Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too bad, just doing a bit of my own work and listening to too much music. You caught up on 2010 yet? :wink:

I currently have 169 releases from 2010 rated on RYM, though that includes all formats (album, EP, single), and a few wishlisted items that I need to get around to.

Listening to #170 right now. Matador by Zoroaster. Oh this does appeal to the side of me that loves Kyuss. By coincidence, I was cranking Kyuss earlier too!

I actually didn't realise how much it was, I thought I was around 100 or so. At this rate, I'm going to shoot past 200 pretty quickly. :crack:

Sup people.

I have had a great evening.

Read in a library for like two hours which was nice. Saw an old friend. Travis and I bought our first Christmas ornament and I almost cried (aww). Had a great little chicken dinner. And bought the stuff to MAKE a pumpkin pie, which is something I've never done.

Oh, and Travis found me a packet of the Pumpkin Spice pudding you may all remember from last year :lol:

Sup people.

I have had a great evening.

Read in a library for like two hours which was nice. Saw an old friend. Travis and I bought our first Christmas ornament and I almost cried (aww). Had a great little chicken dinner. And bought the stuff to MAKE a pumpkin pie, which is something I've never done.

Oh, and Travis found me a packet of the Pumpkin Spice pudding you may all remember from last year :lol:

My morning = much less entertaining. I've worked productively. I've listened to albums. I was initially troubled by how competent the Gin Blossoms' latest album is until it completely fell apart at the end. I've wondered why I haven't raved more about Film School's album. Not too shabby really, except that Alpine just pulled out of tonight's gig due to illness, damn.

I ... think I remember that pudding?

One of my fish just died. :(

We knew it was coming though. All of my fish have lived well past their average age (they're meant to live 2-3 years but are now closer to being 4) and we'd actually thought he was dead a couple of days ago, only to find he was amazingly still alive. Looks like he just died peacefully of old age in his favourite part of the tank.

Down to four now, and one of them seems to be just about to go too. But the other three seem quite healthy.

Aw, sorry to hear you've lost a fish... :( :hug: He had a good run.

Trivia time...

I can't remember if I've gone past Poowong or not... :hmm:

It's a bit off the main road from Koo Wee Rup to Leongatha, so maybe not? About halfway between Nyora and Strzelecki.

Aw, sorry to hear you've lost a fish... :( :hug: He had a good run.

Yeah, the fish have done surprisingly well for themselves. The other sick one was still alive this morning, he was just resting at the bottom of the tank, but now he's gone and moved and I can't find him. He's proven himself spectacularly good at wedging himself in all kinds of hard-to-find places in the stones.

Are you going to any U2 Australia shows Ax?

I think I asked this before.. my bAD

Think you might've? Not sure. At any rate, I'm just doing the two here in Melbourne. Some of the other folk here are doing more.

My morning = much less entertaining. I've worked productively. I've listened to albums. I was initially troubled by how competent the Gin Blossoms' latest album is until it completely fell apart at the end. I've wondered why I haven't raved more about Film School's album. Not too shabby really, except that Alpine just pulled out of tonight's gig due to illness, damn.

I ... think I remember that pudding?

You listened to a Gin Blossom's album? even I wouldn't...no...maybe I would...but still.

The one I reviewed on Amazon. Because I so very much felt like I had to share my qualms with this pudding with the world.

Ah, Victoria. Never run out of unfortunately-named geography. :lmao:

Hello, all :wave:

I was trying to explain to my fiance the time difference this morning

Heh. We're 15 hours ahead of you right now, I think?

So Wide Awake in Europe is Mercy right? But the new Mercy, therefore my interest has plummeted. Then I heard it was vinyl, so a bit more interest. Hmm

Yeah, Mercy's the a-side of WAIE, and Crazy Tonight and MOS are the b-sides. It's limited to 5,000 copies, so getting one could be a bit tough ...!

Hey Reggo! How's tricks?

Mildly qwesome. (It's ancient superthread meme revival day. certainly not typo day. nope...:uhoh:) I played around with google typing in weird music genres and writing down the first album it suggested. Half of them, I'm sure I made up, but whatev. So I'm going to search Grooveshark and see what has come of Random Google Genre Generator.

You?

Bah. I ordered a Liverpool soccer jersey and another shirt from their website, the tracking number says "Delivery arranged no details expected"

That was on the 5th of November. It's made its way to Australia, but not to my house. Grr!

Math Rock is a music genre. Better: The album's title is "For Respect". I think I might listen to this one first :nerd: Then The Bats.

Hmm. I was hoping math rock would be more interesting than this. I swear to God the first three songs have been the same melody on repeat with little drum variations here and there. Well, onto the Bats or some Melodic Scandinavian Death Metal. :hmm:

Went for the Melodic Scandinavian Death Metal. I smell a candidate for HMH.

ETA: Wait, it's supposed to sound all lo-fi on the first track. Never mind. Second track has started and it's quite good. Even if I can't understand the Norwegian death growls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom