Kyoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just hit up radio sport and hope it doesn't buffer like a bitch.

i'll follow it on my phone or get someone to send me the odd update. what a shit it isn't a day/night game.

acutally, what happened to the concept of reserve days for limited overs games?

just hit up radio sport and hope it doesn't buffer like a bitch.

I'll give it a try, though I lack optimism.

acutally, what happened to the concept of reserve days for limited overs games?

Tighter scheduling squeezed them out?

On a related note, I see some players are pulling out of the IPL due to having such heavy schedules already. Can't say I blame them.

Somebody should've offered a correction on WTAHAN: classy whore.

I'm seriously pissed about this. How fucking dare anybody say something like that. If Madonna can be called a slut with STDs because she shows off her breasts, then you might as well call me the same thing. Since fucking when do women have to hide away their bodies?!

I'm seriously pissed about this. How fucking dare anybody say something like that. If Madonna can be called a slut with STDs because she shows off her breasts, then you might as well call me the same thing. Since fucking when do women have to hide away their bodies?!

But don't you think it's just as degrading to women to use their bodies to get the attention of men?

Hey Ali! :wave:

But don't you think it's just as degrading to women to use their bodies to get the attention of men?

And I don't see what the hell all this boobage had to do with GOYB. Thank god the thread got closed, at any rate.

It depends on the individual situation. In many cases, it can be very empowering for a woman. For me it always has been. It's quite something to take control of a man's mind using only your body.

To me that just continues to equate a huge difference in the sexes, and imo, places us at a disadvantage.

rollin.jpg

Wanted to at least do one before I went to bed.

It depends on the individual situation. In many cases, it can be very empowering for a woman. For me it always has been. It's quite something to take control of a man's mind using only your body.

I didn't know appealling to the most base desires constituted "empowering".

After all, if said man remarked that he was infatuated with a woman simply due to her body, he'd be called a vapid, shallow, sexist pig.

And I don't see what the hell all this boobage had to do with GOYB. Thank god the thread got closed, at any rate.
It started with everyone trying to get that DJ guy's attention, since he apparently registered here. I said something like "I'll show skin for an mp3!", someone else suggested I trade Madonna's rack for a soundbite, I posted a Madonna pic, and the topic (not that there was much of one to begin with, it was basically just people whining and waiting) turned to Madonna, and a jerk had to put his two cents in by saying Madonna is full of STDs. The bitter icing on the cake was his defense when I called him on his insensitivity:

Anyone who parades around like a slut deserves what they get.

Unacceptable.

After all, if said man remarked that he was infatuated with a woman simply due to her body, he'd be called a vapid, shallow, sexist pig.

By women. His male mates would probably just go "PHWOAR!! YEAH!!".

Yes, I know that's sexist. But so are guys like that, so I can't care much.

It started with everyone trying to get that DJ guy's attention, since he apparently registered here. I said something like "I'll show skin for an mp3!", someone else suggested I trade Madonna's rack for a soundbite, I posted a Madonna pic, and the topic (not that there was much of one to begin with, it was basically just people whining and waiting) turned to Madonna ...

Well, I don't think any of this was particularly a good idea ...

... and a jerk had to put his two cents in by saying Madonna is full of STDs. The bitter icing on the cake was his defense when I called him on his insensitivity:

Unacceptable.

... but yeah, that guy was a tool and I'm in total agreement here.

You guys would be surprised at how excited i am for the new U2 song.

it's going to be the hotness. possibly the hottest thing you could imagine. submarines and gasolines.

To me that just continues to equate a huge difference in the sexes, and imo, places us at a disadvantage.

To each their own. I see it this way. When I was in my mid teens, I wanted a boyfriend more than anything. I tried dressing slutty in order to get one, and it actually didn't work. Later, when I did have one, I found that in certain situations, men are certainly controlled by their penises, and I find it somewhat hilarious.

I see it like, if I can take control of a guy, using whatever advantages I have, that gives me power. 'Traditionally' guys use girls. Girls who want nothing but a boyfriend let guys walk all over them just for a little bit of affection. I prefer the role reversal. I've used guys. If I can control a guy and stay in power, then he can never control me.

It's not 100% correct, and I'm sure it stems from my own issues with always being in control, as well as the low self esteem of my youth, but I find that when I look sexy, and a guy can't keep his eyes off of me, that that puts me in control and gives me power. I know that if I wanted to, I could get what I wanted from that guy. But I also know that no matter what, I am in control, and no one can have me unless I give them permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom