Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Yup.

How are those essays coming along? :wink:

I HAVE DONE SOME WORK.

I SWEAR.

IT'S REMARKABLE.

And boring. Very, very boring.

Axver said:
Yeeeaaaahhh. Ali (un?)fortunately missed out on what went on in Tittybong.
I thought you guys burned through that thread awfully quickly... I only glanced at the last couple of pages.

That was a truly awesome statsbomb, btw Ian. :bow:

Now I have a Tom Jones song in my head.

coolian2 said:
Tell it to go "fuck" itself.
I tried that. I also tried clicking OK about 5 billion times, to no avail. I should probably restart or something, but everything else seems fine so far...

(famous last words.... cue small explosion from SE suburbs)

Alisaura said:

I thought you guys burned through that thread awfully quickly... I only glanced at the last couple of pages.

Trust me when I say it was one of our more memorable threads for all the wrong reasons.

So very wrong.

Alisaura said:

*watches reference go sailing serenely overhead*

?

Oh, the writing "style" just reminded me of Addicted To Bad's "incoherence".

Axver said:
I HAVE DONE SOME WORK.

I SWEAR.

IT'S REMARKABLE.

And boring. Very, very boring.
Something about peace and democracy? Sounds suspiciously Bonospeechy. Maybe if you included justice and equality....

Alisaura said:

Something about peace and democracy? Sounds suspiciously Bonospeechy. Maybe if you included justice and equality....

:lol:

The topic is: "Critically evaluate the proposition that the spread of liberal democracy will lead to domestic and international peace."

I'm arguing against it; although liberal democracy is a comparatively peaceful model of governance, it is incapable of addressing all violent threads and even creates some of its own.

Alisaura said:

... You're making me curious.

Here's how I explained it to Jen and Bonnie.

Axver said:

Well, it all started with me accusing Liam of sleeping with inanimate objects as per usual. We compared Nicole Kidman to a porcelain doll and stuff like that. At one point, Liam said "I'd hit it" to something, I forget what. I responded "in 5/8?" (i.e. the time signature, referencing a Dream Theater joke, but baiting him with the intention of using it as an age in years). He replied "no, in 13/16", to which I called him a paedophile.

Things rapidly spiralled out of control once Ian made the worst joke in Superthread history: "as long as there is grass on the wicket"!

So what form of government would Axver recommend to the world, in order to address/eliminate voilence? :wink:

Bonnie, I get the feeling there just aren't tonnes of Lovetown pics out there, possibly because it didn't go to America. Which sucks, frankly... bonocomet had some good stuff, I thought. Wait to see what BonoFox might have... ?

Alisaura said:
So what form of government would Axver recommend to the world, in order to address/eliminate voilence? :wink:

Oh, I'm not seeking to condemn democracy. I'm arguing that the democratic peace thesis is at best an overly optimistic dream based on favourably chosen criteria, and at worst overlooks the failings of democracy. No political system could reasonably quell all sources of violence. Democracy does well, but let's not kid ourselves.

Axver said:
Oh, I'm not seeking to condemn democracy. I'm arguing that the democratic peace thesis is at best an overly optimistic dream based on favourably chosen criteria, and at worst overlooks the failings of democracy. No political system could reasonably quell all sources of violence. Democracy does well, but let's not kid ourselves.
Just checking :wink:

liamcool said:

Axy would recommend anarcho-syndicalist communes.

:lol: I was actually perusing the anarchism section of the library at uni yesterday. There's a Tolstoy book there that I really need to read when I have the time.

But I'm a social democrat.

Alisaura said:

Ta... am no longer curious. :happy:

*watches worst joke sail overhead too* No need to enlighten me on tha.... oh damn, never mind.

Wish you hadn't been curious? :wink:

It was hilarious at the time, but so very, very wrong. And somehow it transitioned into postwhorehouse stats! We have such unique ways of seguing between topics here ...

liamcool said:

You refuse to support the political views of Graham Chapman?!

Beyond knowing that he's a Python, that reference just sailed straight past me into the mist.

Alisaura said:

I was thinking more of your usual benevolent dictatorship... the only issue is fighting over which of us gets to be the dictator.

I already have an Axver For Dictator LJ icon. Therefore, I am the dictator.

I bring benevolence: railways, setlists, an abundance of music, and all the chocolate my citizens desire.

Ian, you really have totally poisoned cricket pitch reports for me now! :laugh:

And I was intending to put the IPL on ...

Axver said:

Wish you hadn't been curious? :wink:

It was hilarious at the time, but so very, very wrong. And somehow it transitioned into postwhorehouse stats! We have such unique ways of seguing between topics here ...

I'd been wondering for ages who had the most posts in the Kunstmuseum setlist party. I was looking it up and decided to just do the whole stats thing because i was bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom