're different you can't win
So you don't stand out and you don't fit in/Weird
Isn't it strange how we all feel a little bit weird/Strange, how we all get a little bit/Strange, 'cause we're all just a little bit weird sometimes

Ok, I'm done. It's a great pop record. Nothing revolutionary, nothing innovative, but it is MASSIVELY underrated.

namkcuR said:
:reject: Be nice.

6a00b8ea071b9d1bc000c11413f0c3819d-320pi

Once you get past all the stuff that surrounds this record about how they looked/sounded(though I think only the youngest one sounded) like girls and all that kind of thing...that's all bullshit, it has nothing to do with the music. Is this the greatest pop record ever recorded? Of course not. But there are some damn good pop songs here....'Man From Milwaukee', 'Where's The Love', 'Yearbook', 'Madeline', 'Minute Without You', 'I Will Come To You, Weird', and of course, 'MMMBop', among others.

They are GOOD pop songs. IONS above, say, what Justin Timberlake is doing now. And lyrically, don't just judge based on MMMBop(although those lyrics are actually a bit deeper than meets the eye as well...not the chorus though :wink: ). Take these lyrics from 'Weird'...not bad for three 17/15/12(at the time) year old guys:

When you live in a cookie cutter world/being different is a sin
So you don't stand out/And you don't fit in/Weird
When you live in a cookie cutter world/if you're different you can't win
So you don't stand out and you don't fit in/Weird
Isn't it strange how we all feel a little bit weird/Strange, how we all get a little bit/Strange, 'cause we're all just a little bit weird sometimes

Ok, I'm done. It's a great pop record. Nothing revolutionary, nothing innovative, but it is MASSIVELY underrated.

:yikes:

Pop
Embrace - Out of nothing/The Good Will Out/Drawn from memory
Travis - 12 memories/The Invisible band
Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Moby - Everything is wrong
White Stripes - Get behind me Satan
About a boy - Badly Drawn Boy

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:
600px-Smashing_Pumpkins_-_Mellon_Collie_And_The_Infinite_Sadness.jpg

this album is so awesome....but hardly anyone talks about it:shrug:

It's the best selling double album of all-time.

I'm not even kidding.

And the Hanson album being in this thread actually produced real tears from my eyes.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's the best selling double album of all-time.

I'm not even kidding.

really?

wow I would have thought "The Wall" or
even the White album would have that title..:hmm:

namkcuR said:

What kind of tears? :wink:

the same tears from when I was forced to listen to that nonsense 10 years ago.

xaviMF22 said:

really?

wow I would have thought "The Wall" or
even the White album would have that title..:hmm:

Me too! I had to look it up to be sure.

edit: At least it was at one point...

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

the same tears from when I was forced to listen to that nonsense 10 years ago.

It's not nonsense...whatever, different strokes. It's underrated is all I'm saying.

namkcuR said:
It's not nonsense...whatever, different strokes. It's underrated is all I'm saying.

:up:

There's nothing wrong with that album really. It's plain old pop music and like you said there is a lot more out there that's much worse.

The Smashing Pumpkins overtook Frampton Comes Alive and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack?

Man, the part of my brain devoted to music trivia is too far behind the times. :(

Back
Top Bottom