Kardinia Park, Geelong, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we perhaps knock over an undesirable Adelaide suburb and declare it the Domain Of Acceptable Dogs? I can tolerate golden labradors and things like that.

NO STUPID DOGS. No poodles. No bichons. No tiny dogs that a cat could kill by sitting on it.

:hmm:

This would spare us many a controversy!

At least when the cat PM makes a lot of noise in Parliament, the worst that can result is a hairball.

I daresay any tariffs on kitty litter would disappear, too...

Awesome :up: Definitely get your hands on some Rekorderlig, the strawberry and lime one. Speaking of drinks, you wouldn't believe it, but the other day I found a beer that I actually liked! :uhoh: So much that we bought four bottles of it!

That's it, lime and strawberry. Will do!

Zomg! What sort? And how did they make beer not taste like beer?

Bye bye pretty leather furniture. :( He's absolutely gonna mark his territory on that.

At least leather furniture is wipe-able (and hair doesn't stick in it), even if it's vulnerable to clawing... I wonder if Ax and Charlot have thought of their new couch when expressing their desire for a cat. :wink:

Shall we perhaps knock over an undesirable Adelaide suburb and declare it the Domain Of Acceptable Dogs? I can tolerate golden labradors and things like that.

NO STUPID DOGS. No poodles. No bichons. No tiny dogs that a cat could kill by sitting on it.

How big a cat are we talking about here? I've seen some enormous obese ones on American TV shows.

And can I have a bird sanctuary somewhere, which I will use to disguise my attempts to reverse-breed a dinosaur?

(People have done similar things, resurrecting extinct breeds of horses and cattle by selectively breeding existing animals... not sure if it'll work with birds but it's worth a shot!)

Put plastic cover over couch? Cat slips, profit?

Cat may well avoid couch thereafter, win!

I think my friend's brother's cat has been traumatised forever with a balloon... it showed no fear of them at the start of the evening, but after someone bapped a balloon towards the cat, and the cat shot off the coffee table and under a chair at approximately twice the speed of light, it was understandably nervous around them.

And can I have a bird sanctuary somewhere, which I will use to disguise my attempts to reverse-breed a dinosaur?

(People have done similar things, resurrecting extinct breeds of horses and cattle by selectively breeding existing animals... not sure if it'll work with birds but it's worth a shot!)

Castlemaine is yours to do what you please!

Finally, a use for Elizabeth.

I'd never heard of this 360 character until Danny mentioned him the other day... Now his album is featuring on JJJ? Haven't heard any "cunt"s or "faggot"s yet, though.

(And he sounds like a right tosser.)

Kitteh is forgiven and no longer for sale. For now. He has not bitten anyone, not even a play bite since yesterday arvo. He will, however, still bitch at you if you pet him when he doesn't want to be touched.

I have made significant progress with Punk Island. I've narrowed my pool of 200 albums down to around 75 and am currently trying to finagle a way to include all of them. But I'm taking a break from song selection and considering cover art.

Alisaura said:
I'd never heard of this 360 character until Danny mentioned him the other day... Now his album is featuring on JJJ? Haven't heard any "cunt"s or "faggot"s yet, though.

(And he sounds like a right tosser.)

Yeah he cleans it up a bit on officially released stuff. But he's still a talentless hack. And a tosser. I'm sure, without hearing a single second of it, that it is the worst album ever featured on triple j.

Scrolling through my iPod today, I found a band called Lennonburger. Their song is called "Ronald Reagum." Why does this sound like something tuf bono would come up with?

I know I saw another song somewhere actually titled Ronald Raygun, but now I can't find it for the life of me. Not only do I have a crap memory, it makes shit up to confuse me.

So, uh, it's time again for me to find two novels for my paired text in English. I was thinking of reading Crime and Punishment, is this a good choice for this sort of assignment, yes, no? And if so, what is another novel that is similar in theme that would be a good comparison AND is likely to be found in a high school library? Thanks.

I would actually suggest a good comparison would be Dostoevsky's The House Of The Dead with Solzhenitsyn's One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich. I'd bloody hope you could find them, but sadly optimism is probably misguided there.

I'll have a look at the descriptions of both now. Today, when I had a look, the book list had Crime and Punishment, but it wasn't on the shelves at the time, there was, however, The Idiot, which I know little about.

The Idiot is one of the few Dostoevsky novels I have not read.

I would suggest the first and last Specky Magee books, that way you can contrast how Specky has developed both as a person and a footballer.

And read about how "Billy Blackless" once kicked a football over a silo.

In the not-so-unlikely case that I will not be able to acquire either book from the school library, is there anything else that would be good to read for a paired text assignment? I was thinking for a crime sort of theme, and I am very fond of comparing The House of the Dead and One Day in the Life ... I was interested to discover that Solzhenitsyn was a nationalist of sorts.

I would suggest the first and last Specky Magee books, that way you can contrast how Specky has developed both as a person and a footballer.

And read about how "Billy Blackless" once kicked a football over a silo.

I loved those books in primary school. :lol:

I also contemplated borrowing Where's Wally, as I'm sure my English teacher would be excited to see what I could make out of it. :wink:

I don't know what I just read. But the distinct lack of Poland is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom