Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vladdikins, would your parental units wig out if you received a Christmas card from a friend in America?

Alright, Last.fm guru, how do I get it to scrobble everything I've listened to since October 2009?

Oh you last.fm n00bz!

181593 plays since 31 Jul 2005

But we all knew I listen to too much music already.

Also, apparently there was a problem with last.fm scrobbling the other day for Windows users due to some iTunes update. Looks like you're sorted, Vlad, but anybody who's using an old iTunes, if you're having scrobbling issues, download the latest version of iTunes and all should be good.

Alright, Last.fm guru, how do I get it to scrobble everything I've listened to since October 2009?

You don't.

I lost 8.5 months of data because I was listening to music on a computer not connected to the Internet ... I actually had last.fm on it and I thought the plays were caching, but when I connected it to the Internet, alas! So in the absence of a cache of plays, there's nothing you can do except manually add plays, an imprecise business at best.

I have a compulsive need to wipe all my listening data and start fresh, cause while I'm obsessed with Green Day, my last.fm profile is...well...slightly embarrassing...

I hate my top artists of all time list. Not at all representative of my current listening, hence my use of last 12 months as the default chart. I'm pleased whenever I see an artist get past Dream Theater on the all time list, but it happens all too infrequently.

Actually, looking at my top artists of all time again, the only two artists who aren't really represented in my current listening are U2 and Dream Theater, and I'll still spin U2 occasionally (I haven't played a single DT song in over 18 months). Otherwise, it's pretty good. But that "4. Dream Theater" thing just makes me cringe every time I look.

Well, my top three artists are Green Day, U2 and Christina Aguilera, which doesn't reflect AT ALL what I've been listening to for the past year, but the damn thing won't scrobble to reflect my new tastes, hence the desire to wipe everything.

Want sleep so bad.

Oh well, will have to see Muse again instead.

:D

:crack:

Daniel, that must have been an epic gig in Sydney! Great note to end on. :up: Am hoping for anything close to that good in Perth, but not holding my breath.

I am glad I've got these other gigs in between U2 ones, helps to break things up a bit.

Ah, eidetic memory, whatever would I do without you? :D Listened to one song from my DI list and the rest came flowing back. My track listings are all out the window, except for a few random notes I scribbled elsewhere than the notebook my brother decided to destroy, but at least I've got all my tracks back.

Want sleep so bad.

Oh well, will have to see Muse again instead.

:D

:crack:

Daniel, that must have been an epic gig in Sydney! Great note to end on. :up: Am hoping for anything close to that good in Perth, but not holding my breath.

I am glad I've got these other gigs in between U2 ones, helps to break things up a bit.
I'm so jealous you guys get to go to so many epic gigs.

Saving up your vacation days to take a month off and go see a bunch of concerts? Simply unheard of in the industrious States, especially here in Utah, where going to see live music is practically a sin.

:hug:

Glad you at least remembered the track order, Jess!

And you so need to live somewhere else besides Utah. I hear Melbourne's nice... :hmm:

I wish I could have taken the whole month off! This gig/work/gig/work/gig on a work day thing is making me dead. But I'll die happy, dammit!!

:hug:

Glad you at least remembered the track order, Jess!

And you so need to live somewhere else besides Utah. I hear Melbourne's nice... :hmm:

I wish I could have taken the whole month off! This gig/work/gig/work/gig on a work day thing is making me dead. But I'll die happy, dammit!!
Sure! Find me $3K, a passport, a visa, a flat and a job and I'm there!

:ohmy: Don't die, Ali! How else will I get C'maine Rock?

Also, I just read this thread title as "Frying Fish Cove". Tired/hungry much?

Go have a nap and/or a snack. :hug:

Last.fm's not an option for me until I has my comp online again. Which will happen as soon as everything else stops happening.

I will leave you copious amounts of C'maine Rock in my will, Jess. :hug:

I think I will have gyoza for dinner again as I go through Crown. :up: I hope Biffy Clyro won't be offended if I sleep through their set.

*goneburgers*

Yes. Don't judge me by what I listen to... :uhoh:

Green Day. :evil: Nah, I won't, after all, I'm prone to enjoying Coldplay on occasions.

Vladdikins, would your parental units wig out if you received a Christmas card from a friend in America?

No, because you'd be sending it to my email, not theirs. :lol: I wouldn't mind at all.

Well, uh ...

Oh you last.fm n00bz!

181593 plays since 31 Jul 2005

But we all knew I listen to too much music already.

Also, apparently there was a problem with last.fm scrobbling the other day for Windows users due to some iTunes update. Looks like you're sorted, Vlad, but anybody who's using an old iTunes, if you're having scrobbling issues, download the latest version of iTunes and all should be good.

I'm sure you long to surpass the users with 400,000+ plays. I know people who know they are out there. :shifty:

You don't.

I lost 8.5 months of data because I was listening to music on a computer not connected to the Internet ... I actually had last.fm on it and I thought the plays were caching, but when I connected it to the Internet, alas! So in the absence of a cache of plays, there's nothing you can do except manually add plays, an imprecise business at best.

The cached plays only last for two weeks.

I have a compulsive need to wipe all my listening data and start fresh, cause while I'm obsessed with Green Day, my last.fm profile is...well...slightly embarrassing...

You don't really need to, it's not that necessary.

Green Day. :evil: Nah, I won't, after all, I'm prone to enjoying Coldplay on occasions.

No, because you'd be sending it to my email, not theirs. :lol: I wouldn't mind at all.

Well, uh ...

I'm sure you long to surpass the users with 400,000+ plays. I know people who know they are out there. :shifty:

The cached plays only last for two weeks.

You don't really need to, it's not that necessary.
Too late! But now I'm worried I'll give away my DI track listing with my scrobbles. Hafta mix some stuff that's not on the list in there. Yeah.

So long since I've been here, stupid college and exams and everything...

Anyway I saw on RYM that Ax had reviewed Christmas it made me laugh and I decided to come here, too bad no one's around :sad:

I've been fine, on holidays and uh, listening to a bit too much music :)uhoh:) and I passed 10k plays on last.fm just today. My computer also got infected by a trojan a few days ago. Good times.

And you?

I've been going insane, stressed from exams and it's only my second one :lol: no job lined up for next year which means I'm pretty much screwed and everything else to do with life :lol:

and 10k plays :tsk: I'm nearly 57k catch up :wink:

You should see my start date. :tsk:

Ugh, exams, no description needs to be made on their effect on one person. I feel like such a greedy bastard on holidays even if I spent half the day pulling out the damn weeds in my backyard and alfresco, my hands still kind of hurt. :mad:

Hope you survive these exams and manage to score yourself a good job. :pray:

What's your last.fm again? :lol:

Yeah me too, I've had two interviews got rejected for both. The first interview went so bad they hated me the second they saw me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom