Plock, Poland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This album was pretty fantastic, I might listen to it again after I suffer through UR A WMN NOW

ANNA!

Hey Ashley!! Long time no see! I've been away lately, too much going on right now. I'm finally settling down in NYC now...

Hey Ashley. Long time no see! I've been away lately, too much going on right now. I'm finally settling down in NYC now...

Good to hear.

God, 9 days til I go back to school. This is going to be a busy fucking month.

Guys!! I've been pretty good, thanks ax. Sick a lot recently. And now I can smell Chinese food. I wish the Chinese neighbours would offer me food. Like, right now.
:drool:

How are you? Recovered from the trip?
:hug:

How is everyone else also doing?

How was Lolla?

Damn about school! :|

It was AMAZING. Oh my God. The Killers were fantastic as always, Travis won't leave me alone about how I shed all kinds of tears of joy over them coming onstage....to "Human" lol. Then there was some surprises like this band Friendly Fires, they were a sight, I tell you, the lead singer danced through the entire set pretty myuch, even though it was 90+ outside. Dan Deacon was just crazy, Lou Reed was fucking insane. Neko Case was kind of adorable, Bat For Lashes really need to perform at night but were still great, and Passion Pit broke my heart by not playing Swimming in the Floodl

OH and we met MIA :D.

I'm glad about school, honestly. My life requires distraction, and my friends and work are there, so I'm ready to go back.

It was AMAZING. Oh my God. The Killers were fantastic as always, Travis won't leave me alone about how I shed all kinds of tears of joy over them coming onstage....to "Human" lol. Then there was some surprises like this band Friendly Fires, they were a sight, I tell you, the lead singer danced through the entire set pretty myuch, even though it was 90+ outside. Dan Deacon was just crazy, Lou Reed was fucking insane. Neko Case was kind of adorable, Bat For Lashes really need to perform at night but were still great, and Passion Pit broke my heart by not playing Swimming in the Floodl

OH and we met MIA :D.

I'm glad about school, honestly. My life requires distraction, and my friends and work are there, so I'm ready to go back.

Wow, sounds like it was fun! I would love to see Lou Reed live... I was going to see Dan Deacon + No Age here a couple of weeks ago, but it rained and I gave up. Sorry to hear about Passion Pit not playing Swimming in the Flood - it's a great song! How are they live? They are opening for Phoenix here in September, I'm curious to see how it goes.

I'm glad you are positive about going back to school!!! It makes sense if your friends are there.

Wow, sounds like it was fun! I would love to see Lou Reed live... I was going to see Dan Deacon + No Age here a couple of weeks ago, but it rained and I gave up. Sorry to hear about Passion Pit not playing Swimming in the Flood - it's a great song! How are they live? They are opening for Phoenix here in September, I'm curious to see how it goes.

I'm glad you are positive about going back to school!!! It makes sense if your friends are there.

Dan Deacon is a GREAT live performer, he's batshit though. Passion Pit AND Phoenix? Excellent. Passion Pit are pretty good live. Far better than I expected, but if the lolla gig was any indication, expect a lot of material from the EP. That pissed me off to no end.

yeah, this semester I have some exciting prospects going on. Specifically, I'll KIND OF be working for the MTN network, which airs our sporting events.

Dan Deacon is a GREAT live performer, he's batshit though. Passion Pit AND Phoenix? Excellent. Passion Pit are pretty good live. Far better than I expected, but if the lolla gig was any indication, expect a lot of material from the EP. That pissed me off to no end.

yeah, this semester I have some exciting prospects going on. Specifically, I'll KIND OF be working for the MTN network, which airs our sporting events.

Oh, I would really like to hear Manners in its entirety live! I can live with stuff from the EP, I guess. I'm looking forward to the concert, which is actually the day after the 2 U2 shows here.

Edit: Oh, and cool thing about the sporting network! What are you going to do there?

A superthread going relatively quickly.... does that mean Ax is back from Europe??

Oh hey, sorry, I died for a bit there.

And RENATO! :wave:

Yes, I'm back from Europe. :sigh:

Oh hey, sorry, I died for a bit there.

And RENATO! :wave:

Yes, I'm back from Europe. :sigh:

Hey Ax! Great to see you around. I'm not going to ask the all too broad question " so, how did it go!" , but I'd be curious to hear what you thought of the trip!

Hey Ax! Great to see you around. I'm not going to ask the all too broad question " so, how did it go!" , but I'd be curious to hear what you thought of the trip!

Well, I don't know how you brought yourself to leave Geneva. Switzerland/Liechtenstein was my favourite destination of the lot. Absolutely loved it there and I'm already talking about going back, for much longer. I want to see Zurich properly, for one thing, and the south of the country.

Oh, I would really like to hear Manners in its entirety live! I can live with stuff from the EP, I guess. I'm looking forward to the concert, which is actually the day after the 2 U2 shows here.

Edit: Oh, and cool thing about the sporting network! What are you going to do there?

yeah, that killed me. This group Friendly Fires played all of their debut album but one song, which they replaced with their new single, and they had other material and an EP as well. I'd just as soon NOT had any EP material from Passion Pit.

The sports network stuff is two-fold. Last year, I worked as a utility and some camera work for two of the networks that air our football games, and I hope to do that again this year. The other part is, this year I'll be in a class which is entirely based on the 10 or 12 of us putting together a wrap show that revolves around fall sports at TCU. This show will be aired on the MTN network, and we'll get full credit for it. It's an amazing opportunity.

Well, I don't know how you brought yourself to leave Geneva. Switzerland/Liechtenstein was my favourite destination of the lot. Absolutely loved it there and I'm already talking about going back, for much longer. I want to see Zurich properly, for one thing, and the south of the country.

Haha, to be honest we have been posing ourselves the same question here. Geneva is a lovely place, great quality of life and truly beautiful. I guess it was wearing off for me after 5 years. But I have plans to go back eventually, who knows. But I'm glad you liked it. Did you have time to visit the UN there?

I don't know Zurich very well, I've only been there a few times and never for more than two days. But it does feel like a fun city (at least in comparison to Geneva).

You better believe it!

That is amazing in some many ways. They better play it in America or else I will hunt them down!

Haha, to be honest we have been posing ourselves the same question here. Geneva is a lovely place, great quality of life and truly beautiful. I guess it was wearing off for me after 5 years. But I have plans to go back eventually, who knows. But I'm glad you liked it. Did you have time to visit the UN there?

I don't know Zurich very well, I've only been there a few times and never for more than two days. But it does feel like a fun city (at least in comparison to Geneva).

Yeah, I was quite conscious while I was travelling that, you know, you have a bias as a traveller and tend to view things in an inherently over-positive manner. You don't really get to know a place until you've lived there and the traveller's bias subsides. That's certainly happened to me before. Coming home, Australia honestly feels a bit backwards and crap, and I'm starting to wonder if I need some time overseas both to realise it's not all it's cracked up in my mind to be, and to fall in love with living in Melbourne again. I used to rag on New Zealand, you know. It wasn't until I didn't go home for three years that I realised how much I missed it and liked it.

Didn't have time to hit the UN, unfortunately. The few days we had weren't even remotely enough. Everywhere I went, I felt I didn't have enough time, but that was especially so in Switzerland. And Liechtenstein was great! I'm really glad we went there. Lovely little country.

yeah, that killed me. This group Friendly Fires played all of their debut album but one song, which they replaced with their new single, and they had other material and an EP as well. I'd just as soon NOT had any EP material from Passion Pit.

The sports network stuff is two-fold. Last year, I worked as a utility and some camera work for two of the networks that air our football games, and I hope to do that again this year. The other part is, this year I'll be in a class which is entirely based on the 10 or 12 of us putting together a wrap show that revolves around fall sports at TCU. This show will be aired on the MTN network, and we'll get full credit for it. It's an amazing opportunity.

Yeah, I don't know their EP very well. Maybe I should start listening... They should play the whole thing, like the Pixies are doing with Doolittle.

Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity indeed! I didn't know you were doing something related to TV/production (which I know next to nothing about!). Let us know when the show is on the air so that we can illegally download watch it

Yeah, I don't know their EP very well. Maybe I should start listening... They should play the whole thing, like the Pixies are doing with Doolittle.

Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity indeed! I didn't know you were doing something related to TV/production (which I know next to nothing about!). Let us know when the show is on the air so that we can illegally download watch it

I listened to the EP ONCE so, I knew not a damn thing.

I'm going to college for film and television. At the beginning my interest was soley in Film, but now, I really want to work in live television, and specifically, sports. I plan on recording every episode and forcing you all to watch it sharing it with anyone who's interested.

Yeah, I was quite conscious while I was travelling that, you know, you have a bias as a traveller and tend to view things in an inherently over-positive manner. You don't really get to know a place until you've lived there and the traveller's bias subsides. That's certainly happened to me before. Coming home, Australia honestly feels a bit backwards and crap, and I'm starting to wonder if I need some time overseas both to realise it's not all it's cracked up in my mind to be, and to fall in love with living in Melbourne again. I used to rag on New Zealand, you know. It wasn't until I didn't go home for three years that I realised how much I missed it and liked it.

Didn't have time to hit the UN, unfortunately. The few days we had weren't even remotely enough. Everywhere I went, I felt I didn't have enough time, but that was especially so in Switzerland. And Liechtenstein was great! I'm really glad we went there. Lovely little country.

That's exactly how I feel now. Although I really like NYC, it made me see lots of good stuff about Geneva that I was taking for granted. Not to mention that after so many years you sort of feel like the place is yours is some funny way. And I never got tired of the scenery there, it's just so perfect. What we got tired of was the cultural life, music scene, etc - although international, Geneva (and more so Switzerland) always felt like a very provincial place. We also quickly fell in a sort of routine of work-home-going to restaurants sometimes-travelling once in a while, but it felt like we needed a bit more of excitement, you know. Now we get all the excitement, but the noise, overcrowding, lack of safety (in comparison) are hard to get used to.

Never been to Liechtenstein, unfortunately. I should plan to go soon then.

I listened to the EP ONCE so, I knew not a damn thing.

I'm going to college for film and television. At the beginning my interest was soley in Film, but now, I really want to work in live television, and specifically, sports. I plan on recording every episode and forcing you all to watch it sharing it with anyone who's interested.

Well, just ordered the EP... better safe than sorry!

Please do make us watch all the shows then! I used to be huge on sports when I was younger, not as much now but I would like to watch it in any case. Hopefully it will also help me understand American sports (baseball has been a challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom