Mumbai, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. i did at my last job too, it was just a 12-8 shift. which i miss. i used to wake up at 10 then to go to work, now i consider that sleeping in! :crazy: now i'm on a 9-5 shift. i love having evenings and weekends (though i still prefer fridays and saturdays off) but damn...i hate rush hour traffic.

Morning.

Fuck, I think my right mouse button is broken.

Oh no, it's good. Confusing mousy crisis averted.

I'm sure you were all hanging on the edges of your seats hoping it would work out OK. Thanks guys, I couldn't have survived through this without you.

I'm well, gang, thanks for asking. Just working on a pointless paper that's due tomorrow. It's supposed to be five pages. Meh.

I'm also doing a bit of personal interest analysis on the Phillies' off-season moves and potential moves.

Stop driving on the wrong side of the road, granny.
:grumpy: the first, time some moron decided 5:15 would be the PERFECT time to try to make a left turn onto a busy street out of a shopping center. it's bumper to bumper, and they nearly t-bone me because damnit they HAVE to go left! i honked and drove around, trying not to hit them or jump the curb. lovely. i don't even know if they saw me or the other car they nearly hit, because it was a huge suv.

second time, it was a four way stop. i'd made a complete stop, and someone came up as i'd already started driving. since they had to stop, i figured no big deal. buuuuuut they tried to run it and turn left and nearly hit me. it was some dude on his cell phone :rolleyes:

Fun fact: my father wakes up at 5:45 AM every morning, leaves at 6:30, and arrives at work a little before 7:30. He then works twelve hours. On days in which he is coaching basketball in the evening, he arrives at work at 7 and leaves around 4, reducing his work day to nine hours. He then coaches basketball for anywhere from two to four hours (he coaches three teams).

So, yeah, this is the busy time of year.

it was some dude on his cell phone :rolleyes:

I was surprised when I was over your way and noticed it's legal to talk on a mobile phone while driving. I thought it had only been made illegal in Queensland because we were following the lead of Europe and the US.

It's a state-by-state thing. It's illegal in PA, they made it illegal about a year ago. Only, they didn't do a big press release, so only about 15% of Pennsylvanians know it's a crime.

Never mind. I did some research into it, and it appears that PA still allows it. It also appears that my mother (who informed me of this law) may have been fooled by an e-mail hoax on the issue.

It's a state-by-state thing. It's illegal in PA, they made it illegal about a year ago. Only, they didn't do a big press release, so only about 15% of Pennsylvanians know it's a crime.

Ha. Queensland made a big deal about it when it was made illegal but must people paid precious little attention, kept talking on their mobiles, and gave the police a steady source of revenue from fines.

Oh, just saw your later post. Scratch that 'ha' then.

Last edited:
yeah, i don't even know if it's legal or not here. i know there's been talk of banning everything but headsets and such. i don't know if it passed though.

ahh, well never mind then, lol.

Honest to God, my mother would like hide the phone if she was talking on it and a cop was driving by. For a whole fucking year. I just told her it was legal the whole time.

States it is illegal in: CA, CT, NJ, NY, WA. Also a few cities, like Chicago, Washington DC, and Santa Fe.

That's five states, DC, and some cities.

ahh, here we go. those with learners permits will be fined $100 if they use a phone while driving. there's also a $50 for school bus drivers talking on the phone while driving if they're transporting children.

i've seen several school buses run red lights and see the driver on the phone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom