Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hate how, when U2 played Seconds live, Bono would sing over the top of some of the lines that Edge did solo on the album. Fuck off, Bono, you goddamn attention whore.
To Bono,

I've had this burning in my guts now for so long
My belly's aching now to say
You're just a fuck
I can't explain it, but I think you suck
I'm taking pride
In telling you to fuck off and die

Love, Jess (And Green Day)

SuperWin. I am NOT looking forward to summer. Or, for that matter, next month. It seems November means annoying sticky flies.
Is there anywhere on the planet where the weather DOESN'T suck?

I suppose that in fairness, I should probably choose the Auckland Islands or something else to the south of New Zealand. Antarctica's cold may be a bit harsh.
San Francisco's weather appeals to me. Never gets below 50 F or much above 85 F. :drool:

San Francisco's weather appeals to me. Never gets below 50 F or much above 85 F. :drool:

I think I could totally get into parts of the South Island. Cold winters, mild summers. Hell yes.

Hell, even where I grew up, 28C or so was a hot summer's day.

I think I could totally get into parts of the South Island. Cold winters, mild summers. Hell yes.

Hell, even where I grew up, 28C or so was a hot summer's day.
I don't like cold winters. I like mild-temperate weather year-round.

:slant: Someone here is singing "Zombie". Where's my stabbing pen?

I don't like cold winters. I like mild-temperate weather year-round.

:slant: Someone here is singing "Zombie". Where's my stabbing pen?

I like cold weather (keeping in mind I haven't really experienced anything below -10C; I'm thinking of 0 to -10 as cold) as well as mild weather - something to chill the face is always welcome in my world. But heat can fuck off and die. I don't know how I lasted so long in Queensland.

And on an unrelated note, I'm listening to the director's commentary on UABRS right now. I love how he claims this is the first time U2 played in the US. :laugh:

Alright! Just the guy I was looking for :)

Things are good, but time is precious. Second job is kinda making things tough.

Wanted to tell you about my second go at your desert island list

I checked it out again the night before our semifinals. Not that I wasn't gonna vote for myself either way :lol:

But I was intrigued enough from the first listen a while back, that I thought it deserved another go. And I'm glad I did :D

I like cold weather (keeping in mind I haven't really experienced anything below -10C; I'm thinking of 0 to -10 as cold) as well as mild weather - something to chill the face is always welcome in my world. But heat can fuck off and die. I don't know how I lasted so long in Queensland.

And on an unrelated note, I'm listening to the director's commentary on UABRS right now. I love how he claims this is the first time U2 played in the US. :laugh:
Heat blows, extreme cold blows. And I hate snow.

:lol: Really? My favourite part of UABRS is Edge's death glare after Bono tells him to "Shut up for a minute."

I checked it out again the night before our semifinals. Not that I wasn't gonna vote for myself either way :lol:

But I was intrigued enough from the first listen a while back, that I thought it deserved another go. And I'm glad I did :D

Ooh. What do you like in particular? I've been surprised how many people have enjoyed it, as I actually thought my focus on instrumentals would put people off.

That was a rather close round we had too - I thought it was going to be a blow-out in your favour, so it was pretty nice to finish rather respectably close.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed the first listen because I thought it was kinda the same all the way through. Of course that was probably your point. But I kept thinking to myself, 'when's he gonna sucker punch me, and throw in some blood gurgles, and death growls', you know at least a little Opeth or something :lol:

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed the first listen because I thought it was kinda the same all the way through. Of course that was probably your point. But I kept thinking to myself, 'when's he gonna sucker punch me, and throw in some blood gurgles, and death growls', you know at least a little Opeth or something :lol:

:lmao:

I did think about revising it at a later date, but I felt it fit the purpose I designed it for (something to play while writing and studying, and to consistently emphasise more beautiful atmospheric stuff), so I left it as-is.

Next DI, I am VERY tempted to enter a list solely of extreme metal just to horrify people.

And of course, as I've learned through the years, the best music (well, things in general) take a few listens at least to grow on you.

So I went into it this time expecting a mellow head trip. And was blown away by a few things. 65 Days of Solar? was easily my favorite track. Just an awesome track. Also the track that followed Explosions in the sky, the Verve song, and the parts leading up to Crowded house. The Passengers was very nice also

Heat blows, extreme cold blows. And I hate snow.

:lol: Really? My favourite part of UABRS is Edge's death glare after Bono tells him to "Shut up for a minute."

