Give In To Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I was listening to MJ's Dangerous this evening after ages and had to do a double take on this song. Give In To Me. It's probably my favorite on the album with haunting verses, a powerful chorus and some killer guitar by Slash of GNR & VR fame. How fucking cool is the outro??? Maybe it's the slow grind and the rock feel that makes this song so attractive, I'm not sure. Have I made you guys nostalgic about 1992 yet?

"Give In To Me" is cool, but not on my favs from "Dangerous".
I read one day that MJ wanted this song to be a duet with Madonna, but she refused cause she wanted the video to be her dressed as a man and MJ as a woman. :giggle:

That was a pretty good song. Was Black or White on Dangerous? That's a pretty killer song.

I remember when his videos premiered on TV (was it on FOX? I can't remember). It was a big deal. Remember the time was a hot one...I'm almost tempted to dig up that album again.

Oh and In Living Color did a hilarious parody of Black or White!

Oh, that's right ... Black and White was the one where he humped himself on a car and smashed all the windows after the song actually ended.

:huh:

corianderstem said:
Oh, that's right ... Black and White was the one where he humped himself on a car and smashed all the windows after the song actually ended.

:huh:

:lol:!!!

I haven't really seen that part but have heard about it. They censored that part of the video on MTV Asia but I doubt it was that risque that it had to be cut. :rolleyes:

It wasn't so much risque as a big, giant, WTF???

It doesn't matter if you're black or white! Now excuse me as I leap onto the roof of a car, dance around, grab my crotch, yell a lot, and smash the car's windows with a baseball bat!

JAMON!!!! Hee!!!!

corianderstem said:
It doesn't matter if you're black or white! Now excuse me as I leap onto the roof of a car, dance around, grab my crotch, yell a lot, and smash the car's windows with a baseball bat!

JAMON!!!! Hee!!!!

:lmao:

I do remember that bit now! Think I saw it much later.

I don't know the song you're talking about, but I always liked the song "Who Is It?" Is it on Dangerous?

corianderstem said:

JAMON!!!! Hee!!!!

:lol: wow i have nothing to say after that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
He jumped the shark after thriller...:|

Wow. I couldn't disagree more.

"Bad" was a great record...'Bad', 'The Way You Make Me Feel', 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You, 'Man In The Mirror', 'Dirty Diana', 'Smooth Criminal', 'Leave Me Alone'...all classics.

"Dangerous"? 'Jam', 'In The Closet', 'Remember The Time', 'Black Or White', 'Who Is It', 'Give In To Me', 'Will You Be There(Free Willy Theme)', all classics.

"History/Disc 2"? 'Scream', 'They Don't Care About Us', 'Stranger In Moscow', 'Earth Song', 'You Are Not Alone'? All classics.

"Invincible"? Now that's when he jumped the shark.

MJ still manages to sell more albums than most people, even with all the scandals and without proper promotion. Many artists would wish to have a "flop" like him.
I agree that Dangerous was his finest work. I wish he would have gone back to that. Invincible was badly overproduced and lyrically pathetic. The only track I really enjoy is Whatever happens with Carlos Santana.

corianderstem said:

JAMON!!!! Hee!!!!

:lmao:

The Free Willy theme just dominated the radio that summer. I hated it. Add to it the fact it was related to a movie called Free Willy and, well...

namkcuR said:

Wow. I couldn't disagree more.

"Bad" was a great record...'Bad', 'The Way You Make Me Feel', 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You, 'Man In The Mirror', 'Dirty Diana', 'Smooth Criminal', 'Leave Me Alone'...all classics.

"Dangerous"? 'Jam', 'In The Closet', 'Remember The Time', 'Black Or White', 'Who Is It', 'Give In To Me', 'Will You Be There(Free Willy Theme)', all classics.

"History/Disc 2"? 'Scream', 'They Don't Care About Us', 'Stranger In Moscow', 'Earth Song', 'You Are Not Alone'? All classics.

"Invincible"? Now that's when he jumped the shark.

I was pleasantly suprised by 'Man in the Mirror', but he just became a parody of himself(or something) by that time.

I thought Dangerous came out in '91?

Either way, it's Michael Jackson's last great album.

History Disc 2 has a good collection of songs and Invincible has 1 or 2 good tracks, I hope his comeback is good.

And he doesn't molest anymore little boys, but we can all be dreamers.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I thought Dangerous came out in '91?

Yeah but I remember most of the videos including the one for Give In To Me from '92. :wink:

There's something about you baby that makes me want to give it to you! :dance:

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom