Muff, County Donegal, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I WILL try poutine one of these days...promise.

Nik-L-Nip's, Anna:

2950713559_b6f4fc3f94.jpg

slightly bigger than Actual Size.

and can i say thanks to danny for his kind words in confesh earlier? i'd reply to the thread, but i probably shoulda just shut up in the first place. i've been excessively emotional lately and it's wearing me out. i wouldn't even call them mood swings. i'm either flat, or a mess. anyway.

hope you grass stains are all superb. like le rice. which i'm about to eat.

no worries :)

must be going round, i'm not emotional but i've been down for a few days.

i was one of the good people! :yippie:

you can't help but laugh at some of the fuckdicks though.

Yeah, it's been alright. Yesterday was wild though. Through all those thunderstorms I got drenched while waiting for the bus, which was about 10-15 minutes. Then at just prior to 5pm we had a power blackout, as did the rest of the suburb. We had to put up a few candles in the room so we didn't demolish the house singlehandedly by walking in it, during this time I used up the very little iPod battery left, which I listened to the awesome Fez-Being Born and White as Snow. Then me and my mum went to buy KFC for takeaway, as all the food (obviously) at home was cold. This even though I despise fast food restaurants like KFC. Then at about quarter past 8 in the evening, voila! The power came back and the TV switched on, just in time for the Brownlow. But I missed the episode of Top Gear with Usain Bolt as the guest! I wanted to see him race the car on foot!

That was my day, yesterday ... but today we did pilates for Tennis. :wink:

Hey John! :wave:

Oh man, Vlad, what? I, like you, missed Top Gear with Usain Bolt? Fuck, I need to keep up with TV more.

I'm going slightly mad writing overly theoretical nonsense (not of my own doing!) for university. :crack:

Hey John! :wave:

Oh man, Vlad, what? I, like you, missed Top Gear with Usain Bolt? Fuck, I need to keep up with TV more.

I'm going slightly mad writing overly theoretical nonsense (not of my own doing!) for university. :crack:

I was eagerly waiting for that episode! I can't believe I missed the Bolt. :angry:

John, you will be much happier if you do "or something" rather than "studying".

So according to last.fm my band was played on last.fm radio 30 times last week, overall only 15 plays were scrobbled

logic fail

Happy to see Your Blue Room notching up more performances, as well as the occasional Until The End Of The World, Stay's become a regular. :up:

Magnificent Opening
Your Blue Room
No Pride
UTEOTW
Stay
Mofo Snippet

Last night's set was win

No Breathe
Stories For Boys snippet in Vertigo - i.e. the one way to make the song worthwhile
The Unforgettable Fire
Crazy remix

Man, up until SBS, this setlist is pretty good stuff indeed. There's still nothing I want to hear after SBS, though.

You know what I wish they were doing?

Your Blue Room
Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller
Until The End Of The World (Night 1) / Desire (Night 2)
New Year's Day (Night 1) / Stay (Night 2)
The Unforgettable Fire

Judging by the way things are going in the rate the song looks like the last four songs on October will be the bottom four album songs so far

how did you get confirmation? (any idea as to what part of the song)

Got a submission from someone there. Bono recited the lyric "still looking for the face I had before the world was made" over the intro.

really? or is that because it's not changing and you've already seen/heard it?

No, I just don't care for it.

MLK: Well, this isn't really much of a song, is it? Plus Bono doesn't sing it properly this tour. Next.
Walk On: Eh. Don't care either way.
One: Do I need to explain? Well, if I do, see Daniel's MOS parody: "I wish they'd played Surrender/Because One is dead to me/I did not need to hear it/And they did not need to play it for me."
Streets: I'm a heretic, but I'm over it. Can think of 50 songs I'd enjoy more live. Can't begrudge its setlist presence, but I do wish people would stop acting like a U2 concert isn't a U2 concert without Streets.
Ultra Violet: Woop-dee-doo. Once was enough. More than enough. Wish they'd resurrected EBTTRT or LIB instead.
WOWY: WOWY on 360 is quite possibly the worst thing U2 have ever done live.
MOS: It's not bad (even with Bono over-singing it), but after the preceding songs, I'm just ready to go home.

At least on the rare occasions they do Bad after Streets, there's something to keep me caring.

Judging by the way things are going in the rate the song looks like the last four songs on October will be the bottom four album songs so far

I'm a bit crushed by what's happened to Scarlet.

I was so tempted to give it a 10 just to help it ...

Back
Top Bottom