I haven't had nearly enough experience with snow to have much of an opinion on it. It's something of a novelty to me.

Haha, that's great. Some of this commentary is ... quite bland.

:lmao:

Next DI, I am VERY tempted to enter a list solely of extreme metal just to horrify people.

:lol: I like it all, and would enjoy this very much as well.

BTW: RegularBono - your punk segment was one of my faves also. You should have entered the retro island :) Or did you? :hmm:

You'll probably be the only one!

I might do it not just as a piss-take to horrify people, but actually try to ease people not familiar with metal into it. Start with stuff that isn't heavy but at least dark, and then end in some really intense black metal territory or whatever.

I'll lose every round but it'll be worth it for the responses I'll undoubtedly get. :lol:

I haven't had nearly enough experience with snow to have much of an opinion on it. It's something of a novelty to me.

Haha, that's great. Some of this commentary is ... quite bland.
It's like, "You're telling me to shut up for a minute? I'm sorry, YOU'RE telling ME to shut up for a minute? If my fingers weren't frozen, I'd come over there and strangle you."

And Adam walks over and looks at him like, "You okay? You can kill him after the show, you know."

BTW: RegularBono - your punk segment was one of my faves also. You should have entered the retro island :) Or did you? :hmm:
I did not, but after Di Vi, I may do an obscure Nor-Cal 80's punk list. :love: EBPM Forever! :rockon:

Anyways Ax, it was a nightime listen so that helped the mood for this list.

Funny thing - the first time I listened to it, after about a half hour I thought to myself that this list would have made a good thing to put on after an acid trip. The kinda thing we use to do winding down from one of those days. Like tangerine Dream or something of that ilk. So after the Verve (I think), a song comes on and after a minute or two I go BING!, this is exactly the kind of song I was just thinking about :doh: I run in to check the computer cuz I listen to these things blind (don't know who's playing), sorta like a radio station, and the band is called Incredible Expanding Mindfuck :lol: Headphone Dust (double :doh::doh:). It was fucking great timing :D

You'll probably be the only one!

I might do it not just as a piss-take to horrify people, but actually try to ease people not familiar with metal into it. Start with stuff that isn't heavy but at least dark, and then end in some really intense black metal territory or whatever.

I'll lose every round but it'll be worth it for the responses I'll undoubtedly get. :lol:
Porcupine Tree! :hyper:

....damn you. :grumpy:

Anyways Ax, it was a nightime listen so that helped the mood for this list.

Funny thing - the first time I listened to it, after about a half hour I thought to myself that this list would have made a good thing to put on after an acid trip. The kinda thing we use to do winding down from one of those days. Like tangerine Dream or something of that ilk. So after the Verve (I think), a song comes on and after a minute or two I go BING!, this is exactly the kind of song I was just thinking about :doh: I run in to check the computer cuz I listen to these things blind (don't know who's playing), sorta like a radio station, and the band is called Incredible Expanding Mindfuck :lol: Headphone Dust (double :doh::doh:). It was fucking great timing :D

:lol:!

Incredible Expanding Mindfuck is a side project of Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree, and he certainly likes his more psychedelic and trippy music, so I can't say I'd be surprised if he created Headphone Dust for just that very purpose. Not that I'd have much of a clue about that myself, though.

(Also, totally one of my favourite band names.)

It's like, "You're telling me to shut up for a minute? I'm sorry, YOU'RE telling ME to shut up for a minute? If my fingers weren't frozen, I'd come over there and strangle you."

And Adam walks over and looks at him like, "You okay? You can kill him after the show, you know."

Precisely. :laugh:

Porcupine Tree! :hyper:

....damn you. :grumpy:

Haha. Not sure if I'll use them on the metal list or not; I suppose it would be a good way to start and ease people in. But I doubt many people will listen to even half of the list, once it gets to serious death metal.

... I'll have to use a twenty minute Wolves In The Throne Room atmospheric black metal epic to close. See if ANYONE gets through it.

:lol:!

Incredible Expanding Mindfuck is a side project of Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree, and he certainly likes his more psychedelic and trippy music, so I can't say I'd be surprised if he created Headphone Dust for just that very purpose. Not that I'd have much of a clue about that myself, though.

(Also, totally one of my favourite band names.)

:lol:

Well, that does explain things a bit, since Porcupine Tree is a bit of a throwback as far as their prog sound goes. Makes sense that he would have some spacey music like that. Very 70's sounding. I like them. Need to check them out a bit more. Also, you ( I think) and Bono212 had nice Dream Theater tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom