Pearl Jam to release rarities double-CD and MSG concert DVD on 11/11/03

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
NEW: September 30, 2003 - Two new Pearl Jam Releases Out November 11, 2003

- A Double-CD Rarities Album entitled Lost Dogs

- A 2-DVD Set Entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden

Seattle, WA -- Pearl Jam will release their much-anticipated rarities and b-sides double album entitled Lost Dogs, as well as a 2- disc DVD of their July 8, 2003 concert performance at Madison Square Garden entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden. Both releases are currently set for November 11, 2003 through Epic Records.

Lost Dogs Rarities/B-sides Double Album
The 2-disc rarities album will include 31 tracks compiled from the band's extensive b-side archives and from various benefit albums and soundtracks. None of the included tracks have been previously featured on any of the band's studio albums. Suggested retail price will be $19.98. The tracklisting is as follows:

Disc One
All Night
Sad
Down
In The Moonlight
Hitchhiker
Don't Gimme No Lip
Alone
Education
"U"
Black, Red, Yellow
Leaving Here
Gremmie Out Of Control
Whale Song
Undone
Hold On
Yellow Ledbetter

Disc Two
Fatal
Other Side
Hard to Imagine
Footsteps
Wash
Dead Man
Strangest Tribe
Drifting
Let Me Sleep
Angel
Last Kiss
Sweet Lew
Dirty Frank
Brother Instrumental
Bee Girl

Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD
The band will also release a 2-disc DVD of their entire July 8th, 2003 Madison Square Garden show. Filmed by Pearl Jam crew members Liz Burns, Steve Gordon, Kevin Shuss and Brandon Vedder. Suggested retail price will be $19.98.

Main show highlights include:

--Performances with Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference"
--Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks on "Sonic Reducer"
--Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks on "Baba O'Riley"

Main show tracklisting includes:
Love Boat Captain
Last Exit
Save You
Green Disease
In My Tree
Cropduster
Even Flow
Gimme Some Truth
I Am Mine
Lowlight
Faithful
Wishlist
Lukin
Grievance
1/2 Full
Black
Spin The Black Circle
RVM
You Are
Thumbing My Way
Daughter (Featuring Ben Harper)
Crown of Thorns
Breath
Betterman
Evolution
Crazy Mary
Indifference (Featuring Ben Harper)
Sonic Reducer (Featuring Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks
Baba O'Riley (Featuring Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks)
Yellow Ledbetter

In addition to the 2 hour and 40 minute performance, there are 30 minutes of bonus features, including:

--A solo performance of "Dead Man" by Ed Vedder;
--A performance of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" in Perth, Australia with Mark Seymour of Hunters and Collectors
--Montage of guest performances, set to the song "Fortunate Son" by Pearl Jam ? includes footage of Johnny Marr, Betchadupa, Cheetah Chrome, Sleater Kinney, Corin Tucker, Mike Tyler, Steve Earle, Jack Irons, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Idlewild, and the Buzzcocks
--A compilation of clips from a number of Bushleaguer" performances on the 2003 Riot Act world tour.
--Matt cam angle on five of the songs
--Band outtakes set to "Down"
--Crew montage set to "All Those Yesterdays"

The rarities CD will make me feel like I've wasted a lot of money on singles and such over the years, but there's a few tracks on it I don't have, so it'll be worth the price.
Was hoping they'd do the 3rd Boston show with the preset as a DVD, but MSG1 was a smoking setlist so it should be good.
Christmas comes 6 weeks early this year.

Wow! :ohmy:

I have quite a collection of PJ singles (basically everything except the Merkingball (sp?) single), but I still have only 9 songs or so on that rarities set. :up:

This weekend I saw that the Boston show and 2 New York shows have also been released on CD (Boston and 9/7 NY are 3CD's while 8/7 NY is 2CD). Boston includes the preset! Oh my wallet hurts, it doesn't want to be empty but the urge... the urge...!

:up:

Marty

Why isn't Leatherman on the CD? I don't think Leatherman was on a studio album.

This CD will be great, because the only studio song I have on there is Last Kiss.

finally!! there was talk on the official site and various places about the rareities album before a release date for riot act was even set.

more money i don't have...

Popmartijn said:
I have quite a collection of PJ singles (basically everything except the Merkingball (sp?) single),
But that's the best one!

Anyway, I have all of the B-sides already, but the eleven or so new tracks are great. It's like a surprise new Pearl Jam album.

I'd have preferred if they had done compilations of unreleased demos and of previously released non-album tracks separately, but this is pretty amazing as it is.

Assorted notes:
- Could've done without "Gremmie Out of Control" and "Dirty Frank," I think, especially since stronger material such as "Happy When I'm Crying" and "Leatherman" are absent.
- Interesting that the moneymakers "Yellow Ledbetter" and "Last Kiss" are on there; I guess we can expect to hear both a bit more often once radio stations catch wind of this. Good way to promote it.
- Anyone who hasn't heard "Undone," "Dead Man," "Strangest Tribe," or "Angel" must get this album. Those songs alone are worth the Hamilton.
- I wonder how much of this will be re-recorded, how much will be live, how many previously released songs will be alternate versions, etc.
- "Let Me Sleep," a Christmas song, is a very strange choice. It's not a very strong tune to begin with, so it's going to be skipped eleven months out of the year.
- What's with the "Brother" instrumental? Eddie's vocal on that song rips, and I can't imagine the song without it. Why not give us an orchestral version of "Spin the Black Circle" while you're at it?
- Other great non-album tracks absent: "Breath," "State of Love and Trust," and "Crazy Mary." Those are all still in print though, so not a big deal, but it'd be nice to have them on a Pearl Jam release.

But that's typical compilation bitching. Overall, wow.

Can't wait for the DVD either, although I was hoping for a Touring Band-ish memoir since the tour's best moments were spread out over a number of shows.

typoon,

Can you list all the PJ songs you know of that could have been on this album but are not. I know about Leatherman, Breath, Crazy Mary, State Of Love And Trust, and Happy When I'm Crying. I can also think of that little thing "Untitled" any think else?

Another thing. Are these four songs, Deadman, Leatherman, Nothingman, and Betterman linked?

STING2 said:
Another thing. Are these four songs, Deadman, Leatherman, Nothingman, and Betterman linked?

I'm no PJ guru, so I'm not totally sure about it. IIRC, apart from all four songs ending with -man and from the fact that Leatherman, Nothingman and Betterman or sometimes played back-to-back in concert (the "Man Trilogy") they are not linked thematically.

C ya!

Marty

STING2 said:
typoon,

Can you list all the PJ songs you know of that could have been on this album but are not. I know about Leatherman, Breath, Crazy Mary, State Of Love And Trust, and Happy When I'm Crying. I can also think of that little thing "Untitled" any think else?

yes...they are linked...
not musically...or thematically really...
although...if you do listen closely...it *does* sound like random thoughts(albeit crazy) kind of pieced together about oneself or a significant other....in fact i believe this oneself/significant other angle is interchanged throughout the "man" quadrilogy. :lmao:
if that's a word. lol :der:
needless to say...i'm floored by so many PJ treats coming out in Nov. :hyper: Top that off with U2 stuff. :hyper:
I'm now in a mission to see them in Seattle live in an all acoustic show in about 3 weeks time. :combust:
This band rocks.:heart:

and for the record... your cd and dvd artwork...
B0000DYJM6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000TG9V0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

So besides these songs:

Leatherman, Breath, Crazy Mary, State Of Love And Trust, Happy When I'm Crying, and Untitled...

Is there any other non-album, original songs by Pearl Jam missing from Lost Dogs?

Any Canadians pick this up? I went to HMV, and Lost Dogs was $28.99. That's simply outrageous, even for a double CD. It's about $40 US.

anitram said:
Any Canadians pick this up? I went to HMV, and Lost Dogs was $28.99. That's simply outrageous, even for a double CD. It's about $40 US.

that is outrageous.
do you know if the dvd has been postponed in Canada?
i couldn't find it anywhere yesterday (i found lost dogs, tho).
you should have pre-ordered the Lost Dogs/MSG dvd package at:
www.pearljamstore.com
even tho that's in US dollars...25 bucks is quite the deal for the both of them together instead of 29 bucks canadian for just Lost Dogs.
29 bucks for Lost Dogs is just :coocoo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom