Euro 2008 --> The Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most probably at home, because I have work to do. I will save the Fan Zone for another day with some of my friends. I'm not the biggest football fan around, but when it comes to events like this, I'm usually excited. Can't wait to see how the match Austria-Croatia will end up tonight.

depending on how Croatia play tonight i would say they could be dark horses.

Trip,

did they mess with your username too !!?

wow, after all I´m not the only one..

:lol: I think you're thinking of a different poster maybe? TripThroughYoureWires or something? Cos I know there are 2 like that.

Just turned TV on for Austria Croatia! :hyper:

Croatia's leading, they scored their first goal within 15 minutes into the game.
Austria was just starting to show some skills right before the break.

:|

I'm rather pessimistic, but who knows, maybe we're in for a surprise.

I was in the city today for a walk, it's CRAZY!

Croatia's leading, they scored their first goal within 15 minutes into the game.
Austria was just starting to show some skills right before the break.

:|

I'm rather pessimistic, but who knows, maybe we're in for a surprise.

I was in the city today for a walk, it's CRAZY!

Oh you're Austrian, aren't you? :ohmy: Do you live in Vienna?

As the commentator just said, there's a lot of tired legs out there on the Austrian side. They've certainly been trying hard since that first goal!

^not good, but clever! I mean there are like ten 10 blue players in front of the austrian goal and only 4 austrians...that does not work at all!

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing! Sooo many blue men near that goal, how the heck can Austria even do anything??? :crack:

We lost. :huh:

The Austrian team was fighting really hard towards the end, but the Croatian defense was too good. Shame.

Croatian people have just taken over the city of Vienna.

^I hope the city stays peaceful. Anyone saw this croatian fan running on the field during the match?:slant:

Man, Pablo Gomez had some amazing moves in the first half. I don't remember him from 2006 so I suppose he's new?

I think this game is over. Germany is clearly the better team. Poland's few shots on goal are all weak and they just don't seem to be fast enough.

Something is seriously wrong when a guy named Lukas Podolski scores twice for Germany against Poland.

Good play Germany, though Podolski had a bit of luck with that bounced ball off Klose with the second goal.

While I think it would only have been fair if Austria had equalized, I don't see why people think it wasn't a penalty. The Austrian player didn't hit the ball, there was clearly contact between the players, and the the Croation didn't dive - he was knocked out of balance. Clear penalty to me.

:hmm: Portugal and Germany are very good so far! Tomorrow we'll see France and Italy...

Anybody watching the Argentina vs. USA friendly later on? I don't know if they're showing it in Europe or not.

Man, I'm gonna miss all the weekday matches cos I'll be at work! :banghead: Thank god ESPN Classic is scheduled to show highlights every evening! :bow:

Anybody watching the Argentina vs. USA friendly later on? I don't know if they're showing it in Europe or not.

Man, I'm gonna miss all the weekday matches cos I'll be at work! :banghead: Thank god ESPN Classic is scheduled to show highlights every evening! :bow:

I'll definitely be watching.

Argentina absolutely destroyed Mexico in their last friendly a few days ago.

USA played over at Spain last time and got blanked, but looked very good for a half. Freddy Adu in particular gave Spain some real problems. With Landon Donovan returning, USA definitely have a real chance to put some balls in the back of then net. They're still a favorite to lose, but I think it's great that they're willing to play anybody, any time, anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom