Khan, Rajasthan, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just ruin the thread with these? The Cab Calloway/Prince one is something I never actually realised until I saw the comparison picture. Likewise with Henry Winkler and Andrew Jackson.

Gladly, because I had always had this idea in the back of my head, but never really THOUGHT about it til I saw the two pictures together:

128681654050841482.jpg

Ronnie is the drummer for the Killers.

Oh Bonnie! HEre you go. I just wish it was a real picture of Mr. Lorre. This is another one I've always thought:

steve-buscemi.jpg

Oh Bonnie! HEre you go. I just wish it was a real picture of Mr. Lorre. This is another one I've always thought:

steve-buscemi.jpg

If they were to use the non-caricature, I wouldn't be able to see the comparison. Buscemi is such a strange looking dude, the only thing that could compare is a caricature of some kind.

Hah! That caricature is from one of my favourite cartoons, Hollywood Steps Out.

I can't really see the comparison, though. They're two people that nobody else will ever look like.

I can't really see the comparison, though. They're two people that nobody else will ever look like.

That's your favorite too? ?!?!??! :love: Sometimes I consider going gay for you Bonnie. (joke :uhoh: :shifty: )

Yeah! :love: I know it pretty much line for line.

I'm going out for tea since this is my last night in Adelaide for about a week. Catch you later, gang. :wave:

That and the other Hollywood one I can't remember at the moment. Which one is the one that revolves around Humphrey Bogart? :)drool: ) I'm embarrassed that I need to ask, I'm such a huge Looney Tunes fan.

Have fun :wave:

That cartoon is genius. Subtle, clever pop culture references that don't beat you over the head, and I love the caricatures. Haven't seen that one in ages.

Slick Hare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No this one Mel. Oh man I just love Humphrey Bogart mostly. I loved the caricature of him in this before I even knew who he really was.

That Piggy Bank episode is a favorite as well Mel. Oh God, I could go on and on about different Looney Tunes episodes I love. I think you were the one I was telling about Prest-O Change-O yes?

Slick Hare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No this one Mel. Oh man I just love Humphrey Bogart mostly. I loved the caricature of him in this before I even knew who he really was.

That Piggy Bank episode is a favorite as well Mel. Oh God, I could go on and on about different Looney Tunes episodes I love. I think you were the one I was telling about Prest-O Change-O yes?

It's stunning how many of these cartoons I can recognize from a single frame. They were probably all I watched from age 5 to 10. God, I miss good Cartoon Network. I should spring for Boomerang.

It's stunning how many of these cartoons I can recognize from a single frame. They were probably all I watched from age 5 to 10. God, I miss good Cartoon Network. I should spring for Boomerang.

I've said before that the day I am rich enough to own all of the Oldddd olldddd Disney Cartoons and Looney Tunes cartoons is when I can finally stop working :lol:

I've said before that the day I am rich enough to own all of the Oldddd olldddd Disney Cartoons and Looney Tunes cartoons is when I can finally stop working :lol:

Do they even have all of the episodes on DVD? I would probably buy a set if it was comprehensive enough.

As a side note, I absolutely love that the censors (were there any?) allowed Daffy to use automatic weaponry in The Great Piggy Bank Robbery. He also climbs over a pile of dead carcasses at one point. So much for violence only polluting Generation X, Y, and so on.

Do they even have all of the episodes on DVD? I would probably buy a set if it was comprehensive enough.

I don't know about Disney, I don't think so for them, but Looney Tunes has some great box sets out there. None of them have stuff like Presto Chango though, to my knowledge, which is why I don't find them to be completely comprehensive, but as far as I'm concerned, they're worth it.

Amazon.com: Looney Tunes - Golden Collection, Volume One: Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan, Vincent Price, Stan Freberg, Billy Bletcher, John T. Smith, Richard Bickenbach, June Foray, Bea Benaderet, Michael Kane, Lois Nettleton, Mildred Dunnock, Abe Levito

There's at least six of them out now.

As a side note, I absolutely love that the censors (were there any?) allowed Daffy to use automatic weaponry in The Great Piggy Bank Robbery. He also climbs over a pile of dead carcasses at one point.

There don't seem to have been a lot of censors then, but man, so much great stuff was cut out of the cartoons when they were aired on the WB and such. I was just reading what was cut out of Hollywood Steps Out when it was on the WB and it was stupid stuff like the sight of cigarettes.

I don't know about Disney, I don't think so for them, but Looney Tunes has some great box sets out there. None of them have stuff like Presto Chango though, to my knowledge, which is why I don't find them to be completely comprehensive, but as far as I'm concerned, they're worth it.

Amazon.com: Looney Tunes - Golden Collection, Volume One: Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan, Vincent Price, Stan Freberg, Billy Bletcher, John T. Smith, Richard Bickenbach, June Foray, Bea Benaderet, Michael Kane, Lois Nettleton, Mildred Dunnock, Abe Levito

There's at least six of them out now.

Assuming that each cartoon is about 7 minutes in length, 56 cartoons would net you 392 minutes of animation for $25. That's awesome.

Assuming that each cartoon is about 7 minutes in length, 56 cartoons would net you 392 minutes of animation for $25. That's awesome.

Oh My Jesus! I didn't notice how on sale that was. Last time I checked they were still all at least $50 a pop. I'm dying for it now.

Yeah, they're all in the 20s now, excepting Vol. 6 which is $45.

Dear Lord. I may be about to enter nostalgia heaven. On the other hand. I need to save my money for the tours coming up next year.

Here we go. You REALLY want to take me back to the good old days: Amazon.com: Disney: Donald's Scary Tales (Volume 13): Cartoon Classics: Video I rented this video HUNDREDS of times, and never ended up owning it. It's only got three cartoons on it, but I love them all. The best though, is the second one where Donald buys a bunch of books from some strange door to door salesman, then all of a sudden the stories in the books come to life. It's so surreal as far as children's animation is concerned. I absolutely loved that video, and I believe the first cartoon about a gorilla that torments Donald and the nephews, is where I got the phrase breckinridge from. I don't say it much anymore, but I used to all the time. You really should check that second cartoon out though, if I can find a youtube link of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom