Phophonyane Falls, Swaziland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0,,7105741,00.jpg

0,,7196897,00.jpg

0,,7196900,00.jpg

I didn't take any of these, regrettably, but the lightning last night was probably the most awesome I've ever seen. It started like 100 fires around the state, but none of them amounted to much as far as I know.

The forum's back!

Pearl Jam were pretty good too. Liam Finn was great as always, and joined Pearl Jam for a cover of Throw Your Arms Around Me that was the highlight of the night as far as I was concerned.

Dave showed me these. We can now both sing along to the Billy Mays one.

0,,7105741,00.jpg

0,,7196897,00.jpg

0,,7196900,00.jpg

I didn't take any of these, regrettably, but the lightning last night was probably the most awesome I've ever seen. It started like 100 fires around the state, but none of them amounted to much as far as I know.

As I was being driven to my weekly Friday night tennis it just started drizzling, and then it just got heavy and heavier from there on in so I never actually got to play tennis. :angry:

But the rain is certainly refreshing, will help my burnt lawns turn a nice green again.

Well if you were here it'd be the afternoon, but y'know.
Goodtimes last night?

Yes, well, that's what I get for livin' in the past.

Yeah, it was pretty enjoyable. We had good sound and a nice view from our spot in the stadium ... but god, stadium gigs feel detached. This is the first time I've ever actually seen anybody other than U2 in a stadium. Pearl Jam handled it well - they didn't seem very accustomed to playing such a large venue and Vedder came off as genuinely humbled and interested in the crowd's safety - but I doubt I'll be making stadium gigs a regular thing. It just couldn't compare to being a couple of feet in front of Shayne Carter last week in a room barely able to hold more than a couple of hundred people for Dimmer.

Yes, well, that's what I get for livin' in the past.

Yeah, it was pretty enjoyable. We had good sound and a nice view from our spot in the stadium ... but god, stadium gigs feel detached. This is the first time I've ever actually seen anybody other than U2 in a stadium. Pearl Jam handled it well - they didn't seem very accustomed to playing such a large venue and Vedder came off as genuinely humbled and interested in the crowd's safety - but I doubt I'll be making stadium gigs a regular thing. It just couldn't compare to being a couple of feet in front of Shayne Carter last week in a room barely able to hold more than a couple of hundred people for Dimmer.

Come join the real world yo.

Oh yeah, that's good to hear! I dunno, I've never NOT been front row at a stadium gig. At the front it's all good, but I think further back I wouldn't enjoy it at all and the atmosphere would be lost. Small gigs for the win! :up:

Come join the real world yo.

Oh yeah, that's good to hear! I dunno, I've never NOT been front row at a stadium gig. At the front it's all good, but I think further back I wouldn't enjoy it at all and the atmosphere would be lost. Small gigs for the win! :up:

Even up the front, I find there's a big disconnect at a stadium gig, just because of how large the stage is and how big the gap is between band and audience.

I will say, the 360 stage is effective at making the seats feel more involved. When I did seats in Paris, I definitely felt closer to the action than I did at Pearl Jam, or for that matter at Sound Relief. Still, both are miles from ideal.

I'm not going to say that I hated it or that it ruined the experience for me, but ... it really does feel more distant, much closer to a DVD, than rocking up to a club or theatre.

OK, I better fly. Probably shouldn't have hopped on here at all. :wave:

Nobody? Damn. Well I'll be back in about 5-6 hours, hopefully checked into a Hotel after catching up with a certain somone....again..... :stalker:

this weekend sucks. Sound at the concert was crappy, got in late after being told to queue in the wrong line, saw Clints ex there, U2 thing tonight probably cancelled, douche bag visiting soon with a girl he likes, she's just prick teasing him, halfway thru moving, bad hair, unfortunate shag attempt this morning failed:giggle:, scraped the side of my car last night, now has a ding and green paint all down the side.

I'm off to drink or smoke some weed. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom