NFL 2013 Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, Cam Newton made a bad throw and Gruden called him out. You guys are just so cynical.

For some reason, I really find myself loving Gruden. I think it happened the night of the Packers/Seahawks game last year. Seeing him so visibly angry about the call endeared him to me for whatever reason.

Too fancy on 3rd-and-1. Just keep pounding the rock, it's working.

Hahahaha real smooth, McCourty.

I don't know why Cam thought it was a good idea to throw to a guy being pinned to the ground though.

I would have more faith in Brady, but the Panthers' D is too good to score on in under a minute.

Oof. Just needed a little more air under that ball, then it's an easy PI and 1 yard for the win.

Why wasnt there a call for holding as opposed to PI on that last play...?

I think holding is the call when the contact occurs before the throw.

If Gronk fights through the hold maybe he gets the PI call.

Losing this game isn't a disaster, but man it would have been helpful. Pats probably looking like #3 or #4 seed in the playoffs instead of having a shot at a bye now.

The first fifteen seconds he was on the screen, there was dead silence. I like to think a question has been asked just before they cut to the presser and he was just ignoring it.

More concerning at the end of the game was the fact that Talib was out again. The hip has been an issue since last year. If he is unable to go come the playoffs, or gets knocked out early again like the Ravens game, the Patriots have no chance to go deep in the playoffs, especially with all the other injuries on defense now.

Which is a shame, because the defense was actually looking pretty good at the beginning of the year.

If I take Carolina in pick 'em, that flag is not picked up and the pats win

If I take Carolina in pick 'em, that flag is not picked up and the pats win

Think about all the betting money that was affected with Carolina a 2 to 2.5 point favorite and the over/under at 45.5.

Shame a very good football game has to end with that call/noncall.

I could totally see it as Gronk not being able to get to that ball...

But that being said, there's got to be something in the rule book that says you can't bear hug someone to stop them from attempting to get to the ball.

Even if Gronk wouldn't have caught it, penalizable behavior, if you will, is committed because of defensive insufficiency on unpreparedness. Should be held accountable and should be seen as one of those "incredibly stupid" late game penalties.

He was never given the chance to try and plant and turn and get to the ball. How any official can judge that he couldn't catch that ball with his wingspan and athletic ability had Kuechly not impeded him is beyond me.

My point though was even if you came to that conclusion that it wasn't catchable, it should still be a clear violation to bear hug a player simply because you have fallen behind the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom