MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

You almost got the sense that the other five Cylon models might have been the first generation of hybrids, and perhaps they weren't created the same? Maybe during their creation, something went awry? Very interesting to think of the possibilities.

And was it just me, or did the beacon on the ship look very similiar to the nuke from last season?

I do have one bone to pick about, though. Lee got in shape very quickly, didn't he? :lol:

As if perhaps when they were created, they for some reason just didn't see eye to eye with the other cylon models. Or maybe there was a change in the genetic gene pool (the first 7 models are all made from the same genes). Hopefully Moore & Eick will explain that soon (please lol).

And I always wanted to know, they don't give an exact time lapse in episodes, like during one episode to another did it take place over a few days, or weeks? Because even if there was a week's lapse, I doubt that Lee would've gotten that fit in that short of a time, so perhaps it took place a few weeks after people were being airlocked?

I noticed the time thing too. I assume it's been a couple of months since the tribunals. The only thing about that is that Adama let Tigh and Starbuck go on whining far too long. I doubt they just started.

As for the other 5 models, I wonder if maybe the Cylons don't know who/what they are. Maybe they don't talk about them because it's considered blasphemous, or something of the sort. Improper somehow.

Is Anders done? I want to find out what happened to Mia, but with Jammer out of the picture, I guess we won't. Too much going on, and all of it good.

I think probably the thing between Anders and Starbuck is done. Not much of a shame though, I didn't really care for his character much unfortunately.

Maybe the cylons do know about the five other models, it's just probably there's something about them, perhaps a falling out, which makes their status unspeakable. I hope again that they'll explain it more with the future episodes... but it's all so fast going now... next episode's number 7 out of 10.

:sad:

I thought for a while maybe Jammer was a Cylon. Now, not so sure. Same with Baltar.

Wait, there' s only 10 eps? Then a break and then a few more? I can live with that. But if the whole season is done after 10.....:sad:

That's what I heard. That this season's only going to be 10 episodes. I don't know if the two parters count as just one episode, or two.

I mean, it's okay I suppose... you really can't be angry, but at the same time, how long did we wait from season 2.5 to the start of 3? About half a year just about compared to the usual 3.

Meh, the episodes this season is so good though, it makes up for the fact that the season's so short.

UberBeaver said:
No, I'm fine with that. I'd rather 10 good episodes then 22 half assed ones. It's more like a British or an HBO format. Quality over quantity. I'm all for it.

Oh definitely! Season 2.5, even Moore was saying how in rushing the episodes, they've made episodes that were lacking in luster :: coughs :: Black Market :: cough ::

In any case, if they keep making episodes like Season 3's, I don't care how much of a wait I'll have til the next season's start.

Last edited:
Which ones was that? They only one I didn't like was the one where the terrorists took over Cloud Nine. It seems like that episode was used to get rid of some (not quite) loose ends, such as Billy and Lee and Duala.

And Scar was kinda meh. But I do hope they bring him back. I think that would be cool.

The one you refer to, where Billy died, was a few episodes after Black Market (and that one wasn't the greatest, either).

Black Market was the one where the temporary commander of Pegasus (the older, fat guy) was killed by black market scum and Lee was ordered to investigate.

It was quite an unnecessary story and the creators have since gone on to say they don't like it, either.

OK, yeah. Vaguely famaliar. One thing I really like is that you just get used to a character (say Fisk from Pegasus for example), you accept his presence and then BAM, they kill him off. I remember thinking Fisk would be around for a bit. He seemed like a cool guy. Nope. Dead.

I've said it before, but I truly love how this show makes you think. Sure, destroy the Cylon race because of the obvious, but wait a sec - what if there are cylons who want to live with humans, like Sharon?

The cylons are just like humans - there are some really bad ones within the bunch, but it doesn't mean the good ones should be killed, too.

This episode wasn't so bad. A lot of character development though, and they gave brief appearances for Tyrol and Starbuck.

Why did Athena make the Basestar self-destruct? I was thinking that the Cylon in her believed that the Basestar was slowly dying and wanted to put it out of its misery... and too bad the beacon blew up with it.

Did anyone enjoy that little "War of the World" twist there? Advanced creatures dying from something simple like the bubonic plague that humans have developed immunity to? I liked that.

And Baltar's torture... :sad:
Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I thought Cylons were above primitive human torture... guess not (New Caprica Detention Center).

Sevikins said:
This episode wasn't so bad. A lot of character development though, and they gave brief appearances for Tyrol and Starbuck.

In the podcast he was talking about how they had lots of action scenes in the original draft, but they felt that they just weren't working in the storyline once they actually filmed. And apparently there was a lot of Starbuck in those scenes that were cut.

And yeah, the twist with the virus was pretty sweet... and the fact that Boomer/Sharon/Athena was immune too because of her pregnancy was a really awesome way to keep her safe :)

I downloaded the podcast, I'll probably give it a listen tomorrow or whatnot.

And regarding Athena's immunity, I swear the bf's either psychic, or he's secretly part of BSG. He mentioned that right before we watched the episode and I just wanted to beat him senseless... he's like my own last minute spoiler :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Last edited:
Sevikins said:

And regarding Athena's immunity, I swear the bf's either psychic, or he's secretly part of BSG. He mentioned that right before we watched the episode and I just wanted to beat him senseless... he's like my own last minute spoiler :mad: :mad: :mad:.

:lol: Tell him he must sit in the other room and not talk to you before the show!

And yes, Helo does indeed rock. I was thinking... would I have the courage to risk my life (considering the other people on the ship might retaliate if they find out that he sabotaged the plan) in order to do something that I believed was necessary.

I also thought it was interesting that at the end of the episode they found out that the plan to destroy the Cylons probably wouldn't have worked anyway...

I thought Laura and Adama's private discussion of genocide was fantastically insightful... whether or not they should approve of genocide in order to keep the human race going knowing that history will condemn them, or to make the ethical decision and risk having the entire human population decimated. Really interesting question...

gah. I love this show so much.

hippy said:

:lol: Tell him he must sit in the other room and not talk to you before the show!

And yes, Helo does indeed rock. I was thinking... would I have the courage to risk my life (considering the other people on the ship might retaliate if they find out that he sabotaged the plan) in order to do something that I believed was necessary.

I also thought it was interesting that at the end of the episode they found out that the plan to destroy the Cylons probably wouldn't have worked anyway...

I thought Laura and Adama's private discussion of genocide was fantastically insightful... whether or not they should approve of genocide in order to keep the human race going knowing that history will condemn them, or to make the ethical decision and risk having the entire human population decimated. Really interesting question...

gah. I love this show so much.

Lots of food for though, the whole ethical thing is what really separates us from the Cylons really. Well not a total separation, but humans like to think they're more different than their mechanical creations.

I think the crew, or at least Adama and Roslin already know who was behind the door being jammed. As Roslin said, there are two likely suspects. The thing is seeing what's going to happen in the next episode to Helo or Athena, or both, or if something will happen after all. Adama said he's closing the book on it though.

Plus I guess if they did get to execute the Cylons and the resurrection ships/Basestars got infected, would we really have a chance at another season? No, so hurray for Helo's acts! Drag it on lol. :wink:

hippy said:

Isn't it interesting how the President and Adama's views on things have changed since this show began? If this scenario had presented itself early on, I think their feelings would have been reversed. Adama would have been the one who easily agreed to kill all the cylons like that, while Roslin would have had doubts. But because of his experience with Sharon/Athena, and her experiences on New Caprica, they've changed.

The President has become the ruthless one.

UberBeaver said:
Yup. Rolsin is getting bitter. Adama is getting older and mellow. I like the switch. And it was done very naturally.

I think it's definitely reflected by the fact that Roslin stayed on New Caprica while Adama was on Galactica... Roslin thinks about all of the horror and hardship she experienced under Cylon rule while Adama's experience with Cylons is largely based on his interactions with Sharon.

Anyway, it definitely makes for some interesting discussions between the two of them :yes:

SO SAY WE ALL

:D

You know what sucks, though? I have family visiting me for the next two Fridays... which means I'll have to delay gratification on BSG for a looooong time. :( Though I might try to see this week's episode in the small amount of time I *might* have on Sunday... I'm such a dork that I'm upset my FAMILY are coming into town for Thanksgiving because it means that I'll have to miss BSG :lol:

hippy said:
SO SAY WE ALL

:D

You know what sucks, though? I have family visiting me for the next two Fridays... which means I'll have to delay gratification on BSG for a looooong time. :( Though I might try to see this week's episode in the small amount of time I *might* have on Sunday... I'm such a dork that I'm upset my FAMILY are coming into town for Thanksgiving because it means that I'll have to miss BSG :lol:

I know what you mean. A few of us brought my wife out to dinner for her birthday last Friday and at nine o'clock I was like, "DAMMIT, I should be home right now." When the night ended early (my wife is pregnant, so she gets tired quick) I was the first one out of the bar cause I had to get my geek on. I'm so lame.

Back
Top Bottom