Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Strings in pop and rock - the easy way to get a shit song on the radio.

:madspit:

i don't think lit are genuinely a good band, actually. i have a huge sentimental attachment from middle school, someone gave me a lit cd and i liked it and got another. they're a guilty pleasure that i don't even indulge in very often.

Varitek said:

you could start an LS or OOC thread for hobby pictures - your trains, ian's planes and stadiums. if i uploaded pics i'd share baseball pics or something. i'm sure others have picture hobbies...but you'd then have to talk to them and not just superthreaders

I don't know. It's a good idea, but I do enjoy just sharing amongst a small group.

I bet a thread like that will get swamped by "OMG U2 IS MY HOBBYYY LOOK AT MY BAWNO PIX!!!!!!!" :|

i've also only heard their middle two cds, and for some reason amazon won't let me install the plugin to listen to a smaple of the other two...and i can't be bothered to click on each of the songs

It's all pretty good, kind of a lot of the same though as far as late 90s/00s alt -rock is concerned. I really did like the first song a lot though.

Axver said:

I don't know. It's a good idea, but I do enjoy just sharing amongst a small group.

I bet a thread like that will get swamped by "OMG U2 IS MY HOBBYYY LOOK AT MY BAWNO PIX!!!!!!!" :|

you could specify that it's non-bono.

you could also make it only modes of transit to make it more niche. or non-personal things (no cats, tattoos, etc)

Varitek said:

:madspit:

i don't think lit are genuinely a good band, actually. i have a huge sentimental attachment from middle school, someone gave me a lit cd and i liked it and got another. they're a guilty pleasure that i don't even indulge in very often.

I wasn't paying out Lit specifically, I wasn't listening one of their songs. I think there are good pop/rock songs with strings. But I will say that there a lot of downright terrible ones, and they all become radio hits just because they have an orchestra holding A for 3 and a half minutes. It's really frustrating and predictable.

More of the G for Ian.

s640x480

OK, so I just want to post train pics.

bono_212 said:
It's all pretty good, kind of a lot of the same though as far as late 90s/00s alt -rock is concerned. I really did like the first song a lot though.

true. and yeah, that's their best song by a long shot, though miserable still makes me giggle from when i was 12. i'll email it to you if you want.

I see what you're saying SP, sometimes, yeah the strings are unnecessary, but when they belong, they're amazing.

The Sad Punk said:

I wasn't paying out Lit specifically, I wasn't listening one of their songs. I think there are good pop/rock songs with strings. But I will say that there a lot of downright terrible ones, and they all become radio hits just because they have an orchestra holding A for 3 and a half minutes. It's really frustrating and predictable.

fair, i wasn't actually insulted. and i agree. though sometimes i fall for that weepy strings or piano shit. like that vanessa carlton song. i think i played that on the piano at one point. and the 100 years song. i'm a sucker.

Varitek said:

you could specify that it's non-bono.

you could also make it only modes of transit to make it more niche. or non-personal things (no cats, tattoos, etc)

Ah, now that might be a good idea/ Transport/Infrastructure photos. Then Ian can get his stadiums in too.

Varitek said:

true. and yeah, that's their best song by a long shot, though miserable still makes me giggle from when i was 12. i'll email it to you if you want.

if you'd email me the happiness one I'd really appreciate it :D

Regarding strings, on a related note, I really hate it when bands decide to do a "special" concert with an orchestra. See: Metallica, Dream Theater, U2 doing OOTS in Milan.

It is never really that good, and a total wasted effort.

I take pictures of the stupidest crap. Especially food. For some reason I can't resist taking a picture of what I'm eating if I have a camera on me.

bono_212 said:
I see what you're saying SP, sometimes, yeah the strings are unnecessary, but when they belong, they're amazing.

I won't argue with that - strings were integral to a lot of 60s and 70s pop and soul. And they were some of the best songs ever written. :drool: And I like the strings in HMTMKMKM, too. Also some more recent stuff. But in most cases today, it's pretty cheap and unnecessary.

Oh, and you can just call me Bonnie. :)

I'm going to a restaurant, guys. I hope to be back later, but I'll see how things go for time. Have good ones! :wave:

I first used my camera in early January, I think 07/01. From then to now, I have taken 4,142 pictures.

I'm seriously thinking about taking a photography course.

Axver said:
I first used my camera in early January, I think 07/01. From then to now, I have taken 4,142 pictures.

i looped around the numbering of my old camera several times, though it also got dropped and reset a few times. i also had it for like 4 years. i'm still using it despite the new ones; i bring it to drunken events with friends so i don't have to worry as much about it.

Axver said:

:shocked: Fuck me!!

MemoryCard055.jpg

Random food I hate while in Japan

These were NOT french fries like we though :'(
MemoryCard128.jpg

Look at this, I made my friend pose with her pie...I am sick

MemoryCard214.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom