Gaga, Pakistan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D

wikipedia said it was a scottish band. can't find any info on google about them though so i guess they were a bunch of nobodies. kinda like how i assume the us bands squeeze and the beat were, requiring each of the more-popular brit bands to be uk squeeze (though only for their first album i think) and english beat over here.
Yes!!! UK Squeeze, it was really hard to remember to just call them Squeeze. Thankfully the "English" Beat never caught on here.

Yes!!! UK Squeeze, it was really hard to remember to just call them Squeeze. Thankfully the "English" Beat never caught on here.
gah, lucky. luckily squeeze were able to drop the uk early on here at least, so people know them as that. i've got a couple lps of theirs, i think only the first album was uk squeeze. but english beat, gah, that's all they were known as here. i'm glad these days it seems bands don't have to do that shit, being known as different bands all over the world.

though now there is the raconteurs/saboteurs...

ooh, borg's hard
therethere.gif
have a brownie :)

through agassi.

6-4, 6-7, 6-1, 6-4

arsed up a 4-1 lead in the second, but through ok.

Agassi's easier than Lendl, huh? Maybe it's just the relief of being off clay ...

Ah well, after fucking up that final set against Borg, I may call it a night. I just started another game, but he took the first set 7-6, the prick.

therethere.gif
have a brownie :)

i'd rather keep nibbling on your ear, if that's okay.

Agassi's easier than Lendl, huh? Maybe it's just the relief of being off clay ...

Ah well, after fucking up that final set against Borg, I may call it a night. I just started another game, but he took the first set 7-6, the prick.

yeah. i fucking hate clay.

yeah. i fucking hate clay.

My one tip for Borg is that you really have to play the net and angle your shots sharply to get points. He is SO FUCKING QUICK that if you are playing from the baseline, he will get almost anything. Advance in on the net, angle one shot sharply left, wait for his return, and angle your next shot sharp right (or vice versa).

It's funny, clay was my favourite surface until Lendl and Borg came along. Now I definitely prefer the hard courts.

Anyway, I'm out. Night folks. :wave:

ignore the uppercase, that's just how the weather service types their crap.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Memphis, TN
5:58 am CST, Sat., Jan. 30, 2010

... MAJOR WINTER STORM WINDING DOWN ACROSS THE MID SOUTH...

WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE TO TAPER OFF THIS MORNING ACROSS THE MID SOUTH AND ANY ADDITIONAL SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LIGHT. HOWEVER... IMPACTS FROM THIS WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE TO BE FELT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

ROADS ACROSS THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE MID SOUTH WILL BE CONTINUE TO BE TREACHEROUS TODAY AND TRAVEL IS HIGHLY DISCOURAGED. ALSO... AREAS THAT HAVE RECEIVED SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATIONS... INCLUDING THE MEMPHIS METROPOLITAN AREA... COULD CONTINUE TO HAVE SNAPPING TREE BRANCHES WHICH COULD RESULT IN ADDITIONAL POWER OUTAGES TODAY.

COLD AIR WILL CONTINUE TO FUNNEL INTO THE MID SOUTH TODAY WITH TEMPERATURES IN THE 20S AND LOWER 30S WITH WIND CHILLS MAINLY IN THE TEENS. TEMPERATURES WILL FALL INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS TONIGHT AND ONLY RECOVER INTO THE 20S AND 30S ON SUNDAY.

:)

6-3, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 3-6

fuck. i only dropped serve outside of a tie break in the fifth set. arse. it doesn't help i was only 2/13 on converted break points. 167 points won each, it was my 10 unforced errors that fucked me. that, and my serve fell apart late. he had 94 aces! i only had 70.

Sure, sure, you may be two hours ahead, but you're also twenty years behind. I'll stick with Melbourne time. :tongue:

But first you need to step back to the 1930s in Queensland ...

Checking in from the country. Home of the famous RavenBlue 'double posts' of the past.

How is everyone

:lol: You temporarily stranded on dial-up?

I'm not too shabby, and yourself?

And hey Vlad, how's it going with you too?

Back
Top Bottom