Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps discussion wasn't the best description. Since there was no point to that thread but to come up with outlandish (and offensive to some) statements that mocked the gazillions of other threads in OOC, it was closed. I know you guys consider this your playground, but there are still rules. Not every funny idea deserves its own thread.

Who found it to be offensive though?.....granted it was a bit over the top, but it was still fun, and I don't really see how majority of the posts were offensive to anyone.

Perhaps discussion wasn't the best description. Since there was no point to that thread but to come up with outlandish (and offensive to some) statements that mocked the gazillions of other threads in OOC, it was closed. I know you guys consider this your playground, but there are still rules. Not every funny idea deserves its own thread.

If anybody's offended by it, why are they even on the Internet? Much more potentially offensive stuff graces FYM without consequence. It was all good natured humour and intentionally ridiculous; I think closing it for offensive mockery would be valid if we'd made posts like "the Loserthread" or "what are you DOING?" rather than threads that are never going to happen.

Anybody else was perfectly welcome to join in too. It's not as if we'd made it as something just for Superthreaders, and I don't know how somebody could have felt excluded from participating in it. I see the thread as pretty much on the level of the demotivational posters thread we had a while back in EYKIW.

If anybody's offended by it, why are they even on the Internet? Much more potentially offensive stuff graces FYM without consequence. It was all good natured humour and intentionally ridiculous; I think closing it for offensive mockery would be valid if we'd made posts like "the Loserthread" or "what are you DOING?" rather than threads that are never going to happen.

Anybody else was perfectly welcome to join in too. It's not as if we'd made it as something just for Superthreaders, and I don't know how somebody could have felt excluded from participating in it. I see the thread as pretty much on the level of the demotivational posters thread we had a while back in EYKIW.

I didn't see any demovitational posters talking about murdering or raping anyone.

But I digress - this is not the place to discuss this. If you have concerns, feel free to PM me.

I didn't see any demovitational posters talking about murdering or raping anyone.

But I digress - this is not the place to discuss this. If you have concerns, feel free to PM me.

I'm not seeing how that's offensive, given it's not implying that any particular individual is going to do that - indeed, given its intentional outlandishness, it's implying that NOBODY would do that. If somebody finds that offensive, then I think they're just out looking for something to offend them.

I just wanted to publicly respond to an equally public comment. I'll take anything further to PM.

I don't know what the fuck is up with him.

He came by after work, as planned, and I was looking forward to it. But right before he got here, I was looking something up for that godawful thread in EYKIW, and so I wanted to hurry up and finish that. Well, I guess he felt like I was ignoring him, because he went all cold on me, and wouldn't tell me what was wrong, and then said he wanted to leave, and ignored my protests and left.

So then I texted him and asked him why he left. And he said he thought I didn't want him here. I explained that I did, and why I was busy when he first got here. Then he said he was mad at me, but that wasn't why, and he'd talk to me later because he was going to shower. I said for him to message me back as soon as possible, because I didn't know what I'd done wrong. And by then I'd pretty much started crying, which I'd been on the verge of ever since he left. Then he messaged and said he'd talk to me tomorrow. I told him I was crying and I couldn't wait until tomorrow, and I haven't heard from him since.

G'night, Serena. :wave:

Chass. :hug: That strikes me as fairly unsurprising arseholish male behaviour, really, which is unfortunate but he'll probably be over it by morning.

I just wish he'd talk to me.

Whenever he's upset, he just shuts down and won't talk about what's bothering him. Like, won't even say a WORD. Just shakes his head and looks away when I try to ask him. It drives me crazy, because I always assume it's ME that he's mad at, even when he's not.

Except this time, it IS me, and I don't know what to fucking do.

I'm having a fucking anxiety attack over here.

:hug:

Have you told him that before? I'd hope he'd appreciate that and realise what he's doing just makes things worse and doesn't help at all. I suppose when someone's annoyed, they don't think entirely clearly, but if you really care about somebody ... eh, I don't know.

We've talked about it before. But I guess you can't change someone else's behaviour.

I guess he had gone for his shower or something, because he finally just texted me back... to say he loves me.

But he's not off the hook until he tells me what the fuck is wrong.

Because I'm not going to stop punishing myself until I know.

Wow, Chass. Hope he stops being an arse soon!

Speaking of arseholish boys, guess who's speaking to me again?

NO WAY.

Also, hi! :wave:
He put me down as a reference for a job application and wanted to forewarn me. I'm not about to let one text message fix everything, but I definitely want to work on things again.

Lord, I'm a nerd.

Also, hi yourself :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom