Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I hope Richmond won't be as bad as Fitzroy were in their late years. :sad:

It seems like every year one team (or more) only manages to win one game... Fitzroy's troubles were money-related as well as having a shit team. Given the time, any team is bound to improve, but the Lions were forced to merge with Brisbane to stay in the game at all.

Hi Ax and Vlad and Charlotte :wave:

I would like to agitate for the removal of Freo and reinstatement of University.

67-57 to Freo at 3/4 time. The Weagles better come back.

Now I think Charlotte and I are off for tea/hot chocolate ... :wave:

You'd never guess I don't really give a toss. *L* You can't live in Melbourne for any length of time without absorbing some of it... especially not in a house with other people who follow the footy more than you do.

Lots of eye rolls happening eh?

Vega (which isn't called Vega anymore, apparently it's "Classic Rock 91.5", and never mind 104.3 being the original classics station in Melb) was playing more live U2 today... IWF and what I think was the R&H version of Pride. Dunno where the IWF came from... This habit of theirs of playing random live tracks is rather odd. They do it with other artists too... *shrug*

Ooh, also, I have a new toy... shiny new red phone is charging as I type. :D

I sound like such a stupid clueless girl... :doh:

Well, I still know more about rocks than most people, so nyah. :wink:

I guess it's debatable how useful it is to know about football... or rocks for that matter, unless you're actually a geologist (or a football player).

You can still be proud about being such a mastermind in geology terms.

Nah...I haven't been following sports (too much uni) recently and I'm stage managing a show in two weeks so I've had enough theatre for a while. How's you et al?

Not bad, wondering how long it'll take me to get used to a new phone after having my old one for five years... the old one doesn't even have a camera, this new one can do internet stuff. At least I resisted getting a touch phone...
And of course the most important question is, now that I have a phone that can handle "real tone" ringtones... what do I want my ringtone to be? :hmm:

I am kinda tempted to put Mofo on there, but I don't really know how to make ringtones... a friend of mine made a couple out of NLOTH2, maybe I could ask her.

Not bad, wondering how long it'll take me to get used to a new phone after having my old one for five years... the old one doesn't even have a camera, this new one can do internet stuff. At least I resisted getting a touch phone...
And of course the most important question is, now that I have a phone that can handle "real tone" ringtones... what do I want my ringtone to be? :hmm:

Ooh, what did you get? And touch phones are the suck - nothing like smudging a screen and breaking it quickly, right?

You want God Defend New Zealand as your ringtone. Or the Teletubbies theme.

Ooh, what did you get? And touch phones are the suck - nothing like smudging a screen and breaking it quickly, right?

You want God Defend New Zealand as your ringtone. Or the Teletubbies theme.

A Nokia E63, I think... something like that. It's got the QWERTY keypad thing, which will be fun... I am relieved it still fits in the little phone pocket on my bag, since it's quite wide.
Yeah, I hate smudging screens, and I imagine that if you did crack the screen, it would become immediately useless. As opposed to just "oh bugger, I suppose I should think about getting a new phone, at least this one still works in the mean time".

Haha... and UGH. I don't even know what the Teletubbies theme sounds like, but no thanks!

I am kinda tempted to put Mofo on there, but I don't really know how to make ringtones... a friend of mine made a couple out of NLOTH2, maybe I could ask her.

With my phone (A Nokia N97 - yes, Vodafone got me with their cheap tricks) I just connected with USB and copy and pasted into the "sounds" folder, then went to the media player on the phone and it was all there. I presume it's similar?

With my phone (A Nokia N97 - yes, Vodafone got me with their cheap tricks) I just connected with USB and copy and pasted into the "sounds" folder, then went to the media player on the phone and it was all there. I presume it's similar?

Yeah, I'm sure it's something like that. I have a feeling I'll have to get a cable to connect it to the comp though. Yay accessories... Does the phone automatically clip the song down for the ringtone, or will it play the whole song if you let it keep ringing?

That's basically my life right now, sadly. I spent a good 40 hours at uni last week - nine of them in class. Study :(

I'm okay, I guess. Hungover as all hell and I feel awful as a result, but I'll survive.

Erk... exams coming up?

I have more sympathy for people with hangovers since I got food poisoning! I know it's not quite the same thing, but besides that and seasickness a couple of years ago, I hadn't thrown up since I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom