Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having toast as a kind of improvised mini-breakfast on my early mornings lately. Two slices of bread does not qualify as a meal in my view.

Damn, it's been ages since I've had Weet-bix.

Hm, my breakfast usually contains of four slices of bread, then 2 more for lunch..

What's weet-bix?

Hm, my breakfast usually contains of four slices of bread, then 2 more for lunch..

What's weet-bix?

I try not to eat more than four slices of bread a day, which are used in my lunch. Mostly just because my mother's drummed it into my head that too much bread in one day isn't the healthiest idea. Sometimes I have six, like when I use bread in my dinner.

I try not to eat more than four slices of bread a day, which are used in my lunch. Mostly just because my mother's drummed it into my head that too much bread in one day isn't the healthiest idea. Sometimes I have six, like when I use bread in my dinner.

Why not more than four? :scratch: bread is good for you! it contains Iodine salts, which prevent you from having bad stuff happend to your thyroid gland, and it got fibres which are good for you aswell.
Bread is good, as long as it's not only white bread.

Oh, and because I can't be arsed editing, Weet-bix are essentially wheat biscuits.

800px-Weetbix_Stevage.jpg

I crush up four, bind them with a little bit of hot water, and throw in whatever fruit I have handy.

Why not more than four? :scratch: bread is good for you! it contains Iodine salts, which prevent you from having bad stuff happend to your thyroid gland, and it got fibres which are good for you aswell.
Bread is good, as long as it's not only white bread.

Yeah, I tend to only buy white bread, since I'm on a tight budget and it's cheapest, and my mother has always been of the firm opinion that too much white bread is a quick way to put on weight. She drummed that into my head enough when I lived at home that now it's just habit to never have more than four or six slices a day.

I'm sure it would be far more nutritious if I bought decent non-white bread.

Yeah, I tend to only buy white bread, since I'm on a tight budget and it's cheapest, and my mother has always been of the firm opinion that too much white bread is a quick way to put on weight. She drummed that into my head enough when I lived at home that now it's just habit to never have more than four or six slices a day.

I'm sure it would be far more nutritious if I bought decent non-white bread.

She's right, white bread isn't too great for you. Too much could evne cause obstipation.
Get some decent bread you cheap ass!

Really? So what does it taste like then? Cereal?

Well, it is a cereal, so yes. It's dry, hence the standard addition of fruit - and most people have it swimming in milk it seems, but I can't stand milk and only use liquid to bind it. It's also rather good if you keep it as a dry cereal biscuit and spread things like Marmite or honey on top (kind of like toast, I guess).

She's right, white bread isn't too great for you. Too much could evne cause obstipation.
Get some decent bread you cheap ass!

Now that I'm on the blind pension, I think I can actually afford decent bread. When I was just on the student allowance, I was losing $100 a month even though I had cut expenditure everywhere. It simply wasn't enough to live on.

Oh man. I RULE AT LIFE.

Since yesterday, the deadbolt on our front door has been sticking. If the door shuts hard (which it usually does, as it's on spring hinges), the bolt slides out a little and engages itself, and then you can't get the door back open. This could lead to getting inadvertently locked out.

My dad started bitching loudly about it. I calmly went and got a piece of tape, and stuck it over the bolt. Problem solved.

Oh man. I RULE AT LIFE.

Since yesterday, the deadbolt on our front door has been sticking. If the door shuts hard (which it usually does, as it's on spring hinges), the bolt slides out a little and engages itself, and then you can't get the door back open. This could lead to getting inadvertently locked out.

My dad started bitching loudly about it. I calmly went and got a piece of tape, and stuck it over the bolt. Problem solved.

Female logic. :love:

I remember hitting 16 or 17k during the Olympics. Although now I'm willing to post a bit more, so who knows.

We've cricket and elections to bitch about. I'm sure that will kick through plenty of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom