Kiss Fans protest outside the Rock Hall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/05/kiss.ap/index.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- About 200 Kiss fans protested in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum to demand that the band be inducted into the hall.

Fans, some from as far away as California, carried signs Saturday and had painted their faces in black-and-white to resemble Kiss band members.

Those participating in the half-hour demonstration were upset that the band, formed more than 30 years ago, has not been admitted, even though it has been eligible since the late 1990s.

Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record, according to the museum's Web site.

"Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist's contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll," the site says.

A museum spokesman said it was the first demonstration by fans seeking to have a group inducted.

The foundation that selects inductees is based in New York City, not at the museum.

---------------------

so what do you think should they be inducted or are they not worth it? their music may be consider crap by most critics but they can't deny how many bands they influenced.

Just because they've been around for a long time it doesn't mean they should be inducted in. i don't think they're good enough to go in, but that's my personal view.

well like I said they are far from being great musicians, eventhough I really think Paul Stanley is an amazing singer (and Gene Simmons a really crappy one for that matter)

They've had this huge influence on bands like Anthrax, Skid Row, Lenny Kravitz, Pantera, Motley Crue, Poison, Stone Temple Pilots, even Garth Brooks. Not the type of bands that a U2 crowd listens to, so I'm probably digging a hole but I really think they should get in

MrBrau1 said:

exactly!! Kiss =
Loser.GIF

these, IMO, are the biggest omissions as of 2006

Genesis
Rush
Van Halen
Yes

there are some others, Chicago, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc. but those 4 absolutely shoud be in without question

wow I didn't know Genesis or Van Halen haven't been inducted, guess it will be a while for Kiss then:huh:

I think it's kind of lame that fans would protest to get a band into the Hall of Fame. Who cares if they're in or not? If you like them, that's all that matters.

its just a matter of supporting their favorite band is it lame? maybe and Kiss has stated many time that they don't care about the R&R Hall of Fame but so did Black Sabbath, every band wants their share of recognition even if it's not cool

Do they need Kiss to be inducted to validate their fandom or something? :huh:

Seriously, who bloody cares?

Axver said:
Do they need Kiss to be inducted to validate their fandom or something? :huh:

Seriously, who bloody cares?

It's just a freaking discussion nothing important but I've seen Kiss fans in this forum, few but there are some, and others like myself who started listening to Kiss when they were kids, so next time post in a thread where you actually care because "who bloody cares" right?

Mofo said:

It's just a freaking discussion nothing important but I've seen Kiss fans in this forum, few but there are some, and others like myself who started listening to Kiss when they were kids, so next time post in a thread where you actually care because "who bloody cares" right?

I think you misinterpreted me. My "who bloody cares?" is to the idiots going and protesting because their precious fandom hasn't received an induction that is really relatively meaningless. A band doesn't need such recognition to be good.

Axver said:

I think you misinterpreted me. My "who bloody cares?" is to the idiots going and protesting because their precious fandom hasn't received an induction that is really relatively meaningless. A band doesn't need such recognition to be good.

:| ok my mistake, but like I said no matter what a band says they still want recognition but you are right the R&RHOF is really quite meaningless

GibsonGirl said:
I think it's kind of lame that fans would protest to get a band into the Hall of Fame. Who cares if they're in or not? If you like them, that's all that matters.

that's why they're losers. They cared about it enough to spend a beautiful Saturday "protesting" for something that has less meaning than the lint at the top of my ass crack.

Stay home. Listen to Kiss loud.

or take a nap.

or have sex or masturbate.

or watch "Top Secret" on DVD.

or plant a flower garden.

or cook some nice pasta and sauce.

or just sit and stare into space.

losers.

:mad:

KISS RULES :rockon:

Listen to LOVE GUN from the KISS SYMPHONY album... or SURE KNOW SOMETHING form KISS UNPLUGGED

:drool:

amazing songs... you better believe it :grumpy:

pepokiss said:
:mad:

KISS RULES :rockon:

Listen to LOVE GUN from the KISS SYMPHONY album... or SURE KNOW SOMETHING form KISS UNPLUGGED

:drool:

amazing songs... you better believe it :grumpy:

seeing the responses on this thread I don't think U2 crowds and Kiss/80''s hair band crowds mix well

But Kiss Unplugged is quite good actually I'm not to crazy about the Symphony album

Who actually cares who's in the Hall of Fame other than those in it? I certainly don't give a shit that U2 are in it, let alone anyone else. :huh: It sounds positively mainstream!

To back up yertle's point, the following are all inducted as performers currently:

Clyde McPhatter
Big Joe Turner
The Impressions
Jimmy Reed
Bobby "Blue" Bland
Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
Little Willie John
Gladys Knight and the Pips
The (Young) Rascals
Lloyd Price
Gene Vincent
The Moonglows
Solomon Burke
The Flamingos
Brenda Lee
The Dells

These artists are all more deserving "perfomers" of "Rock and Roll" (I think the induction committee may need to look up the definition of the term in some of these cases...I'm looking right at you Gladys Knight, you're a wonderful singer, but when have you ever "rocked" anything?) than Van Halen, Rush, Kiss, Genesis?

Puh
Leeeze

Back
Top Bottom