MERGED--> Transformers Movie + The Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
John McClane vs. Starscream? That's a toughie.

John McClane vs. Unicron, not even close...

NSW, you gotta post the picture.

You rang?

Bruce_Willis2.jpg

vs

image29.jpg

The winner?

Unicron.jpg

The loser?

John-McCain.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:
That's a very attractive photo...

He should totaly use that for his campaign.

Free healthcare or I give you all lockjaw!

Couple those with Cameron's scream after he read the odometer of his father's car in Ferris Bueller and they will deafen at least 74% of the population.

Oh my God:

At one point the planet-sized robot Unicron was in the script, with James Earl Jones earmarked for the role. He is to appear in the film's sequel, with a larger role.

IMDb trivia :drool:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Couple those with Cameron's scream after he read the odometer of his father's car in Ferris Bueller and they will deafen at least 74% of the population.

Oh my God:

IMDb trivia :drool:

I'd love to see that, I won't lie.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

HE'S A DAMN POINT GUARD! A POINT GUARD!

RARARARA STARSCREAM!

all at the same time :drool::drool::drool:

Ok

I saw the movie at 8 pm preview on 7/2

I liked it ok,

a bit long

but I will give it a 7.5/10
for an action type fun movie

I am too old to have played with the toys.

When I was a kid
they cut a hole in our pockets
so we would something to play with.

Well,
anyways
did anyone else see the JJ Abrams preview for his 01/08/08 release??

Now that looked very interesting.

Last edited:
I'm ver excited to see the preview for Abrams new film. Definitely one to keep an eye on. :up: If both that "Cloverfield", and Star Trek turn out as well as I hope, I may yet allow myself to get uber-excited about The Dark Tower films.

Dude---just saw this last night. I totally expected it to suck hard....figured it would just be an alien invasion movie, with the aliens being Transformers. Well, I guess it kinda was, but it was very entertaining. A lot of funny parts, some cheesy-funny parts that were mean to be that way, and some pretty cool action scenes. Very impressed with the cgi in this one. Loved the fact that the first time you see Optimus Prime transform, he does it by the same pattern that the original toy did. :drool:

Will probably see it again with some Transformers fan friends who couldn't come last night.

Lancemc said:
I've got some good Die Hard review quotes tucked away incase I miraculously win this bet. :wink:

It does look like I might be losing the RT part of this bet, but the metacritic #'s are still extremely close, and that one could go either way. Same for the Interference poll.

We shall see good sir. We shall see. :hmm:

Well here's how it's shaping up so far:

Rotten Tomatoes:

Die Hard - 77%
Transformers - 59%

Metacritic:

Die Hard - 69
Transformers - 62

I dunno about the Interference part... Should we set up a poll?

elevated_u2_fan said:

Well here's how it's shaping up so far:

Rotten Tomatoes:

Die Hard - 77%
Transformers - 59%

Metacritic:

Die Hard - 69
Transformers - 62

I dunno about the Interference part... Should we set up a poll?

I think we should wait another week or two before a poll. I personally haven't even had time to see either film yet, and we should let the maximum # of people get a chance to see them as well at let all the professional reviews trickle in.

I'm seeing Transformer's in a few minutes, I'll let you guys know how it compares with Die Hard 4. :up:

just came back from seeing it. We got there and hour before the show and there was line (wasn't planning on getting in line that soon but knew if I didn't I would be sorry).. Well got in line and waited.. It was a sold out show for sure. Started having GA line flashbacks:huh: Luckily I had my u2 video ipod and he had his gameboy advance sp.

It wasn't bad all.. tons of Michael Bay action and funny lines. My son was at the edge of his seat the whole time (and that is not easy for a kid with ADHD, He was mesmorized).. And wouldn't stop talking about it after.. Funny during the movie he was telling me who everyone was. The only one he didn't know was Bumble Bee and I explained to him that it was one of the original autobots that came about when they were hot back in the 80s.

Last edited:
deep said:
Ok

Well,
anyways
did anyone else see the JJ Abrams preview for his 01/08/08 release??

Now that looked very interesting.

Saw it. But didn't it strike you as a (possibly) better made version of "War of the Worlds"?

During a lot of the previews, I kept feeling like "Haven't I already seen this movie?"

maycocksean said:

Saw it. But didn't it strike you as a (possibly) better made version of "War of the Worlds"?

During a lot of the previews, I kept feeling like "Haven't I already seen this movie?"

yes

It did seem familiar,

I read somewhere that is is entirely made with hand held cameras,

I do like the si-fi films
so I hope this one will be good.

"Monster/Alien invasion films" are never a new idea, but Abram's film is supposed to have a Blair Witch Project quality to it, where it's all supposedly shown with people's home videos. It's a classic concept with a unique presentation. Can't wait to see this trailer/final film. :up:

Lancemc said:
"Monster/Alien invasion films" are never a new idea, but Abram's film is supposed to have a Blair Witch Project quality to it, where it's all supposedly shown with people's home videos. It's a classic concept with a unique presentation. Can't wait to see this trailer/final film. :up:

The trailer was astounding. Easily one of the best teaser trailers I have ever seen.

The best part is that it just flashes the release date, and "Produced by JJ Abrams."

First come smiles. Then lies. Last is gunfire.

Blaine is a pain. Blaine is a pain. Blaine is a pain.

Comm-comm-commala rice is gonna falla.

While the boy travels with you, gunslinger, I hold your fate in my pocket.

We all die in time. It's not just the world that moves on. But we will be magnificent.

Abrams, get these films into production now, and don't fuck 'em up!

Lancemc said:

I hope it works

I found Blair Witch, more irritating, than enjoyable.

This preview, seemed much better.

I guess budget and experience, matters.

Agreed on BWP. I couldn't stand that film after about the first 40 minutes. It was just too unbelievable too. The characters I mean, they just kept doing shit that no real person with an I.Q. over 75 would do in those situations. :down:

Back
Top Bottom