Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get the Done, but with errors on the page. notification with IE on interference only? I constantly get that and have no clue if it's just me.

I've honestly no idea what you're referring to here, so I'm guessing Firefox 2 is cool with everything.

Pretend that you're having an affair. Lock your boyfriend out of the house and sit on your bed tentatively with the lamplight on while he tries to break in through the window. It can't fail. Also hire actors to be your fake Other Halves (they can sleep in the spare room, or join in if you so want).

Stop watching the tape.

SHIT GUYS.

My boyfriend and I have our 1 year anniversary coming on the 24th, and neither of us know how to celebrate.

What is there to do besides going to a nice restaurant and having sex?

Er, sex after the restaurant, not at it.

Well, do something romantic? Like, take a walk on the beach around sunset? Do something one of you(or both) has always wanted to do? Go to a zoo or museum or whatever tickles your fancy?

See, I just remember all the stupid relationship quibbles when I was with Kate, and I see people in relationships managing to make issues and arguments out of nothing, over things that would never bother them if any other friend did it ... and I just don't see it as being worth it.

Plus I'd be totally useless in a relationship. It'd be just like every other friendship I have, plus sex, and cooking for more than one person on a regular basis. I mean, can anybody here seriously imagine me being Mr Romance? No, I didn't think so.

I know the feeling. My dad is getting worse and worse each day with his hissyfits. I just want to smack him in the face and tell him to stop making a problem out of EVERYTHING. Pity that won't work. :crack:

Well, I could live with someone cooking for me. :sexywink:

And you can work on the romance thing, y'know.. it's not just something you are, it's something you want to be.

Like, take a walk on the beach around sunset?

Heh. How far from the beach are you, Chass? 12 hours? I recall Franklin being about 10.

(What a mindfuck that was for me. Everywhere I've lived, I've been able to get to the sea in 20 minutes or less. Hell, I could even see the sea from where I lived 2003-06; ironically, it was also the furthest I'd ever lived from the sea.)

What, it says I had Firefox2 this whole time. Oh well, I guess I'll check out Firefox3 and see if fucks up for me as well. It didn't on my Adelaide computer.

I know the feeling. My dad is getting worse and worse each day with his hissyfits. I just want to smack him in the face and tell him to stop making a problem out of EVERYTHING. Pity that won't work. :crack:

Well, I could live with someone cooking for me. :sexywink:

And you can work on the romance thing, y'know.. it's not just something you are, it's something you want to be.

Ha, my father can be the same way sometimes. If anybody's got a problem with something, it'll be him. And it feels like the closer you are to him, the more likely he is to be an Assver Senior to you.

The romance thing doesn't work for at least three good reasons:
1. I have the least romantic voice EVER.
2. I'm not exactly interested in cutesy, sappy crap.
3. ... I'm Axver. Come on.

Well, do something romantic? Like, take a walk on the beach around sunset? Do something one of you(or both) has always wanted to do? Go to a zoo or museum or whatever tickles your fancy?
There's nothing like that to do here. My city SUCKS. We have a pretty river, but this time of year it's freezing to get that close to the water. And there are no interesting museums to speak of. Just a quilt museum, and a couple of super dinky art galleries.

I'm now thinking, maybe dinner at a nice restaurant, and then maybe some sweet alone time. A blanket and pillows on the floor, candles since there's no fireplace, and wine and dessert.

I really want to have this, since it's my first real relationship after too many meaningless ones.

Heh. How far from the beach are you, Chass? 12 hours? I recall Franklin being about 10.

(What a mindfuck that was for me. Everywhere I've lived, I've been able to get to the sea in 20 minutes or less. Hell, I could even see the sea from where I lived 2003-06; ironically, it was also the furthest I'd ever lived from the sea.)

:uhoh: Ah I forgot about that. Well, errr... riverside? :uhoh:

I can be at the beach in about 15 minutes or 20 or so aswell. Tho it's not really sea since it's half sweet half salt water, being in the polder. But it's a beach anyway.

All very valid points. Seriously, you gotta hear this guy. He sounds like a grown up poindexter!

There's nothing like that to do here. My city SUCKS. We have a pretty river, but this time of year it's freezing to get that close to the water. And there are no interesting museums to speak of. Just a quilt museum, and a couple of super dinky art galleries.

I'm now thinking, maybe dinner at a nice restaurant, and then maybe some sweet alone time. A blanket and pillows on the floor, candles since there's no fireplace, and wine and dessert.

I really want to have this, since it's my first real relationship after too many meaningless ones.

The fake affair's still staring you in the face, you know.

Ha, my father can be the same way sometimes. If anybody's got a problem with something, it'll be him. And it feels like the closer you are to him, the more likely he is to be an Assver Senior to you.

Fathers are assholes. It's the only realistic conclusion.

What does a voice matter? It's not about the voice, it's about the gesture.
Find a girl who isn't interested in that either. Like, if anyone tried to do that shit with me I'd punch them in the face and told them to get a life. I HATE that kinda shit. And I'm not the only one.
And the last one, well, can't do anything about that!

Fathers are assholes. It's the only realistic conclusion.

What does a voice matter? It's not about the voice, it's about the gesture.
Find a girl who isn't interested in that either. Like, if anyone tried to do that shit with me I'd punch them in the face and told them to get a life. I HATE that kinda shit. And I'm not the only one.
And the last one, well, can't do anything about that!

She's right. I don't think you should give up on romance, Ax. But I can understand why it's not your first priority and might not be for a while. I feel the same way right now.

Travel to Paris. Or come to Amsterdam and I'll show you around. What's more romantic than seeing the famous Amsterdam hookers together?

Oh and as far as romance goes... my boyfriend and I can manage to be romantic with eachother while being completely kinky and being almost mean to each other.. but in a nice teasing kind of way. We're just like that. Cliched loveydovey stuff is too cheesy for either of us to enjoy.

I've also just decided that I should write him a love letter though. I did that on Valentine's Day.

She's right. I don't think you should give up on romance, Ax. But I can understand why it's not your first priority and might not be for a while. I feel the same way right now.

:love: Finally, someone says I'm right! I've been waiting 20 years to hear that! :love:

No seriously, you got exactly what I meant. :) I don't care much for a relationship right now either, and in my surroundings people sometimes ask me why I don't have a bf, and such, and when I tell them I don't care for it right now cause I"m busy with school they don't get it. People just don't understand that some people don't mind being alone I guess. I mean, ofcourse I'd love to be in a relationship, but as it goes now I only fall for men who are already WAY too far in a comitted relationship to ever break that up, so I'll just wait till I find someone right I guess.. until then I'll survive..

Oh and as far as romance goes... my boyfriend and I can manage to be romantic with eachother while being completely kinky and being almost mean to each other.. but in a nice teasing kind of way. We're just like that. Cliched loveydovey stuff is too cheesy for either of us to enjoy.

I've also just decided that I should write him a love letter though. I did that on Valentine's Day.

Well then... how about some chocolate sauce which you can cover his body in and torture him by licking it all off slowly?

If Chass doesn't, I will gladly take up your offer.

Sure. If you're paying. And you can figure out how to get us both there and back when neither of us have passports :p

Uh, I think Bonnie wins here. :uhoh: seeing as I just got a Macbook my funds are a bit low atm.
and the passport thing is easy, get Bono and his private jet and he'll pay people to shut up about your passports.

srsly, why don't you have one? :scratch:

All very valid points. Seriously, you gotta hear this guy. He sounds like a grown up poindexter!

If you think I'm bad, you should meet this guy I had tutorials with. He sounds like he never actually grew up, and is trying to project this nerdy 12 year old's voice out of a 21 year old's body. It's fucking classic, especially when he gets excitable and know-it-allish. Makes me look comparatively mild! Always a welcome thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom