Kissimmee, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, yes, Ax, there's a huge difference where drums and bass are concerned.

Well, Xanax and Wine is certainly more boring than Fast Cars. And it's longer! :happy: Fucking Hell! *kills self*

Personally, I kind of feel like U2 shit all over their own song when you compare it to Fast Cars.

With the drums, well...he's doing the basic snare/hi-hat/kick drum thing, with the occasional crash and rack tom. BORRRRRRING. Gimme Fast Cars. WTF were they thinking with this?

THEY ARE NOT.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine. A scone is like a biscuit with umpteen unnecessary ingredients added to the mix.

Did I say the same?

No, I said SIMILAR.

And they ARE similar. Jesus.

Off memory, there's not much difference in the recipe at all. Hell, I had it explained to me as only one ingredient being added to scones, though I forget what it is.

You know what it reminds me of? And I'm so totally going to get lynched for this, but...

It...it sounds like Foxboro Hot Tubs, that kind of kitschy, yet modern 60's-ish rock. Hard to put my finger on it. Wish there was more like Fast Cars.

I found I preferred them plain. I'll put jam (preferably blackberry, but any works) on my scones.
no.

THEY ARE NOT.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine. A scone is like a biscuit with umpteen unnecessary ingredients added to the mix.
qft. i don't like scones, they're too hard and dense. i know they're designed to dip in tea or coffee, but 1. i don't drink them with tea or coffee 2. i do not dip food into my drink. if i see little crumbs floating in my food i'll puke. if i decide to be like a kid and dip oreos in milk, i'll pour a separate small cup solely for dunking.

Well, Xanax and Wine is certainly more boring than Fast Cars. And it's longer! :happy: Fucking Hell! *kills self*

Personally, I kind of feel like U2 shit all over their own song when you compare it to Fast Cars.

With the drums, well...he's doing the basic snare/hi-hat/kick drum thing, with the occasional crash and rack tom. BORRRRRRING. Gimme Fast Cars. WTF were they thinking with this?

I can see why XAW was just included in the iTunes rarities bonus thing. Yet EYKIW seems to think XAW shits all over Fast Cars. Now, yes, some of the alternate versions are better - Native Son slays Vertigo and alt. ABOY slays regular ABOY. But that's not at all the case with XAW.

Native Son? Alternate ABOY? I'd like to hear these...

There are different textures of scones. You guys have probably just been exposed to hard ones that got all crusty on the long voyage to the States from Britain.

2. i do not dip food into my drink.

This.

I've never understood dipping food in drinks, really. I don't like the texture of soggy foods. My mother dips plain biscuits (i.e. our biscuits) in her coffee all the time and I've no idea how she eats it.

Did I say the same?

No, I said SIMILAR.

Off memory, there's not much difference in the recipe at all. Hell, I had it explained to me as only one ingredient being added to scones, though I forget what it is.
i think she's referring to what we call scones. what you call scones is pretty similar to biscuits. but what we call scones is totally different. from glancing at wikipedia there's no info on our scones, so just trust me on this. :D

If NLOTH has the same kind of african vibe that Fast Cars has, maybe it won't suck. :shrug:

Congrats, now I'm stuck on Fast Cars.

I love dipping sweet biscuits (Australian term) into milk. Screw you guys. :sad:

Although I only have sweet biscuits like once a year whereas I have savoury biscuits like everyday, so this doesn't come too often.

There are different textures of scones. You guys have probably just been exposed to hard ones that got all crusty on the long voyage to the States from Britain.

:laugh:

Soft scones for the win.

Incidentally, there's a place called Scone in NSW. I've always wondered how it's meant to be pronounced, like the food or like "Scown".

i think she's referring to what we call scones. what you call scones is pretty similar to biscuits. but what we call scones is totally different. from glancing at wikipedia there's no info on our scones, so just trust me on this. :D

I just did a google image search and read a bit about them, and yeah, there's a huge, huge difference. See, in Australia, THESE are scones:

GJ%2520Scone.jpg

I can't think of an equivalent we have to your scones.

Did I say the same?

No, I said SIMILAR.

I'm sorry. It's just, I'm very sensitive about biscuits :scream:

As I understand, most scone recipes require an egg, which biscuits do not. Additionally, many add sugar, and currants and things.

Pretty much the only thing you can add to biscuits without being chased out of the south with pitchforks is cheese :shrug: And that's rare anyway.

Also, scones are made by dropping the dough by the spoonful onto the pan. Biscuit dough is rolled out and cut into circles. A drinking glass usually substitutes for a 'cookie' cutter.

I just did a google image search and read a bit about them, and yeah, there's a huge, huge difference. See, in Australia, THESE are scones:

GJ%2520Scone.jpg

yeah, those are pretty much like what we call biscuits. here, scones are kind of like a little, dense, savoury cake. it's not really a cake, but the texture is kind of similar, but like i said very dense. and really scones have sweeter flavours (first example i can think of is blueberry) but like muffins, it's not really sweet or anything.

i don't know, now i'm confusing myself.

GJ%2520Scone.jpg

Okay guys, I take back my freakout. It does seem that indeed, down Aussie way, your scones are like our biscuits.

I've always wanted to try that!

The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that a plate of fried bread consists of 700 calories and 27 grams of fat.

Haha wow, maybe I don't. But you know, just once. Sounds like it'd taste like deep fried Lebanese pita, which I think probably has a proper name, and that stuff is obviously really nice, and basically the same thing to frybread, but seems to be much thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom