Paekakariki, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how are we all?

up to much this weekend?
im eating nachos and practicing procrastination of the highest order. :doh:

Not a great deal here ... trying to get some work done and realising that I have a couple of essay topics but no arguments to base my writing on, so I'm still pretty fucking in the dark. Goddamn, I just want to get down to writing, but I think I still need to do loads more research.

You can spend less, but it'll sound like bees raping ants.

$109 is the cost of a Boss SD-1 or DS-1, which are professional level pedals.

That might not necessarily be such a bad thing ...

OK, but names don't tell me much. What does it do?

That might not necessarily be such a bad thing ...

OK, but names don't tell me much. What does it do?

A DS-1 is a distortion pedal. It'll give you sounds more along the metal side of the spectrum. Petrucci uses one, for comparisons sake.

A SD-1 is somewhat along the same lines, although it has more of a mid-range bias. Something more like Gilmour's style, say.

Not a great deal here ... trying to get some work done and realising that I have a couple of essay topics but no arguments to base my writing on, so I'm still pretty fucking in the dark. Goddamn, I just want to get down to writing, but I think I still need to do loads more research.

ughhh i hate that. although if you do have stuff in your head write it down and top up the research later.
but dont end up with half arsed mashed up essays like mine! :huh:

A DS-1 is a distortion pedal. It'll give you sounds more along the metal side of the spectrum. Petrucci uses one, for comparisons sake.

A SD-1 is somewhat along the same lines, although it has more of a mid-range bias. Something more like Gilmour's style, say.

Ah, cool, both of those sound like things I'd rather like ... will have a think about whether I feel like spending that much money.

you can get a build your own pedal kit from dick smiths ya know. even Aldi had guitars and pedals for some reason . :lol:

From Aldi?! :lol:

ughhh i hate that. although if you do have stuff in your head write it down and top up the research later.
but dont end up with half arsed mashed up essays like mine! :huh:

I have some knowledge of the topic itself and I've put some words down on paper ... but I'm just not sure what to argue to keep the essay going. It's a frustrating point of "I know stuff, but I don't know what I want to say about it!"

The thing about Boss is, you can throw it out of a three story building and it will work flawlessly. The things are fucking tanks.

Heh. I've just already spent too much money lately (can we say Europe trip?), so I'm not sure I should be throwing even more money at things I don't need ... but it'd be fun.

Don't worry, it'll be the only interesting thing I'll do this entire decade.

Fuck writing a thesis.

My life is the definition of mundanity. At least it can make other people feel interesting in comparison!

Fuck writing a thesis.

My life is the definition of mundanity. At least it can make other people feel interesting in comparison!

i :lol: when people realise that life is fairly mundane for themselves and for 99% of the population !
your life is what it is i guess you have to get over it and do something with what you got. which you are doing.

mate if i could write a thesis and go to u2 in europe in the same year i would die a happy woman.

I think it's safe to say 99% of the population is living a life more exciting than I am, sitting here at my computer, reading a bit, writing nerdy shit two people will ever care about (one being myself), and posting on a goddamn forum because I've nothing else to do with this pointless existence.

ax do you know anything about the NZ charter of human rights?

Sorry, I can't think of anything off the top of my head ... I'm sure my memory'd be jogged if I looked at material about it, but not in any particularly informative or useful way.

Sorry, I can't think of anything off the top of my head ... I'm sure my memory'd be jogged if I looked at material about it, but not in any particularly informative or useful way.

thats ok , just wondered if it had crossed your path whilst over there, but you have been here for a while anyway.

have to compare the vic charter of rights with another charter - NZ charter is most similar but other countries charters are more interesting to look at .

I think it's safe to say 99% of the population is living a life more exciting than I am, sitting here at my computer, reading a bit, writing nerdy shit two people will ever care about (one being myself), and posting on a goddamn forum because I've nothing else to do with this pointless existence.

you are young , in good health and have your whole life ahead of you , your existance will have as much point as you allow it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom