Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to My Chemical Romance's Something Something Something Killjoys again. Good hell, the lyrics are silly. Fun album though.

Listened to My Chemical Romance's Something Something Something Killjoys again. Good hell, the lyrics are silly. Fun album though.

I actually genuinely liked them at one point, I was front row at their 2007 gig, and even now I listen to a few songs every now and then for nostalgia. But oh man that album blows, hahaha. I would almost be tempted to go to their upcoming gig, just to see how much both the band and their audience have changed over the years.

Too bad Gerard doesn't have pink hair anymore.

On a not-at-all-related note, do you ever worry that you may have driven someone to suicide? Not that I'm currently experiencing anything like that... :shifty: Purely hypothetical here...:whistle:

On a not-at-all-related note, do you ever worry that you may have driven someone to suicide? Not that I'm currently experiencing anything like that... :shifty: Purely hypothetical here...:whistle:

My students? :lol:

My students? :lol:

Well, Inhale guy has posted on Facebook that he's quitting making music and resigning from the internet. While part of me is reminded of a certain poster's Good-bye Forever non-threats, part of me is concerned, for Inhale guy is depressed and possibly insane and might be considering doing something drastic.

DID YOU HAVE TO REMlND ME VLAD.

Reggo, just remember that "something drastic" will probably end up being a new album, whatever he says.

DID YOU HAVE TO REMlND ME VLAD.

Reggo, just remember that "something drastic" will probably end up being a new album, whatever he says.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure he's serious about quitting. He says he's sick of adding darkness to the world. So maybe it's just the music he's stopping and he's not thinking of offing himself.

I suppose; I was going to say musicians always end up coming back (and I can think of a number who [ultimately temporarily] quit in similar fashion) ... but then I thought of a whole bunch of others who've just drifted away, never to appear in music again. Usually just obscurities from New Zealand bands that only I listen to, though.

Got an email from him overnight, he's just quitting music, not anything else, and he gave me his personal email to chat with him from now on, since the band one is going away. If I ever finally make it to san francisco, I have an invitation to come down to fresno and hang out, which is cool. More incentive to save up and get my butt over there.

:angry: ...Just :angry:

I'm gonna go knit until I stop being pissed off at Inhale guy.

Haha I've been waiting all day for someone to ask that! I didn't have anything for him to sign, and I saw other people doing it, so I took mine off and then hobbled out of the espy.

There was a laughable fight last night too. Some bloke from one side of that white fence out the front punched one on the other and he smashed his face on a table. And I thought it was gonna be on. But the puncher just walked off, bragging. And then the punchee and his mates took after him, but nothing happened. The puncher just kept going "what cunts?" and walking backwards, and the group just kept saying "we're gonna fuckin smash ya"... bit disappointing for the first fight I've ever seen out.

You should've laid the smackdown, Cobb. Even though there is no justification for it, it would've been cool if you did it.

Haha, fight fail.

Never going to wear that shoe again, eh?

Axver said:
How exactly have you known me (and phanan) this long and not listened to Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde?

:reject: I just did. Lovely album, nice mix of heavier elements and dream pop. It's like music to fall in love to and break up to at the same time.

Now I'm listening to Disintegration. There's some flow happening here, even across albums.

My internet is capped so it won't load for me until about half an hour later.

We're getting 200gb a month though.

I keep on forgetting to say this but quite often, there are these advertisements for a Tim Finn gig at some SA winery and I can't help thinking of you, Ax, dancing in the front row and drinking two bottles of wine.

Haha, is Tim Finn doing an overpriced winery tour? I thought I was fairly up-to-date on his touring. Saw him last year and it was good times. Only one glass of wine though, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom