Mount Hopeless, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awww, sars bonnie :sad:
Sars = sorry?

I thought you were talking about that disease SARS, that went through parts of Asia a few years ago.

:der:

:love:

eek, why thrice?
I was driving back to Melb from my parents' place... got onto the freeway and realised I'd left my camera there... debated about going back for it, and decided that it would probably be a while before I went back, so I might as well get it... except there were no exits until Malmsbury, which is far too bloody far away. So I got off at the Malmsbury exit, got confused, nearly went straight back onto the freeway towards Melb, reversed back up the entrance (no other cars around, otherwise I never would have done something so stupid), got even more confused and drove the wrong way down the other road until I could get over the median strip and turn myself around... Went back to parents' place (past Malmsbury), got camera, went back to Melb. (past Malmsbury again).

Downside of freeways - nowhere to turn around!!

Sars = sorry?

I thought you were talking about that disease SARS, that went through parts of Asia a few years ago.

:der:
:lmao: yeah, it means sorry. :D

I was driving back to Melb from my parents' place... got onto the freeway and realised I'd left my camera there... debated about going back for it, and decided that it would probably be a while before I went back, so I might as well get it... except there were no exits until Malmsbury, which is far too bloody far away. So I got off at the Malmsbury exit, got confused, nearly went straight back onto the freeway towards Melb, reversed back up the entrance (no other cars around, otherwise I never would have done something so stupid), got even more confused and drove the wrong way down the other road until I could get over the median strip and turn myself around... Went back to parents' place (past Malmsbury), got camera, went back to Melb. (past Malmsbury again).

Downside of freeways - nowhere to turn around!!
ooh, i see. and yeah, that is the thing i hate about freeways too! usually i just take the next exit and turn around there, though the rare occasion i do get lost always seems to be near a junction or something else where there's not an exit right away! :mad:

ooh, i see. and yeah, that is the thing i hate about freeways too! usually i just take the next exit and turn around there, though the rare occasion i do get lost always seems to be near a junction or something else where there's not an exit right away! :mad:

I feel your pain. :hug:

Bonnie, the front of the Age today had a headline reading "Aboriginal rebuke for G-G" ... meaning Governor-General. He made some idiotic remark about how most Aborigines are "successfully integrated" into society, or some bullshit.

:lmao:

Thinking of quitting? (obvious question)

I've been thinking of quitting for at least two of the three years I've been working there :lol:

This time my excuse for being lazy and not leaving is that I'm planning to go to the UK for an extended stay next year... plus they just gave us a pay rise. So I figure I can stick it out a bit longer...

Bonnie, the front of the Age today had a headline reading "Aboriginal rebuke for G-G" ... meaning Governor-General. He made some idiotic remark about how most Aborigines are "successfully integrated" into society, or some bullshit.

Those grungy geese need to learn when to keep their big traps shut. :tsk:

I've been thinking of quitting for at least two of the three years I've been working there :lol:

This time my excuse for being lazy and not leaving is that I'm planning to go to the UK for an extended stay next year... plus they just gave us a pay rise. So I figure I can stick it out a bit longer...

Well that's cool. Back to the UK, nice. I just got a pay rise too :up: We got our Bonus' about this time last year......but there's been no talk of any this year...so far.

Well that's cool. Back to the UK, nice. I just got a pay rise too :up: We got our Bonus' about this time last year......but there's been no talk of any this year...so far.

I doubt anyone's going to get a bonus this year... I think there's some rule that the company is only allowed to spend money on its employees every 2 years. If not longer!

Seeya Khanananananadahar!

Much longer at this job and I might go Australian psycho :happy:

Axver is wearing a black t-shirt with "Porcupine Tree" written across the chest, I think RockMerch brand, but it could be TopHeavy's tour shirt released last month, grey Levi's washed jeans, Puma sneakers and a Chronos brand ring watch. I ask if we can order our curry at this new Indian-Nepalese restaurant but he just keeps talking about goddamn fucking trains, and soon I'm imagining myself standing up and wrapping my hands around his neck until he starts gurgling four digit fucking train names in high pitch as his face turns blue and everyone in the restaurant is staring at me, but that wouldn't matter, I would just be strangling this train loving son of a bitch and asking him to order his goddamn lamb korma...
(gets more violent)

Axver is wearing a black t-shirt with "Porcupine Tree" written across the chest, I think RockMerch brand, but it could be TopHeavy's tour shirt released last month, grey Levi's washed jeans, Puma sneakers and a Chronos brand ring watch. I ask if we can order our curry at this new Indian-Nepalese restaurant but he just keeps talking about goddamn fucking trains, and soon I'm imagining myself standing up and wrapping my hands around his neck until he starts gurgling four digit fucking train names in high pitch as his face turns blue and everyone in the restaurant is staring at me, but that wouldn't matter, I would just be strangling this train loving son of a bitch and asking him to order his goddamn lamb korma...
(gets more violent)

..... :lmao:

Cos that has never gone through my head. :angel:

I doubt anyone's going to get a bonus this year... I think there's some rule that the company is only allowed to spend money on its employees every 2 years. If not longer!

Well I think we'll get one, at least around Christmas time would be Puuurrrfect. Although one this week would be nice, that would make my trip to Adelaide more likely to happen.

Ooh, I remember why I was so tired today. I watched Apocalypto last night at 1am. You know, that Mel Gibson movie about the Maya. It was pretty cool, better than I was expecting, but also much more mindless than I was expecting and often unnecessarily gruesome. And also unnecessarily conquistadoretastic at the end.

God, I'm just replying a couple of posts behind the times right now, aren't I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom