I'm not ashamed to say I love...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
I was at the George Michael concert where they shot the video for his duet with Elton on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

Should I be ashamed of that?

:| Ashamed? That is awesome! I love that version of the song! Both George and Elton sound amazing in that version. :drool:

corianderstem said:
Classic Stevie is just fantabulous.

"Maybe Your Baby" is just the dirtiest groove ever.
Stevie even does his own female background vocals. Helium? Did they have pitch shifters in 1972?

No spoken words said:
Usually the mentioning of Elton John automatically summons Vintage Punk.

Someone Saved my Life Tonight

:drool:

But, he's another performer that does not fall into the "ashamed" category.

In a way that's very similar to The Douche Siren. :up:

Alas, my computer wasn't working at the time, but at that precise moment I did hum a few bars of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Stevie Wonder, too. I think my all time favourite song by him is I Wish. :drool:

Last edited:
anitram said:

I miiiiiiiiss the raaaaaaaaaains down in Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaafrica.

^

I sang it that way ALWAYS. No kidding.

I saw Toto back in the early 80s.
I saw Def Leppard back around 'Photograph' time. Actually, saw them open for Billy Squier, then they came back and headlined (saw both tours). Then they played a stadium show in San Diego (I think) where Eddie Money was one of the opening bands.

Never saw Elton John, but think I'd go if he came back to L.A. One of my fave songs by him is 'Your Song'. I think I get a little weepy every time.
Bon Jovi will be here in April, and if I can find cheap tickets, I'll check them out. I remember seeing stars at the L.A. 'Elevation Tour' shows as well. I believe Heather Locklear & Richie Sambora were there as well, and Jon Voight if I remember correctly. The stars didn't really "come out" until the lights went off. But I distinctly remember seeing Elvis Costello at the Anaheim shows on that tour. He was in the 'celeb pit/soundboard' area way before the show started. I'd swear he was staring right at me, him in his cowboy-type hat. I :heart: Elvis

No spoken words said:

Why in the world would anyone be ashamed to say they liked EW&F????

I don't know. :shrug: They're very poppy. And pop can be a guilty pleasure sometimes for me.

Jack In The Box said:
90s dance music

I blame my gay friends and our 12 hours parties...
I was recently at a gay-posotive party benefit for some organization....and not to stereotype, but yeah, they sure love their 90s dance music :lol: </stereotype>

As a straight man, am I not allowed to love early 90s eurodance? :uhoh:

Or even these artists/bands...

Depeche Mode
George Michael
Pet Shop Boys
Madonna

Zootlesque said:
As a straight man, am I not allowed to love early 90s eurodance? :uhoh:

Or even these artists/bands...

Depeche Mode
George Michael
Pet Shop Boys
Madonna

I know next to nothing about Depeche Mode or the Pet Shop Boys, and only the hits of George Michael (which I love, especially "Father Figure" :drool: ). However, no one should ever be ashamed of liking Madonna. She's brilliant, but I'm sure you already knew how I feel about her.:wink:

My favorite Madonna song is Live to Tell.

I love that song.

If anyone steps to me about that song, like, when I'm in the streets, doing street things, a fight is inevitable. That's how much I like it.

No spoken words said:
My favorite Madonna song is Live to Tell.

I love that song.

If anyone steps to me about that song, like, when I'm in the streets, doing street things, a fight is inevitable. That's how much I like it.

Mine too. She actually improvised the lyrics to that on the mic. I remember being really shocked when I found that out because she was really just starting to take over her lyric-writing at the time and it seemed so much more mature than anything else she'd written at that point. She always does an amazing live version of it too.:love:

I've never seen her Live. Nor have I heard/seen a Live version. I'd like to, though.

I just know that I've loved that song since I was in HS (I am old).

The song is also sort of tied up, in my head, with the film At Close Range. Damn videos.

Say no more, my friend.

I personally loved the way she performed it on the Blonde Ambition tour back in 1990 and the Confessions Tour last year the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTnpcMDe-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aksk6zbGyrw FYI, on the Confessions one here, the first 3 minutes are 3 of her dancers telling stories of difficult experiences they went through as children, so if you're not interesed you can skip that.

Back
Top Bottom