Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
Which is when we would've called on you for action. :wink:
:lol: although there's not much i could've done. i can't see who votes in polls, and even if sicy looked, if no alters were used, then essentially they would've acted legitimately. oh well, it's a non-issue now.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

s640x480

Y class shunter and VLocity railcars at Spencer Street Station. :drool:

Axver said:
I'd love to go over there to ride the bullet trains, but it's the crowds that deter me. But if the trains aren't bad, then maybe I can motivate myself to go through the crowds everywhere else, as I'd really love to do a few bullet train trips.
i personally think the bullet trains sound awesome, crowds be damned :drool:

Axver said:

I'd love to go over there to ride the bullet trains, but it's the crowds that deter me. But if the trains aren't bad, then maybe I can motivate myself to go through the crowds everywhere else, as I'd really love to do a few bullet train trips.

Well, the local trains on weekdays are insanely crowded...you'd need to avoid....but the bullet train out from Tokyo to like Hakone or Osaka or whatnot...nice and comfy, not too crowded.

No spoken words said:

Well, the local trains on weekdays are insanely crowded...you'd need to avoid....but the bullet train out from Tokyo to like Hakone or Osaka or whatnot...nice and comfy, not too crowded.

The cities and railway stations sound pretty intense though. I find Melbourne bad enough!

phanan said:

I'd love to sneak in my SLR camera for that.

Gotta love the bleachers...

you don't have to sneak in a camera, they'll let you in with it.

they also will let you in with food, little knwon fact. us season ticket holders know all the good takeout places in the fens.

:drool: el pelon
:drool: hidyun

also there are supurb korean, japanese and tatpas sit-down places on brookline ave. let me know if you ever want a recomendation.

coolian2 said:
Fuck trains! They're taking over short air travel. Short air travel is at SuperWin levels.

Fuck air travel! I'm glad to see the railway getting some of its own back. It's more convenient, more enjoyable, more safe, and more environmentally friendly. :up:

Planes have their uses. But not in competition with trains.

I was actually going to get him a link until he slagged off the trains. :tsk:

No spoken words said:
Airports FTL.

ETA - Waiting in lines at Airports FTL. Airports themselves are cool.
:shrug: i always have like fucking early flights so i never have to wait in line. not even in security. of course it probably helps that we have smallest, most ghetto, most laughable airport for a city that's a hub of northwest airlines.

Varitek said:

you don't have to sneak in a camera, they'll let you in with it.

they also will let you in with food, little knwon fact. us season ticket holders know all the good takeout places in the fens.

:drool: el pelon
:drool: hidyun

also there are supurb korean, japanese and tatpas sit-down places on brookline ave. let me know if you ever want a recomendation.

Fuck, really? Well then shit, it's with me the next visit.

You're a season ticket holder? I'm officially jealous.

ax i've taken overnight trains on 3 continents and 1 subcontinent. they rank:

1. euro sleeper car
2. amtrak 1st class (we got a free upgrade)
3. thai 2nd class
4. amtrak 2nd class (fucking closet, i'd have rather been in real seats almost)
6. indian 2nd class ac (dirty loud dirty loud dirty and i got conjunctivitis and i think the food made me sick but it coulda been something else i ate around the same day)
6. euro with just a seat in a 6-seat compartment. man that is a fucking stiff neck unless you get extremely lucky and get 2 seats across from each other to yourself. but that never happens
8. euro on an open car with a bunch of teenagers returning from a concert

phanan said:

Fuck, really? Well then shit, it's with me the next visit.

You're a season ticket holder? I'm officially jealous.

yeah i posted my view a few pages back, here

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4948/dsc09415yz8.jpg

we got in in 2003, october, right after the sox got knocked out, cause we realized we were going to 30 games a year and struggling to collect all the playoff tickets. this was long before the schilling and arod things, which created the waiting list.

Varitek said:
ax i've taken overnight trains on 3 continents and 1 subcontinent. they rank:

1. euro sleeper car
2. amtrak 1st class (we got a free upgrade)
3. thai 2nd class
4. amtrak 2nd class (fucking closet, i'd have rather been in real seats almost)
6. indian 2nd class ac (dirty loud dirty loud dirty and i got conjunctivitis and i think the food made me sick but it coulda been something else i ate around the same day)
6. euro with just a seat in a 6-seat compartment. man that is a fucking stiff neck unless you get extremely lucky and get 2 seats across from each other to yourself. but that never happens
8. euro on an open car with a bunch of teenagers returning from a concert

Hah, I'm amused #3 is ahead of #4. Though not all too surprised.

The last one sounds like very bad news.

Also, I'm very jealous. Especially as I've done barely any long distance train trips.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:shrug: i always have like fucking early flights so i never have to wait in line. not even in security. of course it probably helps that we have smallest, most ghetto, most laughable airport for a city that's a hub of northwest airlines.

not if you're doing a northeastern city-to-city communte early isn't no lines. early is full of business people for bos-ny-philly-dc. ugh. nothing worse than waking up 4 hours before you're used to to stand for nearly an hour in a security line and worry that you'll miss yoru flight.

coolian2 said:
Btw, when i'm in Christchurch in a month or so i'm taking the train to Greymouth.

:drool:

Just don't fall off the observation carriage when you go over Staircase Viaduct.

Though if you see Bracewell, go ahead and give him a push. :up:

Axver said:

Hah, I'm amused #3 is ahead of #4. Though not all too surprised.

The last one sounds like very bad news.

Also, I'm very jealous. Especially as I've done barely any long distance train trips.

well the thai thing was just so pleasant. i mean earplugs were more necessary cause it wasnt a private compartment, but the bed was bigger, the sheets may very well have been cleaner, and i didnt feel super claustrophobic. then, i might feel differently now, the amtrak 2nd class was the first time i'd ever done sleeper, but i remember the upper bunk just being tiny and confining and incredibly uncomfortable, and there was no room to move in the compartment. whereas euro 2nd class was roomy enough and the thais have curtains and not doors to the compartments so it didnt feel as confined, even if it was less secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom