Has anyone seen any great summer concerts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2valleygirl

Refugee
I have seen two concerts this summer. The first one was LIVE. They played House of Blues in Anaheim. They are such an amazing band. I have been a fan since the beginning. They always ROCK!! Something about this band that is so inspiring. They are true artists. Melodic rock with a hard edge. The band have always been huge U2 fans and are constantly inpired by them. They came out with a lot of new material. Birds of Prey(their latest album) is really growing on me. Shit Town is one of my favorite Live songs. There are so many though. On their website Chad the lead guitarist writes a diary of his experiences of day to day touring. It's fascinating.

The other show that I saw was No Doubt. It was great to see Gwen again. It really brought back memories of seeing her rock in the 2nd leg of Elevation. Some of their music brings me back to the 80's in a weird way. I am around the same age as Gwen so a lot of what she listened to growing up, I listened to as well. Gwen was very theatrical. Used lots of props. I wish they would come out with some new stuff. My favorites were Sunday Morning and the 80's cover of It's My Life.

I would have liked to have seen Prince but missed that. So tell me what great concerts have you seen and are there ant LIVE fans out there?

I've seen:

The Shins :drool:
RUSH :wink:

You can see concert reviews for both in my journal. I'll be going to The Cure's concert festival, Curiosa, later this summer. :up:

I also saw The Shins, along with the opening band The Fiery Furnaces. Both bands rocked. :up:

I'm also a Live fan, but I've never seen them...uh...live. Hehe. :D Their performance on MTV Unplugged is one of my favorites, though.

Ive really only seen a couple shows this summer, (slacker)

The Wrens
My Morning Jacket

both were exceptional though

Im seeing Ted Leo monday...

I have only been to one so far.
Jesse Malin
next week I am seeing DMB

Shows coming up that I would like to go to:
Ted Leo
The Finn Brothers
Sonic Youth
The Cure, Interpol, etc.
Camera Obscura

Speaking of Live, I saw them twice in the same day three years ago. They played a big radio festival in DC and at the show they announced they would be playing a free show later that night at 9:30 club in DC. I took off towards the end of their set and went to the 9:30 club. They came on around midnight and played for well over 2 hours. AWESOME. Lead singer left the stage, ran up stairs and started signing in the middle of the crowd. Great show that night.

I must be out of the loop but I have never heard of the Shins. I will give them a listen. Maybe I have heard their music on alt. radio and just don't know it.

i haven't been to a show since late may (andrew wk)

live are good live. holy shit, i saw them 4 years ago already? wow...time flys...

the shins are great, and i'm still wishing i could have gone to see them when they played in boston last march.

i was going to go to see streelight manifesto/big d & the kids table and 3 other ska-punk type bands tonight, but plans fell through.

next week, however, i'm more than likely going to a zydeco festival, and the following day to a scottish festival. enter the haggis (from toronto) are playing the scottish festival, which i'm really looking forward to. they were good last year, but they were better last march when they played an irish festival-type show.

i would like to go to either the regular warped tour date in boston, or the reunion show the day after. there are a lot of crappy bands playing, but bad religion, flogging molly, tiger army, and the bouncing souls alone would be well worth the price of the ticket. lars frederiksen can kiss my ass.

i was planning on seeing broken social scene in august, but apparently that show has been cancelled :down:

Back
Top Bottom