Katatonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I just recently have been getting into these guys after hearing one of their songs on a sampler. Much to my delight, they quite a few songs available on their website as well. I really enjoy the softness of the vocals combined with the loudness of the music.

An old roommate of mine who is a "metalhead" in the truest sense of the word recommended these guys' most recent album, The Great Cold Distance, to me earlier this year. I picked it up because he told me it was his favorite album of the year, and I truthfully haven't been disappointed at all (actually, I've liked it enough that I've ended up cutting the cover off of the cardboard case cover that the cd case came in and hanging it on my wall). There's a subdued feeling to it which is extremely enjoyable to those of us who don't necessarily enjoy the whole "cookie monster" growling thing in metal. It's a surprisingly accessible album, which I think many people here would probably thoroughly enjoy also, whether they enjoy metal or not.
Though they don't sound all that alike, I'd relate their music to how Deftones can also frequently sound quite hardcore yet extremely melodic and almost beautiful at the same time.

Tracks from The Great Cold Distance that I'd recommend (besides just going out and buying the entire album) are:

Leaders
Deliberation
My Twin
July

I have "Dance of December Souls" thanks to a friend, really amazing album

I like the ambients and textures they can create

Bunbury said:

Respect.

JiB, I think you'd really like The Great Cold Distance. Check it out.

After some thinking, Great Cold Distance may very well end up on my year end list. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom